Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Probably a repeat, since it's happened a lot, but Jesus Christ can I please find a working BR player software that consistently, and without foul-up, actually work?

One has this habit of forgetting that menus exist (yes, the first thing that pops up should be a behind-the-scenes feature!), another one generally fails to load a movie until I restart, which I'm doing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

MisterBibs posted:

Probably a repeat, since it's happened a lot, but Jesus Christ can I please find a working BR player software that consistently, and without foul-up, actually work?

One has this habit of forgetting that menus exist (yes, the first thing that pops up should be a behind-the-scenes feature!), another one generally fails to load a movie until I restart, which I'm doing now.

Interac e-transfer has been down for a few hours in Canada and people are loving losing their poo poo on social media because rent is due and it's a hugely holiday this weekend and a bunch of people are now temporarily broke.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Not sure what online money transfer software has to do with blu-ray but ok.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
One of my coworkers invited me to her bachelorette party, which was originally going to be for a weekend in Vegas, this September. I got the time off from work, but then she started changing every single detail. Like she wanted to go to San Diego instead, then she wanted to go the weekend after the original date because it turns out she can't get the entire weekend off.. Now I guess the plan is go go up to San Francisco for two separate evenings and I just can't muster the energy to care that much about it. I live in San Jose, I can go up to the city anytime I want. It's like maybe 40 minutes away by car, 60 when there's traffic. :geno:

My back and my feet and everything else really hurt right now because I've been doing a lot of running around at work and as a goon I am unaccustomed to physical labor.

Some guy down the street has been playing the same two surf rock songs on his lovely electric guitar all night, and all last night. I have no goddamn idea why, or how his amp hasn't run out of power yet, or how nobody has beaten his rear end and taken his stuff because let's be real this isn't really the nicest part of town, but it's been driving me mad because I can hear it from inside my goddamn apartment and it's midnight and uuuggh.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I don't think there's a way to prevent a song from showing up in my spotify discovery playlist again. I've had a few songs I'm really not interested in pop up there multiple times and it's really irritating. I didn't like it the first time!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The local PD detectives are really good at investigating things, pack of Columbos i swear.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 13:52 on Jul 1, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

The local PD detectives are really good at investigating things, pack of Columbos i swear.

What did you do

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I'm a light sleeper and tried to take a nap during a 5-hour car ride, but the pillow I had brought was too fluffy and kept springing my head back into the air when the car shook. I tried different positions and even folding it halfway over my head, but I was never able to fall asleep. :(

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Bees on Wheat posted:

Some guy down the street has been playing the same two surf rock songs on his lovely electric guitar all night, and all last night. I have no goddamn idea why, or how his amp hasn't run out of power yet, or how nobody has beaten his rear end and taken his stuff because let's be real this isn't really the nicest part of town, but it's been driving me mad because I can hear it from inside my goddamn apartment and it's midnight and uuuggh.

He's practicing. The best way to learn a song is to play it over and over again. However, he should get some headphones or something. It's easier to discriminate notes and sounds and poo poo like that without it blaring across the neighbourhood.

Unrelated, I got a new laptop a few months ago. It's great, I've never owned anything with a hard disk drive before. It boots up in about 3 seconds, and runs as silently as an owl. And thanks to a gift card I received at Christmas last year, I paid only 40 bucks for it.
My problem with it is that the touchpad is too big. When I'm watching a video of a guy wearing an exact replica of the bear suit from The Shining plow a lady who has just one tooth, I'm going to grab anything near me for support as I ejaculate, including my laptop.
When that happens, I find the heel of my palm tapping the touchpad, pausing, minimizing, and sometimes even closing the video. Without visual stimulation, I finish to nothing but the vague sense of dread which accompanies me everywhere I go.
There is no reason for the touchpad to take up half of the keyboard space in 2017 is all I'm trying to say.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

yo rear end is grass posted:

He's practicing. The best way to learn a song is to play it over and over again. However, he should get some headphones or something. It's easier to discriminate notes and sounds and poo poo like that without it blaring across the neighbourhood.

Unrelated, I got a new laptop a few months ago. It's great, I've never owned anything with a hard disk drive before. It boots up in about 3 seconds, and runs as silently as an owl. And thanks to a gift card I received at Christmas last year, I paid only 40 bucks for it.
My problem with it is that the touchpad is too big. When I'm watching a video of a guy wearing an exact replica of the bear suit from The Shining plow a lady who has just one tooth, I'm going to grab anything near me for support as I ejaculate, including my laptop.
When that happens, I find the heel of my palm tapping the touchpad, pausing, minimizing, and sometimes even closing the video. Without visual stimulation, I finish to nothing but the vague sense of dread which accompanies me everywhere I go.
There is no reason for the touchpad to take up half of the keyboard space in 2017 is all I'm trying to say.

If you use a mouse with it you could probably just disable or reduce the pad sensitivity, that way when you hammer it home pre, mid and post coitus it won't interrupt your content. Cordless mice are on the cheap for some good quality units.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Steam keeps asking my age and I accidentally entered an age under 17 so now I can't buy any M rated games until I get back to my home computer

I gave you my birthday like a month ago why do you talk about not saving my birthday as if it is a privacy concern of mine I always put down VE day instead of my actual birthday anyways I just want to give you money gat dang

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My neighbour lent me his Long-Handled trimmers so that I could cut a bush back that was getting out of hand. It looks a lot better now, but my hands have been killing me ever since. Yardwork sucks... Also his three tiny dogs are very territorial so whenever I go into my back yard he has to bundle them inside which always makes me feel awkward.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Feonir posted:

If you use a mouse with it you could probably just disable or reduce the pad sensitivity, that way when you hammer it home pre, mid and post coitus it won't interrupt your content. Cordless mice are on the cheap for some good quality units.

