Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't know, some of those character designs looked cool to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Some of the designs are cool, but again. Would you be able to take any of them home to meet the parents....

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Compendium posted:

Some of the designs are cool, but again. Would you be able to take any of them home to meet the parents....

Maybe, if you were a elementary school conselour and they got expelled or something.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dias posted:

Maybe, if you were a elementary school conselour and they got expelled or something.

I would image that taking students to meet your parents is a bit frowned upon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Compendium posted:

You could take them to meet your parole officer!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

I would image that taking students to meet your parents is a bit frowned upon.

He didn't specify the parents there.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don't know, some of those character designs looked cool to me.

The girl with the red knives was pretty cool, and the nuns weren't half bad.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I made the mistake of reading the Fisticuffs comments on YouTube. :smith:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I loved the MAGFest videos. Would love to go there someday. I'm not the hugest Zelda fan but that Hyrule Warriors scarf = WANT.

TREAT YO SELF!

Edit: National Harbor, Maryland is a 4-hour drive from where I am. Definitely going to make this a goal next year.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 7, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Magfest was a fun time and Matt and Woolie's first panel was a good time. I also played dudes in Third Strike for like four hours straight and I got my rear end kicked with my Alex against some dude's Chun, but it was fun.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Beef Waifu posted:

Magfest was a fun time and Matt and Woolie's first panel was a good time. I also played dudes in Third Strike for like four hours straight and I got my rear end kicked with my Alex against some dude's Chun, but it was fun.

Remember if you landed the DDT or the Hyper Bomb it's a moral victory and you can just drop the controller and walk away.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I perfected the dude's Chun after like 40 matches, so I considered that good enough. It helps I had not played Third Strike in like a year.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Yeah, that works. Double so if he does his "AT EASE, LOOSAH!" end taunt.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
MAGFest is the best.

Trying to fly in 2Snacks and some other fans for next year!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

MAGFest is the best.

Trying to fly in 2Snacks and some other fans for next year!

Buy me a ticket + flight + hotel room, so I can spend the entire convention sleeping in the hotel

TIA

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
drat we can't talk poo poo about matt anymore cus he can actually read our posts now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Matt sucks

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Beef Waifu posted:

Matt sucks

At least he doesn't brush his teeth like Pat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I bet Matt doesn't brush his teeth.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Beef Waifu posted:

I bet Matt doesn't brush his teeth.

Does Matt even HAVE teeth?!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Fifteen parts in, Pat and Liam still have no idea whether or not they're doing timed hits properly.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

Fifteen parts in, Pat and Liam still have no idea whether or not they're doing timed hits properly.

I think it's the damage variance and the occasional critical hit getting them. That and Geno's animation not changing drastically.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

I think it's the damage variance and the occasional critical hit getting them. That and Geno's animation not changing drastically.

the damage variance is because they keep forgetting Geno Boost wears off

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

Eh, the Johnny solo fight had 40dmg hits followed by 25dmg ones and back up to 60dmg.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
You guys all suck

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

You guys all suck

we are something awful alright

(not sorry)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

There's a very, very distinct audio cue that plays on every successful timed attack but since they have to talk over everything I'll give them a pass on it. I'm enjoying the run a lot more now that they know how to run, that poo poo was ROUGH before that :gonk:

Also, I avoided SH2 from the first episode cause Pat just went on and on very broadly about themes and I thought it was going to ruin it by just stating THIS IS A THEME, THIS IS SYMBOLISM every turn. But I jumped back in and I've been enjoying the poo poo out of it beginning with the like second update since he started pointing out very specific meanings on just about every thing in the game - he knows his poo poo and I'm really enjoying his commentary, it almost feels like a director's commentary.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I like that despite that, they can still end up laughing about something really stupid a moment after Pat points out some serious or deep meaning in the game.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, I'd love to see Pat do a ResearchIndicates-style Let's Play of Silent Hill 2 where he just goes totally into the symbolism and themes and junk, but as it stands I'm super glad Matt is on-hand to make fartgas and boner jokes when the game gets too heavy because goddamn does Silent Hill 2 go to some dark places.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Blockhouse posted:

Dias posted:

Eh, the Johnny solo fight had 40dmg hits followed by 25dmg ones and back up to 60dmg.

The hammer they got from Booster's Tower actually has a really wide damage range so it'll randomly do 2x as much as Bowser's attack but then the next turn it'll do like half that.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

After the last episode of SH2, I went and found some footage of the Toluca Lake crossing in the HD Collection.

Boiling lake of mercury is 100% accurate; Jesus Christ. :psyduck:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Genetic Toaster posted:

Yeah, I'd love to see Pat do a ResearchIndicates-style Let's Play of Silent Hill 2 where he just goes totally into the symbolism and themes and junk, but as it stands I'm super glad Matt is on-hand to make fartgas and boner jokes when the game gets too heavy because goddamn does Silent Hill 2 go to some dark places.

Yea I'm finding it to be a perfect blend. Pat's there to, when needed, say 'ok see how this is a symbol for that and that's a legit neat bit of psycho stuff from this game and should be respected' and then Matt's there to go 'haha run away from the fartgas' to keep things from getting too heavy and make us laugh. I love Silent Hill, but it for sure needs a dude going 'haha, lookit that dumb poo poo' when it's being LP'd because otherwise poo poo's gonna get rough.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
If people are hungry for more Silent Hill 2 stuff, SA's very own Voidburger just started a dual lp of it. One is a spoiler-free subtitle run and the other is her and her buddy Bob, who also did a great Homecoming Let's Play, talking about all the symbolism and theories.
The no spoiler thread is here and the spoilerfest thread is here

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

You guys all suck

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie being a bionerd is a weird revelation.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

You guys all suck

This is the correct way to consider SA threads about you

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Improbable Lobster posted:

Buy me a ticket + flight + hotel room, so I can spend the entire convention sleeping in the hotel

TIA

No, buy me one and I promise you for the whole time there I will pretend that you guys never existed then go to your panel and ask politely "So which one of you guys is JonTron"?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TheRealestMatt posted:

You guys all suck

Lets see a picture of these glasses already you nerdlinger. I need to know how much of a wedgie to give you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TriffTshngo posted:

The hammer they got from Booster's Tower actually has a really wide damage range so it'll randomly do 2x as much as Bowser's attack but then the next turn it'll do like half that.

Huh, that explains quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Commissar Ken posted:

Lets see a picture of these glasses already you nerdlinger. I need to know how much of a wedgie to give you.