Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought earlier in the week there was some news about how the union won a/c for the trucks. Did that fall through somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I thought earlier in the week there was some news about how the union won a/c for the trucks. Did that fall through somehow?

The union negotiated to get a/c in all new trucks starting next year, but the only proposed fix for the existing fleet are a couple of fans.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Not mine, it’s not here yet. I was iffy on this guy but drat I’m glad I got it. I think a lot of people will regret passing on the Monkey.

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1670209516376293377?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Not mine, it’s not here yet. I was iffy on this guy but drat I’m glad I got it. I think a lot of people will regret passing on the Monkey.

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1670209516376293377?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Does this Goku come with haduken hands?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Found this on the side of the road today…

TECHNODROME

LETS KICK SHELL

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
That takes me back, I remember being psyched out of my mind when I got it for my birthday. Don’t have it anymore, but I wonder how much it’s worth now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Interesting

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1670646149345058817?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

HT has done an interesting thing for the Mandalorian this time.

Instead of a new season Bo Katan or Mando etc, they just announced an IG-12 with a whole bunch of accessories for assorted existing figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Assuming a full S3 Bo figure is coming because the head they used is all new with rooted hair.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Assuming a full S3 Bo figure is coming because the head they used is all new with rooted hair.

I didn't notice that.

That's probably even better. Upgrade parts if you bought her already, a new one if you skipped it (or missed but it's still in stock everywhere.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Say what now!?

as in which faction a nazi would play and could also claim it's entirely lore accurate I'm assuming.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Mafex dominance on my shelf continues

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My Spider-Gwen and Gwenpool have made me a Mafex convert. They may bankrupt me,* but doggone it won't my Mafex Silk** look great in the refridgerator box I live in.

*Joke, they're strictly a fun tax refund purchase.
**Make a Silk figure, Medicom.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Not taken pics yet but Storm arrived and she's majestic, love the lightning effects and how imperious she looks, especially with the rest of their X-bods.

They don't always knock it out the park (Thor seems to be getting a lot of grumbles) but when they do...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hot Toys posted an update that Miguel will now be a fabric costume and not the weird big Marvel Legend.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That last Magneto pose is great.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

I got a few extra in case people wanted them

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Der-Wreck posted:

TECHNODROME

LETS KICK SHELL

You have an awesome road side!!

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Der-Wreck posted:

TECHNODROME

LETS KICK SHELL

drat, that's a (s)hell of a score!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Der-Wreck posted:

TECHNODROME

LETS KICK SHELL

That is a fuckin' awesome find! I'm probably missing a boatload of parts, but I still have mine from my childhood in my parents basement. ...I should dig out my old toys sometime.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Aphrodite posted:

Hot Toys posted an update that Miguel will now be a fabric costume and not the weird big Marvel Legend.

:toot:

I preordered before anyway, but now I can put him on the same shelf with other figures without him looking like a total eyesore.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Does this Goku come with haduken hands?

You could probably pull of a good haduken with these

Finally got my hands on a Duplico. Since he appears to be holding the transformer Shockwave, when will we get an official crossover?

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 20, 2023

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Got a big pile of goodies come.

Shipwreck, Scrap Iron, Copperhead, Torpedo, Rock N Roll.

I don't know how it is for others, but when I get figures like these I can't help but think of the first time I saw the originals as a kid. Saw the cartoons, saw friends who had one, times I had played with them, memories wash over me.

Funny how age makes you appreciate such things isn't it?

Rumors are we might be seeing some play set pieces sooner or later like Check Point Alpha. I mentioned before they could fit in nicely for this version of GIjoe and if the rumors are right it's going to happen. Hopefully not a Haslab thing though. Then you too can relive the days of having Snake Eyes with a clipboard stopping vehicles, asking to see ID and chatting about the previous nights game.

Yes I'm making fun of the fact a commercial had Snake Eyes doing that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/hardingart/status/1671312618957545474?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That is so cool.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Beat me to it, but this page also has photos of Snow Serpent and Grunt with their full loadouts and packaging:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-g-i-joe-thread.247928/page-2816#post-21435502

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Edit: lol beaten by a mile

Speaking of Joes, some new leaks about POs coming tomorrow: Low Light and Grunt will be mainline releases and available everywhere.

But also deluxe exclusive (Pulse?) Snow Serpents, aka extreme snowboarding wolf soldiers

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I can’t believe that Serpent killed Timber

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

I can’t believe that Serpent killed Timber

Snake Eyes couldn't sign "Watch out" fast enough.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1671345863774412801?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Those crazy motherfuckers are gonna do it!

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1671246602999148546

Cat's Lair!

Brian Flynn has said before that "hypothetically" Cat's Lair would be a very scaled-down miniature on the outside (it would have to be, or be the size of an actual house) and then the inside would be a more scaled-up control room.

The Thundertank box barely fit through the fuckin' door so I can't even imagine. I don't know if I can handle it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Pah! Low Light doesn’t have a lone .50 cal round accessory to lose in a matter of seconds, worst figure ever, etc.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
“Ready for the mosh pit, shaka brah!”

Scrap Iron arrived too but he’s got a lot going on, will have a gander later.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

BIG SUCCESS! TMNT 3 pack and Kino, get!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Blackchamber posted:

BIG SUCCESS! TMNT 3 pack and Kino, get!

Oh where'd you get Kino? Debating picking him up but $100 for the figure and all the accessories is a bit much.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Oh where'd you get Kino? Debating picking him up but $100 for the figure and all the accessories is a bit much.

Neca store con exclusives page. Yeah pricey but kinda hold you hostage dont they?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I got Keno. I'm annoyed they're purposely not telling people if it'll be available later or not because I don't need all the other poo poo with it.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Tim Whatley posted:

I got Keno. I'm annoyed they're purposely not telling people if it'll be available later or not because I don't need all the other poo poo with it.

Sure, knowing 100% for sure would have changed my mind about needing to secure one now. Even if he does get a release I am kind of relieved I wont have to resort to a scalper or spend weeks haunting the collector's corners and Walmart section and that sort of has an additional value to me. I just don't have the toy hunter in me I used to.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

It's a good point. I'm quite over the hunt too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
What's annoying about The Hunt™ these days is how inconsistent distribution is. Some stores get product, others don't, some specialty stores get product before retail, some only get a single box. Then there's the whole confusion with Target and the Legends line, for example, where some stores get 10 of one figure from a wave and that's it. These days it's easier to pay a bit more to pre-order or secure a purchase online which admitted isn't as "fun" but it works.