Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Love them or hate them, ratings have got the whole forums posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I hate when people talk about box office numbers for movies as well. It’s just the most artless conversation.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Whether you LIKE EM or you DON'T LIKE EM, ratings are the best thing going TODAY! (In the 18-35 demo)

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Power Windows posted:

I wonder if they did anything with the Thunderdome screens, or if they just threw them all away

They left them up as the Ultimate work from home set up

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

You're really aggressive :(

I’m sorry posting pal but I just don’t think it’s that weird to want the show to keep happening without also caring at all about the ins and outs of the television industry, because ultimately unless you are a WBD exec with their finger on the button none of those metrics mean poo poo so why worry.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m sorry posting pal but I just don’t think it’s that weird to want the show to keep happening without also caring at all about the ins and outs of the television industry, because ultimately unless you are a WBD exec with their finger on the button none of those metrics mean poo poo so why worry.

Yeah but you also don't have to call people that do care about it dipshits.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW is at the point where if they ever left WBD they'd get picked up somewhere else so ratings chat matters even less. The sausage will be made for as long as Tony wants to deliver us bangers

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Yeah but you also don't have to call people that do care about it dipshits.

I said they’re for dipshits to squabble over, not that people who care about numbers are dipshits.

If people wanna post about numbers go nuts, but people who wanna get into arguments about what numbers mean and how they spell disaster at sacrifice are dipshits and I’ll stand by that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Nah it’s boring poo poo when the only things that really matter are

Is the show good Y/N
Are they gonna keep making it Y/N

Everything else is window dressing for dipshits to squabble over

This is it right here. Yes or no is all I care about

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I said they’re for dipshits to squabble over, not that people who care about numbers are dipshits.

If people wanna post about numbers go nuts, but people who wanna get into arguments about what numbers mean and how they spell disaster at sacrifice are dipshits and I’ll stand by that.

Numbers rule. I did misunderstand your first posts though too. Please forgive me it would really mean a lot.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Taking nerd bullshit (wrestling) and adding more nerd bullshit (numbers)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

The_Rob posted:

Taking nerd bullshit (wrestling) and adding more nerd bullshit

Tony?!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i only care about superkicks and cte busters

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

The sausage will be made for as long as Tony wants to deliver us bangers

a+

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

i only care about superkicks and cte busters

This is my kind of wrestling fan.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Squishy posted:

Love them or hate them, ratings have got the whole forums posting.

Ratings move the needle.

Wait.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

AEW is at the point where if they ever left WBD they'd get picked up somewhere else so ratings chat matters even less. The sausage will be made for as long as Tony wants to deliver us bangers

Outstanding

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Taking nerd bullshit (wrestling) and adding more nerd bullshit (numbers)

Waiting for advanced stats to come to wrestling like baseball and hockey

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If you showed one of these dipshits a balance sheet they’d probably have an aneurysm the second their pea sized brains tried to process the numbers

bartok
May 10, 2006

I used to think 30 Rock was funnier than Big Bang Theory until I found out that Big Bang Theory crushed 30 Rock in the ratings. Now I'm a diehard Bazinga Boy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I agree with the point above. But it requires more than surface level examination to get it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatoshiMiwa posted:

AEW had advanced stats but then Tony dropped the rankings :(

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So Netflix is coming out with an OVW documentary which isn't too remarkable, but this screen cap must be saved for posterity

https://twitter.com/WrestlingHumble/status/1693653086940823695

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

"you get outside of wwe and aew and this is the best wrestling happening in America." ROH? GCW? PWG?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Benne posted:

So Netflix is coming out with an OVW documentary which isn't too remarkable, but this screen cap must be saved for posterity

https://twitter.com/WrestlingHumble/status/1693653086940823695

quick cameo by the Mayor of Louisville

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

We don’t know Al Snow isn’t a leprechaun. It might be true

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, if Billy Gunn can be a legend Al Snow probably isn't that far off. A friend recently made me realize that "wrestling legend" basically means "old, still alive, and memorable."

enigmahfc posted:

quick cameo by the Mayor of Louisville
I believe he's a part owner of OVW now.

Obviously OVW isn't great wrestling or anything but its honestly a solid wrestling doc topic. Its been around for a long rear end time, is a staple of its city/region on TV for decades, has been a feeder promotion for WWE and TNA and seen some of the biggest names go through it. There's a story to tell. And that's without the basic story of it being a wrestling school filled with young hopefuls.

More and more wrestling docs and such probably speaks well to the analytics about wrestling engagement right now. Netflix wanted a piece.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Some guy named "Al"?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Al Snow and Billy Gunn were both over because of blowjob references

Makes you think

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Was Al over? Billy Gunn's overness seemed to be inversely proportional to how much of a singles wrestler he was. Put him in a tag team and yes, he's over as rover, but as soon as he's a singles lad, he's dead in the water and not even a programme with The Rock where he beat him up more often than not could elevate him.

That said, he's over as dicks now, so good on him and his boys.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

Was Al over? Billy Gunn's overness seemed to be inversely proportional to how much of a singles wrestler he was. Put him in a tag team and yes, he's over as rover, but as soon as he's a singles lad, he's dead in the water and not even a programme with The Rock where he beat him up more often than not could elevate him.

Al was over in ECW and then in wwe he always seemed like upper lower card/lower mid card to me.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shard posted:

Al was over in ECW and then in wwe he always seemed like upper lower card/lower mid card to me.

I guess I can barely remember what Al Snow did outside of his action figure being banned and The Rock being all like "Al? Who is Al?" that one time, despite the fact that they'd met on-screen the week before.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

edogawa rando posted:

Al Snow may or may not have been over, but Head was over.

Also, Al Snow is a "legend" in that he had a pretty long career without it managing to kill him, and I believe is pretty well regarded as a trainer and agent (although I really have no idea there).

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

edogawa rando posted:

I guess I can barely remember what Al Snow did outside of his action figure being banned and The Rock being all like "Al? Who is Al?" that one time, despite the fact that they'd met on-screen the week before.

Al Snow put himself through a table in a hardcore match against himself.

Al Snow would've been a legend in DDT.

Dr. Baker fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 21, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, if Billy Gunn can be a legend Al Snow probably isn't that far off. A friend recently made me realize that "wrestling legend" basically means "old, still alive, and memorable."

One of the most legendary wrestlers, ever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Al Snow once put me in a headlock at a comic convention. He is truly a legend

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

bartok posted:

I used to think 30 Rock was funnier than Big Bang Theory until I found out that Big Bang Theory crushed 30 Rock in the ratings. Now I'm a diehard Bazinga Boy.

SNL is better than 30 Rock because 30 Rock talked about tv ratings and the sausage being made.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://www.prowrestlingmusings.com/post/kenny-omega-vs-will-ospreay-in-ring-statistics-analysis-wrestle-kingdom-18

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CellBlock posted:

Also, Al Snow is a "legend" in that he had a pretty long career without it managing to kill him, and I believe is pretty well regarded as a trainer and agent (although I really have no idea there).

I’ve said before but wrestling is a lot like Stand up in that if you do it long enough people will just start calling you a legend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CellBlock posted:

OVW has basically been a complete joke since he purchased it and took over operations of the promotion. He's not well regarded at all.