Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

that sure is an interesting place to get whacked in the face Bakugo.

Lmao what a waste of a page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

cool kids inc. posted:

Lmao what a waste of a page

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
The last panel of this series is just going to be the entire cast posing with one arm and half a face.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I wish the last panel of this series was the last panel of this chapter! Dohohohohohohohohohohohoho

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nuebot posted:

The last panel of this series is just going to be the entire cast posing with one arm and half a face.

It's going to be an amalgamation of what remains of everyone being turned into the new number one hero

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Vinylshadow posted:

It's going to be an amalgamation of what remains of everyone being turned into the new number one hero

Finally, we know what the last quirk in OfA does and why it's a secret power Deku can't reveal until it's needed.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Nuebot posted:

Best Jeanist covers his lower face because he lost it in a freak cotton gun accident.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Flesnolk posted:

I wish the last panel of this series was the last panel of this chapter! Dohohohohohohohohohohohoho

Man you have gotten annoying about this series.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I did think the bit at the start with the management students was neat

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

THIS series?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbp posted:

it would be sincerely fuckin sick if bakugo managed to win somehow lol i am actualyl really pulling for him here

I think it'd be really funny if both fights were resolved while deku was still in transit. imagine if he gets there and the heroes have already won

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

if you think HE'S bad, try reading the series! dohohohoho!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

"This is the story of how I became the #1 hero - by being the only one left who wasn't horrifically maimed after my friends beat my greatest enemies for me."

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think it'd be really funny if both fights were resolved while deku was still in transit. imagine if he gets there and the heroes have already won

This is what should have happened in Naruto as well, but sadly it won't here either.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bakugou just went full Vegeta. Talked a big game last chapter, hit him with the Final Flash, boss no sells it and kicks his rear end. Only thing left is for him to give a "you're number one" speech when Deku arrives.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Is that bit about "there's still so much distance between us" a reference to Endeavour thinking that about All Might in one of his flashbacks? I can't look it up at the moment but it sounded oddly familiar

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So what's the most ridiculous plot twist that could occur at this point in MHA?

My worry is something along the lines of "AFO is Deku's dad and Decay was actually Deku's Quirk that AFO harvested from him as a baby to give to Shigaraki as part of his revenge plan" coming to pass. Or even just parts of that.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

My worry is something along the lines of "AFO is Deku's dad and Decay was actually Deku's Quirk that AFO harvested from him as a baby to give to Shigaraki as part of his revenge plan" coming to pass. Or even just parts of that.

AFO being Deku's dad isn't even ridiculous anymore imo. The real long-shot is Monoma (cuz their quirks are vaguely similar).

My vote is "Bakugo is descended from the second OfA user". It's totally unnecessary and a huge contrivance. Luckily I think the original time-travel theory is out of the way now. My back-up is 'Dabi does something successfully that actually has the intended effect.'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Full Cowl can also be applied onto other people and quirks so they just charge up Eri and reverse AFO till he's weak enough to actually acquire injuries and damage from lava blasted and repeatedly carpet bombed by angry explosion teens.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

RareAcumen posted:

Full Cowl can also be applied onto other people and quirks so they just charge up Eri and reverse AFO till he's weak enough to actually acquire injuries and damage from lava blasted and repeatedly carpet bombed by angry explosion teens.
The final panel is Deku raising up Baby AFO while crackling with energy and beginning to spike that baby into the pavement. Freeze frame, roll credits to "Shake, Rattle and Roll".

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I still love shonen but I'm too old to enjoy world ending stakes and endless powerups anymore please help

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Shift over to sports manga shonen where the stakes are "did we Football good"

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

YggiDee posted:

Shift over to sports manga shonen where the stakes are "did we Football good"

unironically sport shonens do a fantastically better job from my experience in scaling things. we met the strongest guy in hajime no ippo in chapter 1, we met the best player in haikyuu at the start of season 2, etc.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Saki is the best battle shounen.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
AFO being Deku's dad is still on the table since Horikoshi flat out said we're going to see him before the series ends and we're at the final battle. So unless he comes home or we get a "Wow, you saved the world. Uh, good job son, I'm still buying those cigarettes", it's definitely still there. I'd also hate it!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
It would be extremely funny, I think

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk about ridiculous but I bet shigi's gonna have the same fate as madara or that thor quincy from bleach where there's basically no way the heroes win with him on the table so afo just beats him up

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

When we cut to Deku's mom crying at his victory, it'll then pan over to his dad sitting right next to her, also crying.
He has always been home with her, just off-screen where the audience couldn't see or hear him.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gruckles posted:

When we cut to Deku's mom crying at his victory, it'll then pan over to his dad sitting right next to her, also crying.
He has always been home with her, just off-screen where the audience couldn't see or hear him.

Like Kim during Breaking Bad!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Gruckles posted:

His motives were truly complex.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Deku doesn't have a dad. He's made of Quirk power, imitating a human and all their delicious delicious breakable bones.

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Don't you manifest Midichlorians into this manga

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

GruntMountain posted:

The quirk ghosts are literally the Whills already.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GruntMountain posted:

Look, I know they made it big instead of small but you literally need a specific bone in your toe to be able to have superpowers here.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
No you need to lack it, the lore is that toe bone is vestigial and doesn't show up if you have a quirk

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

AFO's gonna be like "BWAHAHAHA WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG I HAD THE DOCTOR SWAP YOURS AND SHIGARAKI'S TOES TO BRING ABOUT THE FUTURE I DESIRED"

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
AFO is like a hundred years old or more at this point, if he passed out sperm the way he did quirks loving half of UA could be his

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The quirk ghosts are literally the Whills already.

The quirk ghosts are a microscopic single-celled life-forms who are essentially God?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
More like hero lackademia

TheKingofSprings posted:

AFO is like a hundred years old or more at this point, if he passed out sperm the way he did quirks loving half of UA could be his

His entire plan was for this moment when he'd get the rewind quirk, rewind in time so he could become everyone's dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

AFO being Deku's dad is still on the table since Horikoshi flat out said we're going to see him before the series ends and we're at the final battle. So unless he comes home or we get a "Wow, you saved the world. Uh, good job son, I'm still buying those cigarettes", it's definitely still there. I'd also hate it!

AFO flashes a quick smile to Midoriya before pulling out cigs AND milk.

"I'm home"