Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've seen that Tyrion quote before.

Yeah, I think it was in the first batch of weirdass spoilers that including the Dany poo poo Corpse bit from August 2017. Pretty sure the "The Queen does not forget your service…" isn't referring to Dany by her and Jon's daughter Lyanna Targaryen from those same bonkers spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Throwing poo poo at characters to see if it sticks is the epitome of HBO's Game of Thrones. It'd only be fitting.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just want the loving thing to be over. I want it to be over and I want to be able to spoil people on it before it ends. I also kind of want to learn how to make a really good crumb cake, but that's for another time.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
RIP

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

kcroy posted:

completely unconfirmed

You forgot:

quote:

Winnie the Pooh... Targaryen!

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

What the gently caress is going on with his floor near the baseboards?

Also lol the Bloated One could be host to dozens of xenomorph larvae with room to spare.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mad Hamish posted:

Also lol the Bloated One could be host to dozens of xenomorph larvae with room to spare.

More like the Chestbursters suffocate trying to chew their way out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mad Hamish posted:

Black mold to fill his lungs with decay and putrescence.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

So with how stretched thin the last few seasons budgets have gotten I'm fully expecting the spinoff shows to be Syfy movie levels of production value.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TowerofOil posted:

So with how stretched thin the last few seasons budgets have gotten I'm fully expecting the spinoff shows to be Syfy movie levels of production value.

HBO has been launching dump trucks full of money off ski jump ramps at the show's budget for the last three years, and they've been bragging for a while now that part of the reason they've been killing off everyone in larger numbers is so they have more money to throw at other poo poo. If anything, Season 1 looks hilariously SyFy-y in comparison.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
People forget how lovely and scant all the exterior scenes looked in Season 1 just because they built a few good sets.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The armour looked better in S1 and that's about it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

esperterra posted:

The armour looked better in S1 and that's about it.

That's because S1 was "peace time", so all they had to do was just stand around and look cool in them. Come Season 2 when people had to do actual fighting and action scenes, all that beautiful armor was hella impractical both in-universe and from a production side.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Season 1 was them being frugal and punching above their weightclass through clever shooting and editing

Season whatever we're on is the Fyre Festival guys being like "lets just do it and be legends!"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Repainting the designs on the original Kingsguard armor must've been a bitch.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
I guess I should have stated I didn't think the early seasons had a higher budget, but if the last couple seasons is what truckloads of money gets you then they're not very smart with it.

I've felt that they focus a huge chunk of the season budget on 1-2 episodes.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Season 1 tourney was loving lol, bigger bleachers at a 2nd grade soccer game

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The outside of Littlefinger's brothel in S1 was so awful.

TowerofOil posted:

I guess I should have stated I didn't think the early seasons had a higher budget, but if the last couple seasons is what truckloads of money gets you then they're not very smart with it.

I've felt that they focus a huge chunk of the season budget on 1-2 episodes.

Oh yes, the Lannister vs Dothraki bettle. So low budget. Like a Xena episode.

They really skimped on Hardhome. Just guys walking around in Halloween masks.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 13, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

He's saying eps like that are where the lion's share of the budget goes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Since those aren't 9/10s, it must be reasonably spread around as needs go.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Trust it to nerds to avoid talking about any merit the show has in favour of budget chat

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I agree, the entire show should be budgeted egalitarianly: I want my council and dinner dialog scenes to look balls out fantastic, and my big giant action sequences to look underwhelming because we spent $700,000 on tablecloths alone.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I mean if we want to be real a huge bloat on the budget is some of the remaining cast members. Headey was always expensive and is def moreso, and Dinklage and all the main Starks and Clarke will be making mad bank as well. Also dragons are big now.

Everything looks good anyway, imho. The locations they choose and sets are p gr8, the costumes range from fine to gr8. The wigs are all suspect but w/e. For a TV show it is very pretty to look at in general.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Variety, Aug 27 2017 posted:

According to Variety, the five main actors each make the same amount: $500,000 per episode. That includes: Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jamie Lannister), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Kit Harrington (Jon Snow) and Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister).

loving lol half a mil per ep for the main five.

i'm surprised they're not making Friends bank tho. They were all making a mil per ep in the last two seasons and just a quarter shy of a mil before that lmfao

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

esperterra posted:

I mean if we want to be real a huge bloat on the budget is some of the remaining cast members. Headey was always expensive and is def moreso, and Dinklage and all the main Starks and Clarke will be making mad bank as well. Also dragons are big now.

Everything looks good anyway, imho. The locations they choose and sets are p gr8, the costumes range from fine to gr8. The wigs are all suspect but w/e. For a TV show it is very pretty to look at in general.

GoT looks extremely boring, especially the clothing.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
imagine how much it sucks to be a good actor and get paid the same as emelia clarke

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

GoT looks extremely boring, especially the clothing.

