Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Also, I've been saying far, far worse poo poo than the stuff you mentioned, to my shitter teammates, at that, and not gotten a warning (or at least not in so long I can't remember.) I mean, I'm no Shanky, but I'm definitely one of the major reasons allchat was removed in the first place! :v:

All the example quotes that wargaming had a problem with were from team chat. I mean, if they want to exclude toxicity from the game they might as well take out team chat too.

Then my only outlet will be to ping the map in a malicious and insultive manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I think the reason all chat was removed were from people telling the enemy team tank locations, I doubt WG care much about Xxxsephiroth420xxX calling weedlordbonerhitler a poo poo lord.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
If I play tomorrow I will hit 2750 tankrewards points or so. Is there a way to get the extra 250 points before it closes? I have already gotten the "secret mission" to set a dude on fire.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
One of the tier 4 rewards is 220 points I think, have you got that yet?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dravs posted:

I think the reason all chat was removed were from people telling the enemy team tank locations, I doubt WG care much about Xxxsephiroth420xxX calling weedlordbonerhitler a poo poo lord.

I have never actually seen ghosting yet. Most people are just being dicks to each other, which is hilarious as always.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Katamari Democracy posted:

I'll take a stab at it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6WYZMegBsA

Sorry if my mic is a bit quiet. Didnt notice until it was processing. But you are over exposing yourself and positioning incorrectly in the IS-3. As soon as you saw several guns pointed at you; you should have been driving backwards to let them push forward and get punished by your team mates.

Unfortunately for you; your team mates are terrible glue sniffers and decided to hang back bunched up only shooting nothing when they could have been shooting more scarier tanks.

Hopefully you can see in the video how you were not correctly positioned. Next time you drive in the IS-3 the front of your hull needs to be pointed directly at your enemy if you can't take a hull down position.

You also should have been more worried when you saw half of the enemy team pushing once they picked off a few of your team mates.

What program did you use to record the video for YouTube? I used FRAPS in the past and it looked like poo poo.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

What program did you use to record the video for YouTube? I used FRAPS in the past and it looked like poo poo.

Not OP, I always use/used OBS for recording, works great after a little bit of setup.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Shadowplay. It's an Nvidia software. But OBS works just as good.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
Sometimes it makes it all worth it when you derp someone for 700 hp and immediately remove them from the game. Especially if it's a long distance prayer in the first place.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5355790#westfield-mariuslecter-rhm_-borsig_waffentr_ger

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Frontlines would be fun if you didn't have to play it with absolute and utter fuckwits. Yeah, Chrysler K, you're definitely the right tank to sit in our spawn and "snipe" at the enemy. Meanwhile 2/3 of the defenders from one zone have hosed off to camp in another zone, that has all of three attackers in it currently.

It's just depressing steamroll after steamroll tonight.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I wonder how many people actually get the reward tanks from Frontlines. :thunk:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I didnt hit max rank last FL yet I have 6 tokens, and stage 3 just started. Am I bad at math?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I missed the first Frontline of the season so I'll have to play some Steel Hunters if I want one of the reward tanks :(

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

I missed the first Frontline of the season so I'll have to play some Steel Hunters if I want one of the reward tanks :(

Same.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

BadLlama posted:

I didnt hit max rank last FL yet I have 6 tokens, and stage 3 just started. Am I bad at math?

They gave out an additional token at one point as compensation for some form of downtime. I didn't get it, but it sounds like you did.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yeah I got 7 tokens at the moment and I haven't started this front lines yet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

WorldofTanks.png

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I unlocked the Jagdtiger. My first ever T9.

Seems pretty OK except RNG was loving me over haaaaaard. A full side on Leopard PT A's tracks and road wheels ate three consecutive shells with zero damage :argh: The difference between a 1500 point damage and 3000 point damage game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

All I care about is the French tank.

Idk I have this thing for the French tanks. They piss me off to no end with their derpy guns, but I seem to do good in them.

Also, them and the Italians have the best female crew voices. Just sayin.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

A lot, probably. Only takes about 6 hours to reach max rank if you're halfway decent. Pubbies are v bad at paper autoloaders so this is a good thing :getin:.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I dunno. I have heard a few shitlers complaining that ranks above Sergeant don't exist.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Well got my rank 15, time to close tanks for another several weeks.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i had a really fun game in frontlines where i killed the arta with the senlac and their whole team tried to chase me with non-wheeled tanks that i killed one by one with HE while running for my life.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I must suck. I usually get lieutenant, captain if I’m lucky.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I don't know the secret sauce to get General constantly. Usually I finish just below all the generals in overall exp received. I guess playing closer to the cap gets more points? I am usually trying to clear flanks or pick of stragglers (or being the straggler getting picked off).

Side Note: I ended up on the opposite side of Claus in a match. His platoon and stream followers just kind of smashed through us. I only realized it was him after losing my third tank to his KV-5 push though.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The secret sauce to getting General is that you have to either cap or stop the other team from capping.

If you aren't running Engineering on everything and doing everything you can to get cap/reset points you're probably not going to make General.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gorman Thomas posted:

A lot, probably. Only takes about 6 hours to reach max rank if you're halfway decent. Pubbies are v bad at paper autoloaders so this is a good thing :getin:.

It's loving insane how many Progettos there are in Frontlines. It seems like 90% of the shots I take are from Progettos, usually camping in some bush 58 kilometers away.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5357214#stats

ebr 75 is something else on sand river. just look for missmatches and blindside people until the enemy team run out of tanks? watch this replay and tell me how this tank is balanced

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
All chat is gone. RIP

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MariusLecter posted:

All chat is gone. RIP

Good. I was fed up with Eastern European salt lords calling people N-words and F-words and reporting the location of their teammates a few days ago already.

E: Nice, the Object 268 TD line will be top of the tree for May (as well as Soviet lights). I unlocked the ISU-152 the other day but didn't buy one yet, so this'll be good. For once I'm playing a TotT line!

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 28, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i really wanna get the t54 light so thats amazing timing!

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Oh nice I have a 704 already.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

MariusLecter posted:

All chat is gone. RIP

Well, my urge to play the game casually just stopped.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Had to defend against a Mahou blob (at least 12 tanks) in frontlines last night and they rolled us so hard the match was over in 10ish minutes and only 1 person made general. Their plan was probably just to wipe all the caps and then farm until the game timed out. Unfortunately the pubbies on their side rushed the guns lmao.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Thanks for the video tips. I look forward to brining you more great content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLRO6a1drzQ

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Majority of my FL games last night was either me owning or me getting owned.

Its the World of Tanks life

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I bought the EBR 75 FL 10. First time out I stopped paying attention for a second, hit some kind of minor bump and managed to flip the thing on its roof head over heels.

When I'm not doing that, how should I play the EBR (or wheeled tanks in general) to make the most of them?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Der Shovel posted:

I bought the EBR 75 FL 10. First time out I stopped paying attention for a second, hit some kind of minor bump and managed to flip the thing on its roof head over heels.

When I'm not doing that, how should I play the EBR (or wheeled tanks in general) to make the most of them?

Hold W and load HE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Full speed and avoid trees, unless you are turning, in which turn off cruise and turn on a dime.