Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Also ahahahaha, tumblr proved itself to be a festering turdhole. Who woulda knew?

Huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

WarpedNaba posted:

Gotta wonder how many times he had to deal with that

Also ahahahaha, tumblr proved itself to be a festering turdhole. Who woulda knew?

I wonder if that's why NK is having talks in advance now, because the Dream Sword is so much of a factor that he seems insincere.

oh god Almond doesn't even remember she's the one who hosed things up with Noisemaster

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel really bad for nk guys

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Glazius posted:

oh god Almond doesn't even remember she's the one who hosed things up with Noisemaster
She's a munchkin is what she is.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

I thought the first team was Walnut and Gherkin, did that name just get ret-conned.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Welcome, from November.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

zolthorg posted:

I thought the first team was Walnut and Gherkin, did that name just get ret-conned.

Pretty sure it's not meant to be the first team, just one of many.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Urg. It irritates me every time Almond re-rails this plot. Makes me dislike the character's actions, even though I really like Almond.

I am just impatient to get to the real reason behind these cycles I guess.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Your botany lesson for today.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
And now the next time Cucumber gets the chance to talk to NK, it'll just be Glitchmaster or whoever in disguise again.

ConanThe3rd posted:

She's a munchkin is what she is.

You'll have to excuse her behavior; Wisdom is her dump stat.

zolthorg posted:

Peanut and Gherkin, I think? I would imagine NK might have been sincere about being evil the very first time around, so we're not seeing the first hero there.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Yeah, Peanut was her name. This is Walnut. Take note, Cucumber Quest lore keepers.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Good for Gherkin. What sort of sorry hero actually picks the "join the villain" option right before the final battle, especially for a villain that actually caused lots of death and destruction.

I'm glad Almond is here to keep things honest.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Hypocrisy posted:

Good for Gherkin. What sort of sorry hero actually picks the "join the villain" option right before the final battle, especially for a villain that actually caused lots of death and destruction.

How quaint. You still think Nightmare Knight is the villain here.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm glad Almond is here to keep things honest.
Who needs a bad DM when your Cavalier does the railroading for you?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

J.A.B.C. posted:

How quaint. You still think Nightmare Knight is the villain here.

No one cares about the Flower Kingdom!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

No one cares about the Flower Kingdom!

I think he meant the Dream Oracle :v:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I really hope Cucumber tells Almond to shut up and hear NK out for a minute, but obviously that isn't going to happen yet.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Of course not, we're only on world 3 of what, 7? 8?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Of course not, we're only on world 3 of what, 7? 8?

Well yeah, but I would be surprised if we went through all eight bosses without being somewhat aware of what's actually going on.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Maybe they'll find a magic flute so they can jump straight to the boss rush.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I really hope Cucumber tells Almond to shut up and hear NK out for a minute, but obviously that isn't going to happen yet.

At the very least I want her to know she done hosed up and to be fair karma's been pretty good at kicking the poo poo out of those who deserve it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I really am looking forward to the breaking of the team. I think I might be a horrible person.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kikas posted:

I think he meant the Dream Oracle :v:

Like I said, no one cares about the Flower Kingdom since the Nightmare Knight was a very real destructive force against them last time he was revived.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

WarpedNaba posted:

I really am looking forward to the breaking of the team. I think I might be a horrible person.

There will be no breaking of the team. Cucumber will have to be more discrete in his Nightmare Knight dealings, but Almond is pretty easily distracted. Carrot is a buffoon, but is good and harmless and will do as he is told. Nautilus might also be strictly anti-Nightmare, but she can be swayed with some kind words.

Cucumber needs to be smart about this, which he is. It might take 5 more worlds, but our precious little Nightmare Squire will take his rightful place at his master and friends side and they will destroy the Dream Oracle and bring about true peace to the world of Dreamside before phasing off into the endless darkness to learn true power.

It took me 1 minute to re-find "Dreamside" and 5 more minutes to stop re-reading the whole comic from the beginning.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I just want Almond to stop being a rampant jackass for more than five minutes.

If NK has to be sealed again, fine. I just want Almond to rub two brain cells together before she does something.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cucumber will seal Almond away and adopt NK as his new little sister.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cat Mattress posted:

And then he gets a childhood! :woop:

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

And Cuco will still be Cabbage's second favorite child.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

fritz posted:

"But Dad, he almost destroyed Dreamside thousands of years ago!"

"Yes, but he's also a knight! Are you a knight, Cucumber?"

"...No."

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

I just want Almond to stop being a rampant jackass for more than five minutes.

If NK has to be sealed again, fine. I just want Almond to rub two brain cells together before she does something.

Almond's basically setting herself up as the real villain of this story, though she's too dense to realize it. Her uppance will come.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That or she'll get clowned in a way that can't be cleaned up by whatever stopped the music place from being nuked.

fritz posted:

Meh, gently caress 'm.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 11, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

So if Cucu goes to NK's side, does Peridot switch sides to get her mack on to make it even?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Almond would get anything for her jackassery because...?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Almond isn't any more at fault than anyone else in the series though. The whole reason this mess keeps happening is because everyone involved plays their role to a tee; Almond just happens to be getting in the way of the one person who's finally starting to see through it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Almond is being manipulated along with everyone else, like when she gave the stones to Peridot. It was utterly, barn-stormingly thick, but everyone just threw their hands up and went "well, on with the adventure then!" Maybe it's like in Discworld, where stories happen because of a literal narrative force (called narrativium) acting on the world like gravity:

Narrativium posted:

Dragons breathe fire not because they have asbestos lungs, but because that is what dragons do. Heroes only win when outnumbered, and things which have a one-in-a-million chance of succeeding often do so. The application of this phenomenon appears to be governed by some loosely formulated laws.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 11, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-569/

So much for diplomacy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Almond why must you constantly poke the bear

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Kikas posted:

So much for diplomacy.

Team, engage Unlimited Form!

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Blackheart posted:

Team, engage Unlimited Form!

Wonder-Eyes, Legendary Hero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Feel the sting of my Dream Sword! Except you won't be able to feel it. Because you'll be dead.

From the sword.

Edit: Holy poo poo, Almond is literally Wonder Blue in this scene.