Yeah the costumes aren't great, but they've had some standouts throughout the seasons imho especially with characters like Margaery or like the KG armour in S1 were dope af

violent sex idiot posted:

imagine how much it sucks to be a good actor and get paid the same as emelia clarke

or kit harrington

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Terminator Genesys was godawful on every level, but Emilia Clarke has been perfectly fine in everything else I've seen her in. I don't get this thread's weird bug up its rear end that she's some kind of horribly bad actor.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It helps distract from the fact that the rest of the show is as horribly bad.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This reminds me of an episode of Star Trek

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

nine-gear crow posted:

I agree, the entire show should be budgeted egalitarianly: I want my council and dinner dialog scenes to look balls out fantastic, and my big giant action sequences to look underwhelming because we spent $700,000 on tablecloths alone.

I mean the action sequences already look pretty dumb because of what tends to be happening; if they're not gonna spend it on fight choreographers then they might as well spend it on a tablecloth.

Not all mind you. Battle of Kings Landing, Brienne vs. Hound, Lannister army vs. Dragon, that was some good poo poo.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

esperterra posted:

I was struck by how shabby the outdoor King's Landing scenes looked. Like they couldn't be bothered to get someone to pull the weeds.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

kcroy posted:

completely unconfirmed

>Jaime: Wildfire?
>Cersei nods.
>Jaime: Are you sure we have enough catapults—
>Cersei: We won’t be using catapults.
>A long, measured moment of silence here. Jaime looks at Qyburn, then to Cersei. He shuts his eyes.
>His worst fears have been confirmed.

>EXT. KING’S LANDING STREETS – DAY
>Brienne and the Hound are still riding through the streets.
>The city is in utter chaos. SMALLFOLK are running this way and that, some clutching their families close, others taking what goods they can find and stuffing them in their pockets.
>Brienne glances up. On the horizon, the Red Keep draws closer and closer.

>INT. THRONE ROOM – RED KEEP – DAY
>Jaime starts walking up the steps to the throne. The Mountain watches him closely, breathing heavily from under his helm.
>Jaime: You can’t do this, Cersei. There must be another way.
>Cersei: There is no other way. The city gates will fall in an hour.
>Jaime: Innocent lives are at stake here! One million innocent lives!
>Cersei fidgets in her throne, uncomfortable.
>Cersei: Get away from me.

>>
Anonymous 06/08/18(Fri)15:06:12 No.770991318▶>>770992939 >>770994689

>Tyrion: I hear my brother promised you a castle.
>Bronn: Oh, aye. Several times. But now that the old oval office’s gotten himself killed, I reckon I’m not going to see neither brick nor mortar of any castle.
>Tyrion: I wouldn’t be so sure.
>Bronn raises an eyebrow and whips his horse to a halt.
>Bronn: Come again?
>Tyrion: You proved yourself a capable warrior in the War For The Dawn. You helped vanquish the Night King and his armies, you single-handedly took out the Golden Company generals. The Queen does not forget your service… despite past grievances.
>Bronn: That’s one way to put it.
>Tyrion: Nevertheless, a Lannister always pays his debts.

>Tyrion leads his horse up to the crest of the hill. Bronn follows behind, stopping next to Tyrion to marvel at…

>THE TWINS. Sitting idle and undisturbed in the golden sunlight.
>Tyrion: Consider the debt paid twice-over.

You would think John would want the Twins to go to his uncle Edmure and not some sellsword loyal to a Lannister.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ruddiger posted:

You would think John would want the Twins to go to his uncle Edmure and not some sellsword loyal to a Lannister.

Edmure's a brokebrained traitor who's 1000% gonna die to complete his character arc either in redemption or going out with a rippling fart like the twit he is. And even if he doesn't, he's still Lord of Riverrun and Lord Paramount of the Riverlands once Jon/Dany/their kid/Tyrion restores his titles and lands at the end of everything.

Let Bronn have the loving Twins, they were garbage anyway.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Terminator Genesys was godawful on every level, but Emilia Clarke has been perfectly fine in everything else I've seen her in. I don't get this thread's weird bug up its rear end that she's some kind of horribly bad actor.

Didn't watch Solo eh?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Didn't watch Solo eh?

i heard it was bad and she was bad in it?

she's not inherently bad herself, i guess?

also i assume dong lover did the best with what he was given and was good in it proving that she should have been able to overcome her shittily written character?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
She has the same problem as The Rock. Could probably do a pretty great job in a rral role but only gets cast in garbage with generic one-liner quippy characters.

But that's just guessing, because it will never happen.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

syscall girl posted:

i heard it was bad and she was bad in it?

she's not inherently bad herself, i guess?

also i assume dong lover did the best with what he was given and was good in it proving that she should have been able to overcome her shittily written character?

She’s perfectly passable in Solo, it’s just that Donald Glover and Phoebe Waller-Bridge just suck all the air out of the room with how amazing they are as Lando and L3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

y'all should watch her godawful attempt at Holly Golightly