I do use a wireless mouse! It was given to me as a gift when I moved out of my parents' house, but I rarely use it because it tends to fall off the arm of the chair I sit in while I give myself blisters. You can see it in the photo below:

EDIT:
And concerning my original point, here's the keyboard/touchpad:

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 18:36 on Jul 2, 2017

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Thanks for not showing the screen.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My ipod shuffle is stuck on shuffle.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What's with people eating omelettes or scrambled eggs with a fork and knife. The gently caress is the knife for.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Some people are weak-wristed babbies taught proper etiquette, you uncultured swine :agesilaus:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

What's with people eating omelettes or scrambled eggs with a fork and knife. The gently caress is the knife for.

You balance the omelette on the knife, unhinge your jaw, and swallow it whole.

I mean duh.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I just had a breakthrough with the game I'm designing and I am stoked but it means I effectively have to dump around 25% of my work into the trash.
It's going to be way better over all but jeez.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Take heart in the knowledge that you've already proven to be better at your game design than Digital Extremes, the devs for Warframe, who are incredibly reluctant to dump anything that has been added, for any reason.
Yes, we'd like to keep getting updates for Conclave, a game mode that 1% of 1% of the entire loving playerbase even bothers with :shepface:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Warframe is a game that I love to think about, love to play for a couple hours every 6 months and then get really mad at the dev team.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mu Zeta posted:

Cutting the food and manipulating it onto the fork. How is this a mystery to you?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Cutting the food and manipulating it onto the fork. How is this a mystery to you?

:psyduck:

loving Poe's Law in action again

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Thing is, eggs are a soft enough food that you can just cut them with the fuckin fork without needing the knife. That's the source of the confusion.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Thing is, eggs are a soft enough food that you can just cut them with the fuckin fork without needing the knife. That's the source of the confusion.

what if you want to push a pile of omelette crumbs onto your fork?

e: I know, two forks!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

As someone who's used a knife and fork for my entire life I find it considerably easier to use both, even if it would be possible to use the fork as a makeshift knife like some kind of barbarian. Like, you can use a pen by holding it in your fist like a toddler, but you'll find it much easier to hold it the way they taught you in school.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I just spear the omelet on my fork like a fish and then eat it like a candy apple made of eggs and bacon.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

starkebn posted:

what if you want to push a pile of omelette crumbs onto your fork?

e: I know, two forks!
What in the holy hell do you think toast is for?????

No wait, don't answer that.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Why the gently caress does my bank close at 4 PM every weekday? :argh:

This means I'll have to get a couple hours off from work tomorrow just to get my banking done :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If you are in the US you might wanna check the date...

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If you are in the US you might wanna check the date...

I'm in Europe, and it's every weekday, not just today. Except for Saturday, when it closes at 12.00 noon, and Sunday, when it's closed the whole day.

I though banking was supposed to be a service, but I loving have to get time off from work to go visit them and give them my money? They can go right to hell, thank you very much.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

drat that blows my bank is usually open til like 6-7, even has some hours open on Sunday

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
There was no new episode of Twin Peaks last night.

My cat hunt a bug all night long and I didn't get any sleep because of random noise she would make. But she was so happy!

My team got moved to another part of the building. It's fine, I like it. But I took a lot of my stuff home and forgot it, including my cat ear headphones so now I'm stuck with really crappy earphones that pop out of my ears. I hate them.

I also wanted something from the vending machine because gently caress going all the way to the other building to the cafeteria that is always full, and they were being re stocked so no junk for me.

Then I tried to go to the bathroom but they were being cleaned so I had to go to the other side of the floor and got into the stall I don't like. Life is hard!

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh yeah I had to house/dogsit for my parents last night and holy gently caress

One of the dogs is half-deaf and so can't hear herself snore like a damned chainsaw

She also can't hear me groggily yelling at her, so if I wanted her to stop I had to get out of bed, cross the room and nudge her until she rolled over.

I got like an hour of sleep last night :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Every day that I wake up feeling refreshed and positive (which is rare) I always have a horrible day at work.

Let's roll those bones, baby!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a chronic cough that gets bad mainly when I lie down to go to sleep

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I have a chronic cough that gets bad mainly when I lie down to go to sleep

I don't think "I'm dying" is a uniquely first world problem.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I have chronic cough too :( Only after I eat though, thankfully, just kinda annoying. Anytime I try to see a doctor about it they just give me a round of antibiotics so I kinda gave up on it.

I am getting tired of my friends telling me they wish they had my job because it looks easy. It isnt, I just dont gripe about it constantly like some of them do. I worked some incredibly lovely jobs to get this one too which just irritates me a bit in a way I cant really find relief from. I have told them to apply, we have another position open and I'll refer them, but then they never do. I guess my incredbly fwp is making new friends at 27 is kinda hard for me and I dont have anywhere else to vent about it but dying comedy forums :wooper:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting that FWP too but I am 28 and just had a major depressive episode that affected my existing friendships, my work relationships and performance. But that is an actual problem I'm solving!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

yo rear end is grass posted:

Ahahaha what. No, this isn't some dumb kid trying to practice, this is a crusty, filth-covered homeless guy playing his guitar on the sidewalk outside Starbucks for tips. Sure as gently caress he doesn't care about whether it sounds good or whether he's improving at all when people keep throwing change at him.

He did eventually stop around 3am because apparently one of my neighbors did threaten to kick his rear end. I guess something about hearing that one riff from Misirlou on repeat and in the wrong key for over an hour makes people kind of twitchy.