Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Serf posted:

lmao the lowest person on that list who is getting paid seriously still makes 2x what i do

do you work at McDonalds or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Augus posted:

Shooter in NYC hospital was some guy who was pissed that he got fired, took 5 seconds for tweets asking to ban Muslims

huh seems like civillian purchasable assault rifles semi automatic sporting rifles with detachable box magazines, intermediate cartridges, and 300m minimum range might not be good.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Trump

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Ekster posted:

as a non-american i do not get the link between (right-wing) evangelicals and libertarianism

is it a prosperity theology thing?

Yeah, Wahhabist Calvinism will accept any ally no matter what provided it advances their ability to worship money and spit on the Gospel so they can build a garage extension

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

eonwe posted:

I just realized that Ted Cruz is more cucked than Scarborough because at least Scarborough defends his wife

Scarborough is better than Jeb! who's better than Cruz

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

eonwe posted:

I just realized that Ted Cruz is more cucked than Scarborough because at least Scarborough defends his wife

Rafael's body count is waaaaay higher though so I'd say they are even

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lmbo, Dan Scavino makes the oddly specific and juuuuuuuuust less than Spicer's salary amount of $179,700

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Trump, Ivanka M. Employee $0.00 Per Annum FIRST DAUGHTER AND ADVISOR TO THE PRESIDENT

hi im applying for the position of first daughter

Serf
May 5, 2011

Thom and the Heads posted:

incredible username/post combo

binch i chose this name for a reason!!

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Reality Winner posted:

Trump, Ivanka M. Employee $0.00 Per Annum FIRST DAUGHTER AND ADVISOR TO THE PRESIDENT

her title is FIRST DAUGHTER lmao

Take that Tiffany!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

deathbysnusnu posted:

Take that Tiffany!

who?

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Serf
May 5, 2011

Louisgod posted:

do you work at McDonalds or something?

a university :eng99:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Reality Winner posted:

hi im applying for the position of first daughter

Jared is also in there at $0. Worth every penny!

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Serf posted:

a university :eng99:

if you stick with mcdonalds it would pay better lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

You know how happy Trump would be to see this? The only republican!!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ekster posted:

as a non-american i do not get the link between (right-wing) evangelicals and libertarianism

Sorry for the confusion but, I wasn't trying to make a direct link. Personally, I feel they are separate and distinct ideologies that have some overlap, especially in the context of prosperity theology as you point out.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

her?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Crazy Mika, along with Psycho Joe

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, Wahhabist Calvinism will accept any ally no matter what provided it advances their ability to worship money and spit on the Gospel so they can build a garage extension

Spitting on the Gospel is sacrilege. Twisting it and perverting it for your own ends such that it is unrecognizable compared to the original is perfectly acceptable though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Ekster posted:

an alliance of convenience against new deal democrats/the new left forged in the 70s-80s

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum posted:

lmbo, Dan Scavino makes the oddly specific and juuuuuuuuust less than Spicer's salary amount of $179,700

oh, it's the same as Spicer. Must be the salary cap.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

I personally like his America First speech from inaug, very powerful stuff

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Typo posted:

an alliance of convenience against civil rights and desegregation

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

radical meme posted:

Sorry for the confusion but, I wasn't trying to make a direct link. Personally, I feel they are separate and distinct ideologies that have some overlap, especially in the context of prosperity theology as you point out.

Evangelicals and libertarians both see themselves as morally superior and ordained by supernatural powers (god/free market) to be stewards of the earth. The rest of it is all just words in books.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/880884656262053890

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
my favorite quote that I attribute Trump to in my dissertation is "We're going to win and we're going to win big league" and in the process of deciphering what he really meant by that I

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trump's nomination convention speech followed by his Saudi trip will be how I remember his presidency. As there is not yet a piss tape, I can't remember Trump for the piss tape yet.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

guess they never looked up matthew 6:24 (i.e. worship of mammon)

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/GovernorTomWolf/status/880883866977918978

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

A Handed Missus posted:

Miller, Stephen Employee $179,700.00 Per Annum ASSISTANT TO THE PRESIDENT AND SENIOR ADVISOR FOR POLICY

I like how they put him on TV for a while and then were like "Hmmm no; too repellent" lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

oh, it's the same as Spicer. Must be the salary cap.

Maybe they can have their oldest biggest salary cap albatross suddenly have a mysterious incurable skin rash that required them to go on the LTIR and allows the team to just write off the cap hit *cough blackhawks cough*

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

FDR - CUCK!
JFK - CUCK!
TRUMP - TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

abortion, gay marriage and school prayers were core evangelical issues and had very little to do with race

Reagan's moral majority was always about whether America is a christian nation or not more

it's entirely possible if the 1960s turned out differently they would have sided with the new deal democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

• Locked thread