Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

All I can remember of this song is this poorly hummed excerpt posted here. I think the actual tempo of the song is a bit faster than what I went at:

It's a fairly recent song but I can't remember anything else about it.

Edit: Roommate figured it out. 'Kids' by MGMT

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sausage Link
Oct 12, 2009

by mons al-madeen
All I remember is "Falling to the ground" or some similar lyric. The song was one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard- really stuck with me, at least the instrumental bits; even months after hearing it just once. I wish I could remember more of the lyrics, but I think the general theme of the song was domestic abuse, or child abuse. It was on an indie rock station as I drove through Missouri.

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice

Sausage Link posted:

All I remember is "Falling to the ground" or some similar lyric. The song was one of the most amazing songs I've ever heard- really stuck with me, at least the instrumental bits; even months after hearing it just once. I wish I could remember more of the lyrics, but I think the general theme of the song was domestic abuse, or child abuse. It was on an indie rock station as I drove through Missouri.

I sure hope it's Buck 65 - The Floor because I love that song so much.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Trying to remember a song that was fairly popular last year. It's by a British band, and I recall listening to some of their other stuff and it wasn't quite the same style as the song I'm trying to find. I want to say it had some honky tonk piano type of stuff going on at some point, but I may be conflating it with something else on that front. The video took place in a bar, had kind of an old west feel though it was set in the modern time. I seem to recall the bar was kind of dimly lit and the color brown or sepia all over, though the video was in color. I don't remember much about the band members beyond the lead singer had short hair. Not much to go on, but hopefully enough for someone to know what the hell I'm getting at.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Detective Thompson posted:

Trying to remember a song that was fairly popular last year. It's by a British band, and I recall listening to some of their other stuff and it wasn't quite the same style as the song I'm trying to find. I want to say it had some honky tonk piano type of stuff going on at some point, but I may be conflating it with something else on that front. The video took place in a bar, had kind of an old west feel though it was set in the modern time. I seem to recall the bar was kind of dimly lit and the color brown or sepia all over, though the video was in color. I don't remember much about the band members beyond the lead singer had short hair. Not much to go on, but hopefully enough for someone to know what the hell I'm getting at.

Elbow - Grounds for Divorce?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

HoldYourFire posted:

Elbow - Grounds for Divorce?

Yes, thank you.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Spudsly posted:

I'm looking for the name of a hip hop song, I thought it was by Eyedea and Abilities (I must be wrong though because I've searched their entire catalog, I think), which was sort of about hip hop in the suburbs... my guess at the songs title is something like "sticks and stones". The only lyrics I can remember are "girls of 15 looking like they're 22/ baby you don't tell on me and I won't tell on you." and at the end there's something about battling an MC at a party and the last line of the song is "then he pulled out a gun and shot me". I've put a large portion of time googling these weird phrases and have come up with nothing.

Whelp, thanks to Eyedea dying I finally figured out the name of this song... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-LnSwJOnE . I'll take poor quality over nothing!

Waals Vander
Jul 11, 2010

Live...
Laugh...
Post...

Maha posted:

someone answered you the first time around: http://tindeck.com/listen/yevm

i know i got that. i was wondering if someone had more info on the band in general ex. a thread

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010
I've been desperately trying to figure out this song for a while now. It's a country song, I heard it about 3 years ago while getting a tattoo and while I was there I totally forgot to ask the artist what song it was. That doesn't mean much, as it could be older. The only lyrics I can remember is something like "...the bartender slit his wrists" and a listing of gun calibers "thirty-eight, forty-five,...". Sadly, my google-fu is weak :( .

SuperS
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not that super, really
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTR0oViw4wo

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
Anyone know the rap song that sampled the Sonic 2 boss music? I had it years ago, but I can't find it now. It was on youtube too, but I don't know the name. "Trophy truck" was part of the chorus, but that's all I know. Tried googling and everything, but it's not a major rap song or anything. I don't think it was a great rap song, lyrically, but I liked it for whatever reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzXwutv0yy8

Dopilsya
Apr 3, 2010

That's it, thanks.

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

Dudebro posted:

Anyone know the rap song that sampled the Sonic 2 boss music? I had it years ago, but I can't find it now. It was on youtube too, but I don't know the name. "Trophy truck" was part of the chorus, but that's all I know. Tried googling and everything, but it's not a major rap song or anything. I don't think it was a great rap song, lyrically, but I liked it for whatever reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzXwutv0yy8

Charles Hamilton (who sampled a lot of sonic 2 music) - my wonderful pink polo samples it about halfway through (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4OAVF7N8U0)

only other song i found that sampled it is a trance song by westbam called wizard of the sonic

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
OK, I heard a rock song, fairly new a few weeks ago. Lyrics along the lines of " I'm/(Just got) back from Miami." Not too heavy of a rock song, more just regular rock. Something the DJ said was about the lead singer was from a popular band, and was going either solo, or a side band.

