Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

I haven't had a smoker since my hand-me-down electric one gave up the ghost a few years ago. I'm thinking I'm going to build one with next month's paycheck.

Alton Brown has a great video on this.

edit: here is a video by a guy who said it was way harder than it looked on Good Eats and did a bunch of trial an error. I haven't built one, so I can't vouch for it.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAydLWYGoJA

Snak fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Is there a line that has aged more poorly than this exchange from Return of the Living Dead?

"These things don't leak, do they?"
"Leak? Hell, no! These things were made by the US Army Corps of Engineers!"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Obligatory Rambo III dedication.

but that's not a line, so...

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Snak posted:

Obligatory Rambo III dedication.

but that's not a line, so...

That was certainly the first thing I thought of.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Holy poo poo Kelly Anne Conway just made up a completely fictitious massacre/terrorist act and blamed it on two Iraqi Refugees.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Criminal Minded posted:

Is there a line that has aged more poorly than this exchange from Return of the Living Dead?

When the guy in Wizard of Oz says "Nobody gets to see the Wizard!" and then like 15 minutes later they go see the wizard smdh

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Budgie Jumping posted:

When the guy in Wizard of Oz says "Nobody gets to see the Wizard!" and then like 15 minutes later they go see the wizard smdh

[whispering to date while watching The Wizard of Oz when the Wizard first appears on the screen] that's the Wizard

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Criminal Minded posted:

Uh. It's the same joke now it was then...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Death By The Blues posted:

Holy poo poo Kelly Anne Conway just made up a completely fictitious massacre/terrorist act and blamed it on two Iraqi Refugees.

Sure, why not? People will just blame the FAKE NEWS for not reporting it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Please do not make light of the Bowling Green Massacre, I died in it and became a ghost.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

DeimosRising posted:

Uh. It's the same joke now it was then...

I mean, I'm gonna say Katrina made said joke play a tad differently.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

weekly font posted:

Please do not make light of the Bowling Green Massacre, I died in it and became a ghost.

The weekly fontergeist D:

So if they do come for brown people, whose attic am I hiding it and what do you have to offer?

Bonus if you have a dog and a love of bourbon.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

At this point Americas policies are being shadow run by a member of a Christian doomsday cult.

So, uh anything is possible.

I am so mad at the many people throughout my life that have told me not to worry about the theocratic nutjobs, because they'll never have real power. I wasn't being paranoid, and they were being idiots. :colbert:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Spatula City posted:

I am so mad at the many people throughout my life that have told me not to worry about the theocratic nutjobs, because they'll never have real power. I wasn't being paranoid, and they were being idiots. :colbert:

This. And also all the people that didn't believe the government was spying on us.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
About to watch Dark Archie Episode 2.

Edit: Not gonna live post this or spoil anything, but the first 2 minutes has Archie running shirtless in the middle of the night to Ms. Grundy's place.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Feb 3, 2017

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
D'archie, if you will

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Skwirl posted:

About to watch Dark Archie Episode 2.

It introduces a potential expanded universe and I lolled for like five minutes

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Snak posted:

This. And also all the people that didn't believe the government was spying on us.

Does this mean there are GPS tracking devices in my dental fillings?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

weekly font posted:

It introduces a potential expanded universe and I lolled for like five minutes

Archie vs Punisher is a real comic that exists and Netflix is developing a Punisher TV show and seems to have a working relationship CW. Obviosly that won't happen, but a man can dream.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So if they do come for brown people, whose attic am I hiding it and what do you have to offer?

Bonus if you have a dog and a love of bourbon.

Yes to the former. Nay to the latter. But it's Wisconsin so we make up for it with all the cheese.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Coffee And Pie posted:

D'archie, if you will

Noirchie.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So ladyeye and I went to see Split tonight

When McAvoy showed up for he first time I literally leaned over to her and whispered "that's Split"

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Hey everyone remove your name and your family's names from this website

http://www.familytreenow.com/optout/

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

So ladyeye and I went to see Split tonight

When McAvoy showed up for he first time I literally leaned over to her and whispered "that's Split"

Indeed, for he is bananas.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Hey everyone remove your name and your family's names from this website

http://www.familytreenow.com/optout/

Why?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Because anyone can search any name and find your address and every address you've ever had.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GonSmithe posted:

Because anyone can search any name and find your address and every address you've ever had.

counterpoint the only address they have for me is my grandparent's house where i stayed for a year, seven years ago

im still gonna opt out but its funny that thats all they have

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oh haha whoops they actually have my current address and the names of my dad's family

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I'm torn here because this girl isn't a prominent white supremacist. She's being fairly reasonable and even acknowledged the anti-Trump people's right to be there. The only thing she appears to be guilty of is being a derpy white person.

