Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Ritznit posted:

Whose bright idea was it to make Seven and Chakotay a romantic thing in the like last 10 episodes of Voyager? Seriously, what the gently caress?

hillary rodham clinton iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

actually its really hosed up the "you will be assimilated" lady submissively beds the first nations man now that i think about it

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

GolfHole posted:

actually its really hosed up the "you will be assimilated" lady submissively beds the first nations man now that i think about it

"Akoocheemoya!"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ritznit posted:

Right, isn't there a point where the show goes to poo poo? So, what should I watch?
they did exactly the same thing lost did by playing with the 'is it mysticism or is it science? ooo' for the first 2 seasons and then mid s3 got bored and straight up started doing poo poo that can not be explained by science at all

watch it up to the point where they arrive on new caprica, and then immediately throw the dvds into the sea

e: worth noting though that the show has such a good start its still worth it

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Ritznit posted:

Whose bright idea was it to make Seven and Chakotay a romantic thing in the like last 10 episodes of Voyager? Seriously, what the gently caress?

I think it might have been Robert Beltran's idea. I believe he hated it on Voyager and kept trying to get fired by demanding pay rises and such. Demanding that Chakotay and Seven hook up was one of those ideas but they did it rather than fire him.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I think it might have been Robert Beltran's idea. I believe he hated it on Voyager and kept trying to get fired by demanding pay rises and such. Demanding that Chakotay and Seven hook up was one of those ideas but they did it rather than fire him.

Robert Beltran is my spirit animal.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

GolfHole posted:

:drat:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

makes no sense, janeway clearly has the hots bigtime for seven otherwise why would she break the prime temporal directive just to save her, let alone all the rest of the stuff that went on before that

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bobby Deluxe posted:

they did exactly the same thing lost did by playing with the 'is it mysticism or is it science? ooo' for the first 2 seasons and then mid s3 got bored and straight up started doing poo poo that can not be explained by science at all

watch it up to the point where they arrive on new caprica, and then immediately throw the dvds into the sea

e: worth noting though that the show has such a good start its still worth it

Season 3 got hosed by the writers strike and is a real mess. Season 4 managed to recover a little from it, but goddamn is the ending a wet fart.

If you want an ejection point, it's after the fourth episode of season 3. Wraps up the arc that starts at the end of season 2, with one of the best action scenes in the entire series, and it all goes downhill from there. I'd still say keep watching as long as it holds your interest though.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Everyone fucks on Voyager except Harry Kim

Even the Doctor. Especially the Doctor.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

It was 100% his idea. just kept demanding more poo poo and outlandish ideas, hoping to be fired.
Instead they just gave him whatever he wanted

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
If there'd been another season, Chakotay would only be seen sitting in a golden chair, smoking cigars, wearing shades and drinking from a jeweled cup.

His only line if someone adressed him would be a disgusted "ehh..." and a dismissive handwave.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Season 3 got hosed by the writers strike and is a real mess. Season 4 managed to recover a little from it, but goddamn is the ending a wet fart.

If you want an ejection point, it's after the fourth episode of season 3. Wraps up the arc that starts at the end of season 2, with one of the best action scenes in the entire series, and it all goes downhill from there. I'd still say keep watching as long as it holds your interest though.

I remember watching it along with the gang in TVIV. Everyone lost their goddamn minds when the Adama maneuver happened. It's still so loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AjXgY35iZg

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

I remember watching it along with the gang in TVIV. Everyone lost their goddamn minds when the Adama maneuver happened. It's still so loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AjXgY35iZg

This was seriously the vfx/action sequence of the decade. Shows have come along that I think are overall stronger than BSG was but nothing has topped this scene still

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Ritznit posted:

Right, isn't there a point where the show goes to poo poo? So, what should I watch?

Keep watching until you don't feel like watching any more.

