Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Zzulu posted:

Isn't this literally what the average american looks like nowadays? Isn't your country grotesquely fat

About a third, but don't you worry -- the rest of the world is catching up fast! We just blazed a wide, heavily trod path for everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I don't recognize the location, but I ran it through FotoForensics on a lark

Doesn't look touched up.

well someone touched up Don Jr, cause he is bearing triplets.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Someone took showroom condition a little too seriously.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Trabant posted:

About a third, but don't you worry -- the rest of the world is catching up fast! We just blazed a wide, heavily trod path for everyone else.

I can't find the article now, but I read that now that the Chinese have money to spend they've actually got a rising obesity rate. It's a tiny fraction of the overall population, but because the country is just so huge it still ends up being hundreds of millions of people that are effected. So...success?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Super curious about the weird-rear end windshield.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I’m more concerned about the lack of grill marks on that poor piece of meat. Sad.

You are asking Trump to desecrate a beautiful piece of white meat with some color?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Americans aren't really good at this "food" thing

Or anything else either, really. Except guns and military. I mean for goodness sake, this is the people that elected Donald to ultimate power in their country and most of them are heavily in debt and poor nowadays. Of course they're going to screw up basic stuff like food

Zzulu posted:

americans are poopy and smell

Zzulu posted:

America needs a new civil war, a great purge

Zzulu posted:

the american food industry is horrifying

Zzulu posted:

Your military economy demands war or else a lot of things will break down. America is desperately looking for a new helpless poor country to bash

Zzulu posted:

Isn't this literally what the average american looks like nowadays? Isn't your country grotesquely fat

Sir, this is an Arby's

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Jose Valasquez posted:

Sir, this is an Arby's

Terminally European Goon does not know what an Arby's is.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!

bEatmstrJ pimped his ride I see

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

lmao he didn't actually take a bite

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
well... yeah?

I mean why the hell would he? It's not fried or anything

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Please more Sonic/Penders craziness. If there's a specific thread for it please link me to it. I'm howling.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Please more Sonic/Penders craziness. If there's a specific thread for it please link me to it. I'm howling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIvpboKVdrw&t=3s
Here's a great breakdown of the saga behind the Sonic The Hedgehog comic book.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hellblazer187 posted:

Not Sonic but here's a story about a creepy furry getting a children's IP featuring colorful talking animals killed. So, same energy.

https://unpromisedone.blogspot.com/2012/11/meet-dennis-quozl-falk-man-who-got-tiny.html?m=1

Came up in the GBS Simpsons thread.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIvpboKVdrw&t=3s
Here's a great breakdown of the saga behind the Sonic The Hedgehog comic book.

Made by a goon! Great video lol.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Stuff I'm embarrassed to have only just now figured out: Montana Max was the analog of Yosemite Sam

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Stuff I'm embarrassed to have only just now figured out: Montana Max was the analog of Yosemite Sam

Let me tell you about Elmyra Fudd Duff

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh ffs

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Scathach posted:

Super curious about the weird-rear end windshield.

I never noticed that part of the picture before but now that you mention it, that might be an SPL competition car. They sometimes have plexi panel windshields like that because the sound levels will shatter regular glass. I'm not sure if that means the tile interior make more or less sense though. Acoustically, it seems backwards.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Who What Now posted:

lmao he didn't actually take a bite

No, he's well known to be super germophobic about food. Thus the overcooked meat, preferring fast food to real restaurants (because restaurants can be germy!), etc.

He's not about to ingest something made by some rando who's probably covered with cooties.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

LawfulWaffle posted:

Doesn't look touched up.
What would we be seeing if it was..? I mean either I did a really good job on this one a few years back:

or it's real (?)

Pyene's not holding Abbot's hand and is actually cradling a set of folders in a similar manner to Abbot

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Mister Speaker posted:

I never noticed that part of the picture before but now that you mention it, that might be an SPL competition car. They sometimes have plexi panel windshields like that because the sound levels will shatter regular glass. I'm not sure if that means the tile interior make more or less sense though. Acoustically, it seems backwards.

I'm also concerned with the lack of safe rear end space. Like what do you do, throw some beanbags in there and call it a day?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

Doesn't look touched up.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Mister Speaker posted:

Yeah no chance. Reflective surfaces are a huge no-no in bass competitions.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yeah no chance. Reflective surfaces are a huge no-no in bass competitions.

Is this like an audiophile thing or do reflective surfaces really mess things up for car stereos? If so how much do people charge to matte black the seat belt buckles?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I just noticed something and now you all have to, too.

The glove muffin top.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is this like an audiophile thing or do reflective surfaces really mess things up for car stereos? If so how much do people charge to matte black the seat belt buckles?

I don’t know if it’s an audiophile thing, but I used to own a car audio shop and had a competition car.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Ok, so why were reflective surfaces a bad idea?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hellblazer187 posted:

Not sure if the video covers it, but iirc he was also feuding the whole time with Karl Bollers, the other writer on the comic, who had his own shenanigans like introducing his own original character do not steal Mina Mongoose (named after his grandmother, creepily enough) who was Sonic's new love interest until eventually he wrote her a grumpy but cute boyfriend to get her out of the picture.

Between Sally, Amy, occasionally Bunnie, Mina, Fiona Fox, and who the hell knows else the drat comic turned into a harem anime and/or soap opera for a while. (Complete with evil counterparts from the Star Trek style mirror universe getting involved in the love quadrangles, Fiona Fox ended up hooking up with Evil Sonic. Funny thing is that Evil Sonic ended up becoming something like a parody of edgy OC recolours who deliberately changed his name and his image to differentiate himself because he hated Good Sonic so much and has an even bigger ego)

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

In in those competitions I think they're just going for sheer decibel level and bass. I could see this as an attempt at trying to clear the interior of anything that would absorb sound or has odd angles to deflect sound waves.

edit beaten

But yeah why no reflective surfaces? Is that a rule or a superstition?

James Woods has a new favorite as of 06:21 on Apr 19, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

If that car ever gets into an accident, it'll be like sitting inside your own personal shrapnel bomb :stonklol:.

The Bloop posted:

Son of a... :psyboom:.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Bloop posted:

For some reason one of the executives had a real liking for her, hence her getting forced into Pinky and the Brain apropos of nothing. (I'm guessing pedophilia)

That whole era of animation was pretty weird, Animaniacs being very much a throwback to classic cartoon formulas and spinoffs, Pinky and the Brain and Freakazoid to an extent using similar conventions. Even Disney got in on it with Bonkers being a lot more like a Looney Tunes cartoon. Makes a lot of sense if it was all a reaction to Who Framed Roger Rabbit's success and bringing a lot of classic cartoon characters back into the public eye. (Bonkers in particular being basically a lawyer-friendly version of Roger Rabbit) There's probably a lot more discussion to be had on this, been a fair bit in the TVIV kids show thread lately I think.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

James Woods posted:

But yeah why no reflective surfaces? Is that a rule or a superstition?

Pretty sure they mean acoustically reflective, not shiny reflective. As in, hard flat surfaces that sound bounces off of.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BrandorKP posted:

I just noticed something and now you all have to, too.

The glove muffin top.
Whole grain, low fat

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Whole grain, low fat

lol

Mock the Cross
Sep 4, 2009

Oh, Berserk, when did we go so very, very wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mock the Cross posted:

Oh, Berserk, when did we go so very, very wrong.

wow

those sure are some ... funny? pictures