Any help would be appreciated, as this is driving my crazy

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
A few years ago, probably 2005 or 2006, I heard a song on the radio that I have not heard again. I have tried to track it down over the past few years to no avail. It was a monologue type song, where a guy is talking about driving (I think) and a girl making him drive...something like that. I heard it on Live 105 (SF BayArea Alternative Rock station) if that helps at all.

I would love to know what song it was.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

pctD posted:

A few years ago, probably 2005 or 2006, I heard a song on the radio that I have not heard again. I have tried to track it down over the past few years to no avail. It was a monologue type song, where a guy is talking about driving (I think) and a girl making him drive...something like that. I heard it on Live 105 (SF BayArea Alternative Rock station) if that helps at all.

No real certainty here but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxDmpaR8fMA ?

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS

SlumPrince posted:

Charles Hamilton (who sampled a lot of sonic 2 music) - my wonderful pink polo samples it about halfway through (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4OAVF7N8U0)

only other song i found that sampled it is a trance song by westbam called wizard of the sonic

Wasn't this one, no. It uses the sample throughout the whole song. It's too obscure I think, like one of those artists that are locally known.

FowlTheOwl
Nov 5, 2008

O thou precious owl,
The wise Minervas only fowl
I had a song I listened too a while back about hobbit(s), I think it was for a rock star contest and it was a rap. Does any one remember what it was called? or who sung it?

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug

Final Fart Buttball posted:

No real certainty here but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxDmpaR8fMA ?

Nope, that's not it.

It was more of a film noir style monologue.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I'm looking for a cover of "You Rascal You" that I heard on the radio in New Orleans a couple years back. Only unlike most versions this wasn't very upbeat or brassy. but darker in musical style, and slow. Singer had a deep, throaty voice, as I recall.

It was awesome.

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;
Brand New's song Archers, at around 45seconds to 1:05 the chorus and guitar work sounds EXACTLY like another song, but I cannot recognize it. Especially the part when he says "and it's what I say". Someone help before I go nuts.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

pctD posted:

Sounds a lot like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lhspmjCJ4

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

Waals Vander posted:

i know i got that. i was wondering if someone had more info on the band in general ex. a thread

Not a goon band, as far as I know - that's goon "The Young Marge" and you can hear her latest in the Rockstar 40: Girl Power! thread!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3349986

So you can ask her about band stuff yourself :)

Verdance
May 9, 2007
Tweak

pctD posted:

Rise Against - The Approaching Curve ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N9U0WIBn_8

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

I was hanging out with my girlfriend today when this tune got stuck in my head out of nowhere. I hummed it for her and she recognized it but couldn't tell me what it was. We're both convinced it's by some camp 80s pop group.

Anyway it's been annoying me all day so I opened up Reason and banged out some sinewave approximation of it:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

im a girl btw posted:

I was hanging out with my girlfriend today when this tune got stuck in my head out of nowhere. I hummed it for her and she recognized it but couldn't tell me what it was. We're both convinced it's by some camp 80s pop group.

Anyway it's been annoying me all day so I opened up Reason and banged out some sinewave approximation of it:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like Madonna's "Material Girl" in a different key (original is in C Major, yours sounds like it was in F#).

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug

rollick posted:

Sounds a lot like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_lhspmjCJ4

That's the one. You're amazing. Thanks!

Edit: song is not as good as I remember. Oh well, it's one thing that doesn't bother me anymore!

pctD fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Oct 24, 2010

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

blinkeve1826 posted:

Sounds like Madonna's "Material Girl" in a different key (original is in C Major, yours sounds like it was in F#).

That's it, thank you :)

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
Anyone got any idea what music is used in these two videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWLBYjEJMXI&feature=player_embedded
And the first song in this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THrltK9cGo8&feature=player_embedded!

Disclaimer: I was browsing stormfront for reasons other than being a massive racist so you can still help me without going to hell or w/e.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
If you like lame 80's aerobics, you're gonna LOVE this video. My question is what version of H.A.P.P.Y. Radio is playing in the background from around 5.55 onwards? It's not the Edwin Starr original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFSSMd74HEU

It's been driving me nuts, especially as this is one of the videos that has consistently made me laugh for the past 2 years or so.

