Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This theme song was also pretty catchy but also gets the "Most likely to indoctrinate children towards communist men's choirs" award

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTY1i9F_7Yw

.... but might also indoctrinate children into Japanese lounge music if they track down the original. :haw:

The recent remake, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, got released stateside as Star Blazers 2199 and lovingly keeps all the old 1980's anime aesthetics, right down to the "alien world" synth chords and big whirring mechanical sounds. It's well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6LFkMniuTk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Wait for it...

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

I'm 75 feet from a Chevron and it's 169.9 right now. Nice away. Also this is Vancouver for you Amerigoons. That's almost 6.50 Canadian a gallon.

Caedus has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Apr 16, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The recent remake, Space Battleship Yamato 2199, got released stateside as Star Blazers 2199 and lovingly keeps all the old 1980's anime aesthetics, right down to the "alien world" synth chords and big whirring mechanical sounds. It's well worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6LFkMniuTk

I have huge nostalgia right now. I'm going to track down this one down, I loved Star Blazers when I was a kid.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Scathach posted:

"Setting up my parents' wifi"

lmao really

Lewis??

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Screaming Idiot posted:

One fine day with a woof and a woof
A baby was born and it needed some proof
No blue bunny, no three-eyed frog
A canine, canine little DogDog
DogDog!
DogDog!
Alone in the world is a little DogDog!

Are you aware how poorly this lines up with Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 06:52 on Apr 16, 2019

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Memento posted:

I have huge nostalgia right now. I'm going to track down this one down, I loved Star Blazers when I was a kid.

They've also made a live action movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFiow5HMu88

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

To this day my parents' wireless SSID is "Prawn Haul 2012." It's just the price they pay for getting free tech support

The one for my mom is "Use This One Mom". It gets about 30 requests for connections every week from random people who aren't my parents. I don't know if they're hackers who think it'll be an easy connect or if it's random old people trying to connect to it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The live-action movie... is actually pretty good, and well worth a watch if you get the chance. It cribs hard from Battlestar Galactica's "modern navy in space" styling, but it actually understands what made that work. And applies just as well to a literal naval battleship in space.

Memento posted:

It's readily available on DVD/Blu-Ray in the US if you don't want to just make a Funimation account to stream it, and it's coming in Australia in a month. If you love anime from the 70's/80's (or just general classic sci-fi), you'll really dig it. It's also well into a second season now, fighting the Comet Empire like in the original series, as Star Blazers 2202.

DiggityDoink posted:

The one for my mom is "Use This One Mom". It gets about 30 requests for connections every week from random people who aren't my parents. I don't know if they're hackers who think it'll be an easy connect or if it's random old people trying to connect to it.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The live-action movie... is actually pretty good, and well worth a watch if you get the chance. It cribs hard from Battlestar Galactica's "modern navy in space" styling, but it actually understands what made that work. And applies just as well to a literal naval battleship in space.

It's readily available on DVD/Blu-Ray in the US if you don't want to just make a Funimation account to stream it, and it's coming in Australia in a month. If you love anime from the 70's/80's (or just general classic sci-fi), you'll really dig it. It's also well into a second season now, fighting the Comet Empire like in the original series, as Star Blazers 2202.

My man :hf:

Going to hit up JB Hi-fi when it comes out and relive a childhood favourite.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

It doesn't specify which mom so that makes sense

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I didn't know about the alternate Big O intro, but since that was posted and the original, might as well also post season 2's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQZgZaOkg

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Scathach posted:

"Setting up my parents' wifi"

lol

a roku ityool 2019

lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

also be aware that it is an apologia for the militarism of imperial japan, down to using visuals from the script that was read to kamikaze pilots before a mission.

lol 3,055 people died aboard this piece of poo poo, only to be lionized by a cartoon decades later.

thatbastardken has a new favorite as of 12:35 on Apr 16, 2019

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 12:38 on Apr 16, 2019

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Data Graham posted:

If we're really doing this,

we aren't though

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

jesus WEP posted:

lol

a roku ityool 2019

lol

What's wrong with it? My brother just bought one because it's the only box available that supports all the streaming services he uses in one.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

muscles like this! posted:

I got a random email from a company client today that I'm pretty sure is their password for something.

I do some computer janitor work and on multiple occasions people have given me their password to this system or the other, completely unprompted. It's baffling how they've turned a blind eye to every cyber security awareness training they've gone through and will kindly offer up the keys to the kingdom to a guy on the phone.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/MAXK5551/status/1118139938699206658

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Reminder that LinkedIn keeps asking people for their email password. Filthy fucks.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

lol

a roku ityool 2019

lol

my tv has it built in lol

:smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fried Watermelon posted:

my tv has it built in lol

:smith:

:same:

I have no complaints though, it does what I need

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

sandoz posted:

"riff it, boys!", i shout to the empty room around me

My friends are riffing over there, just out of frame.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Phlegmish posted:

lmao really

Lewis??

I was more surprised by the bragging gynaecologist.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

I have no complaints though, it does what I need

Goons gonna ‘sperg. Roku is fine. It actually performs much more smoothly than my Fire Tv.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

Reminder that LinkedIn keeps asking people for their email password. Filthy fucks.

What? Seriously? That’s insane.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
DO YOU WISH TO COMMIT CRIME AND gently caress YOURSELF WITH A GIANT SPORK???? WE WILL HELP YOU!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDD FUG BENIS

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 16:26 on Apr 16, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://m.imgur.com/r/Unexpected/VdBptSP

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I never know which thread these belong in, but it's almost certainly the gif thread or the meme thread. Nevertheless I will also never not find them funny, so maybe this is the right thread after all

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

bike tory posted:

I never know which thread these belong in, but it's almost certainly the gif thread or the meme thread. Nevertheless I will also never not find them funny, so maybe this is the right thread after all

I honestly thought that they dropped it and it broke.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

404’d. Anyone have a cache?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Yeah that's pretty much the only thing that was going to be at the bottom.

But now I really want to know what was actually down there.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Still there for me but try a different source

https://giant.gfycat.com/LegalSociableDogfish.webm

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
There was a Sonic the Hedgehog comic book that was allowed to run like 200 issues only because nobody ever read it. The series ended because a Sega executive saw an issue at a newstand, bought it for his kid, read it on the way home, and immediately called the comic publisher and told them to stop

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gripweed posted:

There was a Sonic the Hedgehog comic book that was allowed to run like 200 issues only because nobody ever read it. The series ended because a Sega executive saw an issue at a newstand, bought it for his kid, read it on the way home, and immediately called the comic publisher and told them to stop

Was that the one with like 900 different echidnas because the head writer was really weird?

edit: echidnae?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Was that the one with like 900 different echidnas because the head writer was really weird?

Echidnodes

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yup.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Getting some real *original art do not steal* vibes off that. That's horrible.

Those copy pasted knuckles.