Criminal Minded posted:

Uhhh, I think you missed the joke.

Spatula City posted:

Every time someone starts going on about impeaching Trump I want to scream at the top of my lungs, "Then Mike Pence will be president" which is far, far worse and no one seems to acknowledge this or how dangerous he is in general. He's exactly the kind of lunatic extremist that the Trump administration claims they want to protect us from.

Skwirl posted:

Archie vs Punisher is a real comic that exists and Netflix is developing a Punisher TV show and seems to have a working relationship CW. Obviosly that won't happen, but a man can dream.

I'm hoping we either get Afterlife With Archie or Archie vs Predator.

GonSmithe posted:

That stuff is all publicly available information and there are a number of other websites that will provide it (and even more if you pay money).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I'm torn here because this girl isn't a prominent white supremacist. She's being fairly reasonable and even acknowledged the anti-Trump people's right to be there. The only thing she appears to be guilty of is being a derpy white person.

It's not something I'd get a tattoo of but it's not even the most dickish thing that happened during that protest.

https://twitter.com/michael_bodley/status/827009555859066882

Good job trying to ram your car through those people, dude.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Watched Pumping Iron. Arnold was a monster, and I don't mean physically. He would have eaten Trump alive. Maybe he still gets his chance.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

It's not something I'd get a tattoo of but it's not even the most dickish thing that happened during that protest.

https://twitter.com/michael_bodley/status/827009555859066882

Good job trying to ram your car through those people, dude.

This isn't as cut and dry as "Guy punches nazi". All I see is "people gently caress with passerby and he tries to remove himself from the situation".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CPL593H posted:

This isn't as cut and dry as "Guy punches nazi". All I see is "people gently caress with passerby and he tries to remove himself from the situation".

The guy could've just gone around, he deliberately tried to get through the protests blocking the way because he's a dick, then when they started banging on his car he decided to risk people's lives.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

GonSmithe posted:

Alright who's gonna bite the bullet and read Max Landis' Power Rangers script?

How many unproduced scripts floating around are even worth reading? Maybe I just don't know where to look, but the insane Richard Kelly Holes one is the only one I can think of.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

The guy could've just gone around, he deliberately tried to get through the protests blocking the way because he's a dick, then when they started banging on his car he decided to risk people's lives.

See this much needed context completely changes how I see that clip.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
CPL you are sounding prettttttttty cucky. The left needs to re-appropriate that word.

So, we already had one Trumpette brandish a gun at people, how long will it take for a gun to go off.

Also, sure send me the Power Rangers script I'll read it. Hope its a musical.

Timby I appreciate the offer, but kind of scared of Wisconsin currently.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Power of Pecota posted:

How many unproduced scripts floating around are even worth reading? Maybe I just don't know where to look, but the insane Richard Kelly Holes one is the only one I can think of.

Gladiator 2

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

So, we already had one Trumpette brandish a gun at people, how long will it take for a gun to go off.

Uh, that already happened.
http://patch.com/washington/seattle/man-who-shot-milo-yiannopoulos-protester-uw-student-report

Liberals were too busy hemming and hawing over if it was alright to punch Nazis or not to notice.

Anyone that voted for Trump knew what they were voting for, don't defend that scum.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also send me the Power Rangers script.

I'll probably be the one who likes it because I'll mind cast it real well.

Already I've cast Bruce Campbell as Zordan, and Michael Rooker as whatever villain isn't Rita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CPL you are sounding prettttttttty cucky. The left needs to re-appropriate that word.

Also, sure send me the Power Rangers script I'll read it. Hope its a musical.

Timby I appreciate the offer, but kind of scared of Wisconsin currently.

I think you might have missed what I was saying. Basically the clip just makes it look like the protesters are attacking some guy unprovoked and this makes it easier to demonize them. When I was given the greater context of what was going on I acknowledge that he got what he deserved and is the one in the wrong. This is the problem with all of our information being six second sound bites.

edit: Also the left should absolutely not re-appropriate that whole "cuck" thing because it's really loving stupid and the whole reason it's deemed an insult is basically some weird racist bullshit about black guys loving people's girlfriends.

• Locked thread