Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Voyager I posted:

One of my special joys in Modern was watching RW Prison decks slam out a T2 Blood Moon vs Tron and then get owned by T7 Karn because they made absolutely no relevant plays in the intervening five turns.

The legacy version of the deck is just so silly fast to get a lock down. They protect their clocks every well too. New Karn is just so good with sol lands and takes over games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Voyager I posted:

One of my special joys in Modern was watching RW Prison decks slam out a T2 Blood Moon vs Tron and then get owned by T7 Karn because they made absolutely no relevant plays in the intervening five turns.

One of my favorite things I did when I was running Titan Breach was to hardcast Emrakul while my Skred opponent had a Blood Moon out. Normally the deck only has 14 mana-producing lands, so thanks for making all of my fetchlands produce mana!

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

So this is the new humans staple?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Core+Set+2019/Militia+Bugler#paper

Can someone who has actually sleeved this card up tell me if its legit.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Lol at that store getting the boot.

I’m not a neonazi I just think skrewdriver is a really good band so I bought their shirt.

I hope unsleeved media loses his mind over this for a few weeks and decides to eat a bullet about it.

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Tainen posted:

That NY store with the scribbled out inclusion policy and KEK flags got their WPN ban today. On their Facebook page the owner posted a video that started “this is the second time uploading this video... the first one Facebook removed for hate speech :shrug:

First the alcohol policy, and now this. Wizards are on a roll with great decisions this week.
gently caress that store.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh man nothing like going 6-2 in Competitive and then in the last match getting the U/W mirror match of boredom. since i'd already profited i ended up conceding on turn one million even though i was probably narrowly favored but opponent was taking so long to decide to pass turns

they also really need an option to turn off all the stupid bullshit animations, and especially the play area animations like the leaves and poo poo like nobody and i mean nobody cares if the goddamn leaves move and i just know it's contributing to the horrible framerate issues the client has. though some of that has to be lag because in some matches everything animates and goes very fast so i don't know what the gently caress is up. maybe the game animates at the speed of the slowest player. and i just bet they were dumb enough to code it so that both players see the card animations simultaneously ugggghhhhhh ARENA

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I like the leaves

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I like the little critters moving on the margins.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kuiperdolin posted:

I like the little critters moving on the margins.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I do like the bugs

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I would like the ability to play my cards with no animations inside a featureless void, since if there was a resource-lite mode it'd make playing on my tablet a lot more comfortable.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sickening posted:

So this is the new humans staple?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/price/Core+Set+2019/Militia+Bugler#paper

Can someone who has actually sleeved this card up tell me if its legit.

Seems good, but the creature suite in Humans seems pretty tight and I'm not 100% sure what you would cut. I saw it pop up in some D&T/Hatebears lists online, especially GW.

I hope it doesn't get too hot because I was supposed to win a promo one at FNM a couple weeks ago but forgot to pick it up before I left, and I feel like it's too late for me to go back and say "hey I never got my promo"

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Matsuri posted:

broseph's got that richard spencer "adolf hipster" haircut goin on

extremely well-executed hybrid of nazi undercut and unkempt gamer rat's nest

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Matsuri posted:

broseph's got that richard spencer "adolf hipster" haircut goin on

This appears to be him
https://twitter.com/saffronolive/status/1019528942531891200

Nice profile...

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

turns out being a nazi wont secure his child's future

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

The American Dream posted:

Lol at that store getting the boot.

did they actually lose WPN status? link?

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Tim Raines IRL posted:

did they actually lose WPN status? link?

https://www.gofundme.com/fire-amp-dice-transition-fund

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

turns out being a nazi wont secure his child's future

So you're saying his effort to secure a future for white children may have negatively affected the future for his white children?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Good on you for not kowtowing to these SJW fucks. Clearly, they know no loyalty to their stores for not even doing due diligence to find out that Kekistan is all about parody and taking the piss. It's like saying the letter 'S' is a sign of Nazism because the SS used it as their symbol, absurd. WotC is dead to me. I tried to post about this on the reddit and was instabanned. Censorship, hmm, who was that a main tactic for again? Starts with 'F', ends in 'ascists'...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know why specifically a gofundme for a thousand dollar exists, but its really sad that its got six hundred bucks already

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Combination of a Touhou meme and a MAGA hat, what a loving winner

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Why do butt hurt libs keep censoring him for "hate speech!" conspiracy! MAGA!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"the direct consequences of my actions are harassment, my actual harassment of others is protected as free speech" - mtg players

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Tainen posted:

That NY store with the scribbled out inclusion policy and KEK flags got their WPN ban today. On their Facebook page the owner posted a video that started “this is the second time uploading this video... the first one Facebook removed for hate speech :shrug:
This is a great start to my day. gently caress those assholes with a cactus.

edit: a gofundme for $1000 for a store? the gently caress are they gonna do, pay half their monthly rent with it?

Yawgmoth fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 18, 2018

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
This twitter is a rich mine of a butthurt conservative.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Owner of the store isn't a racist a sexist or any other type of an ist, guy has an Asian wife and a bi racial daughter. I run a dnd game there on Wednesday's and I can guarantee the owner has never made anyone feel unwelcome.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Can we keep this poo poo out of the thread please, tia

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Owner of the store isn't a racist a sexist or any other type of an ist, guy has an Asian wife and a bi racial daughter. I run a dnd game there on Wednesday's and I can guarantee the owner has never made anyone feel unwelcome.

Then his words and actions are pathologically at odds with themselves

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Chill la Chill posted:

Having a wife or daughter doesn't make someone not a sexist, and plenty of racists have loved ones who are from a group they might otherwise hold negative views about. If the guy didn't want to lose his WPN then he should've done a better job of keeping MAGA chuds from making GBS threads up his store with their meme propaganda.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 18, 2018

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Gonna need in-line citations in this thread, I think.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Katana Gomai posted:

Can we keep this poo poo out of the thread please, tia

Just scroll past it you weirdo.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Having a wife or daughter doesn't make someone not a sexist, and plenty of racists have loved ones who are from a group they might otherwise hold negative views about.

I'm pretty sure this is a "source your quotes" situation but as someone from garbage-land Pennsylvania I can definitely confirm both of these things. It describes literally every single person I work with.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

i saw this but it will take more than a cash grab from a known agitatator, to convince me that WoTC has actually done this. hope so, though

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

suicidesteve posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a "source your quotes" situation but as someone from garbage-land Pennsylvania I can definitely confirm both of these things. It describes literally every single person I work with.

ive had people tell me quite literally "i don't even think of you as a minority" which is supposed to be a compliment. i'm somebodies cover for not being a racist hooray

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Chill la Chill posted:

a kekistan flag would make me feel unwelcome to the point of instantly leaving. obvious white supremacist bullshit, Asian wife or not.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

guy probably thinks wives and daughters are property.

"i can't be racist, my slaves are black!"

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I didn't actually know what a kek flag or kekistan was before this so at least I got a little education out of it!

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I love how they range from "never made anyone feel unwelcome" to "good on you for sticking it to those SJW cucks" in the space of 3 comments.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The only good Magic player is a dead one, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

guy probably thinks wives and daughters are property.

"i can't be racist, my slaves are black!"

It's probably more of this too:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/06/opinion/sunday/alt-right-asian-fetish.html

TLDR: Despite hating minorities, white supremacists often have a huge fetish for Asian women because they think of them as subservient sex objects. Also Asian minorities are considered a "good" minority by white supremacists because they are quiet, studious, non-threatening, and Richard Spencer endorsed.