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank
I went to Kauai this summer and loved the music on the local radio station. Since then I have been trying to hunt down the songs we heard.
Here are the ones I've found:
Alive by The Green
Bring Back the Days by Rebel Souljahz
I'm Yours by Ten Feet
Billionaire by Travie McMoy
Let's Do It Again by J Boog

The last song that I cannot find is about a one night stand. It is a male singer and the idea of the song is that they hooked up for a one night stand and he wants to make it into a long term thing. I thought the title was some thing like "Make our one night stand . . ." I remember it was a little explicit, talking about taking her panties off and smoking weed.

The radio station was Kauai's local north shore station. I think it was 95.5.
Thanks

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:
I'm looking for a song that I started humming to myself the other day, and don't know where I heard it. The chorus goes "Yeah yeah ya ya yeah, yeah yeah ya ya ya yeah!" It is very upbeat, almost punk, but more like power pop. It's not by the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, or LCD Soundsystem, or Flaming Lips - which were the artists my searches led me to.

If no one has any idea what I'm talking about I can record me singing the chorus. It's sung rhythmically, and it gradually rises in pitch.

Thanks!

Chimoru
Jan 14, 2008

If you want someone to love you, open your heart.
If you want someone to be obsessed with you, close it.

Kali11324 posted:

I went to Kauai this summer and loved the music on the local radio station. Since then I have been trying to hunt down the songs we heard.
Here are the ones I've found:
Alive by The Green
Bring Back the Days by Rebel Souljahz
I'm Yours by Ten Feet
Billionaire by Travie McMoy
Let's Do It Again by J Boog

The last song that I cannot find is about a one night stand. It is a male singer and the idea of the song is that they hooked up for a one night stand and he wants to make it into a long term thing. I thought the title was some thing like "Make our one night stand . . ." I remember it was a little explicit, talking about taking her panties off and smoking weed.

The radio station was Kauai's local north shore station. I think it was 95.5.
Thanks

The only thing I could find like that was that "Let's Do It Again" by J Boog
Which you already have listed...are you sure you didn't mix that song in your head with something else?

Kali11324
Dec 8, 2004

This space intentionally left blank

Chimoru posted:

The only thing I could find like that was that "Let's Do It Again" by J Boog
Which you already have listed...are you sure you didn't mix that song in your head with something else?
It's a lot like that song and I probably have some parts confused but it opens with explicit lyrics about taking off her panties and we turned it off because we had the kids in the car with us. And I specifically remember a line that started with "let's make our one night stand into . . "

FLEXBONER
Apr 27, 2009

Esto es un infierno. Estoy en el infierno.
I'm not expecting anything here, because this description is going to be incredibly vague, and I have no definite lyrics to give. That being said, here's what I can tell you:

-Featured drums very prominently; mostly bass and tom
-Vaguely Spanish/Latin feel
-Layered, "childish" female vocals
-Trumpets featured at several points

That's all I got. There might have been something about a "locomotive" at some point. It was a very indie, college radio kinda song. I heard a few snatches of it while napping in the Student Center, and really liked it, but due to the general hustle and bustle of the busy area, couldn't really hear the lyrics.

Sorry for being super unhelpful!

ZeroConnection
Aug 8, 2008
I can't remember the song or band name , it is a song by a british band i think , that has released a lot of albums , their previous music was all electronic/trance but their latest album features them singing.
This album is released between 2005 to 2008 , not older than 2002 and not newer than 2008 , I'm not too sure.

The album cover has might have someones face on it ,and you can see a red television glow on it.

The song itself is a single from that album , the music video has the band singing in a house , the house would catch fire at the end of the video , i think.
the lyrics goes like " woooooooooooo?? wooh oohh woooh oooh woooo

Anyone knows this?

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

ZeroConnection posted:

I can't remember the song or band name , it is a song by a british band i think , that has released a lot of albums , their previous music was all electronic/trance but their latest album features them singing.
This album is released between 2005 to 2008 , not older than 2002 and not newer than 2008 , I'm not too sure.

The album cover has might have someones face on it ,and you can see a red television glow on it.

The song itself is a single from that album , the music video has the band singing in a house , the house would catch fire at the end of the video , i think.
the lyrics goes like " woooooooooooo?? wooh oohh woooh oooh woooo

Anyone knows this?

That's gotta be Song 2 by Blur: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlAHZURxRjY&ob=av2e

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
Edit: I shouldn't have posted this.

LoadedDice34
Jun 14, 2010
Can anyone Identify the track that drops at 7:47 in this video of Pendulum's Earstorm DJ Set?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8PTEr8LGg&feature=related

LoadedDice34 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

LoadedDice34 posted:

Can anyone Identify the track that drops at 17:47 in this video of Pendulum's Earstorm DJ Set?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8PTEr8LGg&feature=related

The video you linked is only 10 minutes long.