Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I really had to struggle to remember who Cody Hall was and was confused at first as to why Cody (Rhodes) had changed his Twitter name to Cody Hall.

Anyway, Janela rules and I hope it never gets unearthed that he's some horrible pervert or racist or something. He's never necessarily wowed me in the ring, but his impact on indie wrestling can't be denied. Dude has been hugely important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1113292217236348928

:shobon:

Asuka is too good for WWE and I wish she would go elsewhere simply because she would be treated significantly better.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

I keep forgetting Cody Hall still exists. Is he still in All Japan or something?

NOAH, I think

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Mad shade thrown at both TNA and the Confederacy by Cody

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Chris James 2 posted:

The absolute state of 2019 Cody Hall

when you were standing next to the young bucks, those pops weren't for you

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://www.instagram.com/619iamlucha/p/BvxyGf6BfX_/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh goddamn :unsmith:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

"I love your family."

You certainly did Eddie.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

NOAH, I think

Nah he got cut when the new owners took over

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Cody Hall is working for Federation Online. I think mania weekend he is working in a 6 man furniture smash.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1113444749506174976

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like this guy.

https://twitter.com/TheDonovanAllen/status/1113225871333167105

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Danhausen owns and his stable is great too. Here's him dancing with Session Moth to the red room music from Twin Peaks last week.

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1111675829896073218

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I remember when he started, he just some generic crossfit wrestler. then he got a baphomet tat and it went downhill from there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alright, so now I have to learn everything there is to know about that guy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here's what Cody Hall is doing btw. Big time.

https://twitter.com/This_wrestling1/status/1113534702009372673

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Cody Hall was loving dire the last time I saw him in NOAH

Which is too bad, he has a great voice and look

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
so what is it he an rear end in a top hat a lovely wrestler or nepotism personified?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He's exclusive to NOAH, which is a shame since there really isn't a talent pool deep enough to support and nurture him into his own.

Who knows, maybe it'll all click a few years down the line.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/whatatimepod/status/1113499854616104960

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

AkumaHokoru posted:

so what is it he an rear end in a top hat a lovely wrestler or nepotism personified?

I think I remember reading about him being a pain in the rear end in NJPW, he's also injury prone

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no one ever brings up Cody being let go by njpw because he shot on elgin about three years ago in their match at one of the road to invasion attack shows. Back then everyone was keeping Elgin extremely precious over the incident

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

He's exclusive to NOAH, which is a shame since there really isn't a talent pool deep enough to support and nurture him into his own.

Who knows, maybe it'll all click a few years down the line.

Neither of these things are true. He's not in NOAH and they're very good at developing talent. The talent pool is very deep.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
So he was let go from New Japan for shooting on Mike Elgin?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Imagine having a carpe diem tattoo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Neither of these things are true. He's not in NOAH and they're very good at developing talent. The talent pool is very deep.

uh cagematch says all the matches he's wrestled since like 2017 have been for NOAH. But he's not a part of the dojo system, which is why he isn't getting the full treatment.

And I'll concede that maybe the likes of Quiet Storm and Sugiura are actually pretty good and Cody's dumb as rocks for not rising to the occasion.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

freelancer is a very serious title to be taken seriously, even if the wrestler has been wrestling sorta exclusively for one company for a while

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

uh cagematch says all the matches he's wrestled since like 2017 have been for NOAH. But he's not a part of the dojo system, which is why he isn't getting the full treatment.

And I'll concede that maybe the likes of Quiet Storm and Sugiura are actually pretty good and Cody's dumb as rocks for not rising to the occasion.

He got cut once the new owners took over. It probably says a lot about him that one of the first things new management did was send him away.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

WOW. i'm right there with coconono, getting my warm bottom lit up!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

coconono posted:

I looked it up and yep, it's the same Quiet Storm that was banging around opening matches for ROH when they first started like fifteen years ago.

I had no idea the wrestler who named himself after an urban radio format had such a long and varied career!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He lives in Japan, speaks fluent Japanese and is always promoting appearances on some TV variety show. He's also in a tag team with Mohammed Yone based on their shared love of disco so he's definitely living his best life.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

hey, they finally got their big label deal

https://twitter.com/iamjericho/status/1113638718722781185

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

I looked it up and yep, it's the same Quiet Storm that was banging around opening matches for ROH when they first started like fifteen years ago.

I had no idea the wrestler who named himself after an urban radio format had such a long and varied career!

I thought I remembered his character being “Christian wrestler/“cool” youth group leader” but I think I’d just somehow made that up on my own as a kid watching 2002 ROH dvds. I mean he sounds and looks like someone who would be in a Christian Wrestling org

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just remember him as one of a group of guys who seemed to always be flipping around with each other with Amazing Red, the SAT, Brian XL, and Chris Divine. They seemed to pop up in different combos a lot of places around that time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

you get a star for the "quiet storm DJ" reference

and yeah it sounds like he's living the good life as a swole gaijin in Japan.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1113658718392963072

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

lol

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone remember a tweet about Brawl for All triple crown japan?

Was that a dream I had??

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He lives in Japan, speaks fluent Japanese and is always promoting appearances on some TV variety show. He's also in a tag team with Mohammed Yone based on their shared love of disco so he's definitely living his best life.
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him. I just hadn't really thought about him in a decade or so and I always thought the name didn't match the wrestler, kind of like when big slick angry bellowing men Bryan Adams and Brian Clarke (or Brian Adams and Bryan Clarke, I forget) formed a tag team of big leather jacket slick backed hair roid rage yellers named Kronik who shouted and grunted a bunch of weed/getting high references.

I now hope that early ROH has been a reverse ECW, and instead of everyone being dead all of the semi-forgotten wrestlers from their early shows are out there flourishing. Xavier has his own chain of fast casual restaurants in Canada, all of the Special K guys are integral parts of Doctors Without Borders, Senator Julius Smokes, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Julius Smokes is a radio DJ somewhere last I checked. if you say his name on twitter he'll tell you all about it.