I say this as someone who thinks the show went totally off the rails in season 3, but some people love the whole thing, so you should just watch it until you yourself no longer enjoy it.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I watched Trials and Tribbulations last night. I've never seen TOS but I enjoyed it thoroughly. (Although I'm def over everyone in the st universe constantly sucking Kirk's dock)

And Dax in that hair. Whew. That is some Quality Content

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Everyone fucks on Voyager except Harry Kim

Even the Doctor. Especially the Doctor.
I like how Tom Paris, the criminal, gets brought on at a higher rank then Harry, eventually gets demoted down to Ensign, then promoted above Harry again. Great job Harry.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I watched Trials and Tribbulations last night. I've never seen TOS but I enjoyed it thoroughly. (Although I'm def over everyone in the st universe constantly sucking Kirk's dock)

"Kirks Nacelle" is the correct terminology.

It has a rather unique warp signature.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
The epsiode where jake dates a older woman is creepy as heck and I wish the muse wasn't made.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Dax is all about that :spock:

Kirk is just that good tbh though

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
One episode in and I already can't stand Archer's and T'Pol's rear end in a top hat bickering. It's not entertaining or interesting, they're just both being dicks.

Does this ever get better? Maybe??

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Also I do not blame the actress at all, it's just not helping that on top of that T'Pol has this constant pouty face which just adds to the dick vibes.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

T'Pol gets better and has an arc and development. Archer stays dumb as bricks and his development is "Maybe hard men need to make hard choices for the greater good" because the show has post 9/11 brain worms.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
An alien woman can test trust but only if she makes out with Archer first, time travel is involved and a bunch of people die. And that's within like, 10 minutes. Also, "decon gel", with loving camera shots of T'Pols hard nipples and closeups of her curves. Why. Why is any of this a thing.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Archer is the loving worst.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Ritznit posted:

An alien woman can test trust but only if she makes out with Archer first, time travel is involved and a bunch of people die. And that's within like, 10 minutes. Also, "decon gel", with loving camera shots of T'Pols hard nipples and closeups of her curves. Why. Why is any of this a thing.

Enterprise, wasn't good.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Archer is the loving worst.

drilldo squirt posted:

Enterprise, wasn't good.

I was prepared for things to suck but I didn't expect it to suck this much. This is going to be a difficult ride.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

If you already can't stand Archer bickering with T'Pol, it will be a looooong road

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gettin from there to here

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Just think about this fact: Enterprise is the show they made riding on Voyager's coattails. They were so out of ideas, they recycled plots from Star Trek: Voyager.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Enterprise.... was bad. I only watched up to the Risa episode, why did they need to make it weirdly transphobic and homophobic, what kind of gay space communist utopia do they think this is

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The insanely hostile dynamic between T’Pol and Archer does eventually get better though, right around the halfway point in season 2.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Phlox can be fun. But yes Enterprise is really a slog.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I liked Enterprise.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I like Enterpise better than Voyager because so much of Voyager is just boring. But Enterprise is really bad still.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

I was off and on into it during its first run but I can't really stand it anymore.

Ironically, Voyager has grown on me.

King Diamond
Dec 26, 2005
I tried and gave up watching Enterprise multiple times. A friend of mine recently convinced me to at least give season 4 a shot and I did. Full of problems, but it was watchable.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
So far I find Enterprise more insufferable than Voyager. Voyager is tiresome and boring, absolutely, but in Enterprise more characters outright piss me off so far.

I have no idea if I will find Phlox entertaining. Voyager had the Doctor as a saving grace, while I already know that Phlox is cool with genocide and that makes it kinda hard to like him.

Miss posted:

Enterprise.... was bad. I only watched up to the Risa episode, why did they need to make it weirdly transphobic and homophobic, what kind of gay space communist utopia do they think this is

God I hate the early 2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Ritznit posted:

I have no idea if I will find Phlox entertaining. Voyager had the Doctor as a saving grace, while I already know that Phlox is cool with genocide and that makes it kinda hard to like him.

I still say it's not genocide. It's the trolley problem, isn't it? The people on the Enterprise don't actually cause the disease. They just fly away without curing the disease.