Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Zark the Damned posted:

Just a heads up for folks here - Worldsmith Industries are closing down and having a stock clearance with some big savings available - https://worldsmithindustries.com/

From experience it's good stuff (I backed the KS and won a bunch of the ruins through the Oath thread a few years back) and you'd be supporting fellow goon Germ, so go check it out!

Those are neat pieces

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space

Stephenls posted:

Gonna see if I can make one using the demo I linked to above. Just need to find a correctly-sized skull; the ones in the Citadel Skulls kit are a bit too small, I think. I need to practice with green stuff anyway, and if I gently caress it up I can just try again. (Anyone know where that chain he gets the skull from is from? Actually, if anybody has that kit, can anyone say whether those skulls are bigger than the ones from the Citadel Skulls kit or whether they're the same size and I'm just misjudging it?)

The old skeleton warriors kit has larger skulls, they are a little cartoony, and there is a jawless one too (I saw that's what you needed after I took pics).

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Stephenls posted:

Gonna see if I can make one using the demo I linked to above. Just need to find a correctly-sized skull; the ones in the Citadel Skulls kit are a bit too small, I think. I need to practice with green stuff anyway, and if I gently caress it up I can just try again. (Anyone know where that chain he gets the skull from is from? Actually, if anybody has that kit, can anyone say whether those skulls are bigger than the ones from the Citadel Skulls kit or whether they're the same size and I'm just misjudging it?)
Embrace the love of the one true chaplain head.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Did a bit of terrain assembly this weekend after I got my hobby table set up at home, but I'm in a room with natural wood walls and ceiling and it's all a bit dark.

Any tips on a proper lighting setup? I'm thinking floor lamps, but should I be focused on a certain type of bulb to get the clearest lighting for painting?

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Ropes4u posted:

Thank you everyone I will try a little of everything until I find something I like.

My entire wargaming hobby summed up in one sentence.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did a bit of terrain assembly this weekend after I got my hobby table set up at home, but I'm in a room with natural wood walls and ceiling and it's all a bit dark.

Any tips on a proper lighting setup? I'm thinking floor lamps, but should I be focused on a certain type of bulb to get the clearest lighting for painting?

On some advice from here I got some 6500K Daylight bulbs to replace the 2700K warm yellow one that came with my cheap IKEA lamp, and it's been great.

The only thing is they came in 'spotlight' variety which in this case means the lamp shade actually goes over the top of them so they don't shine down directly, but this could actually be a plus as it means it's not too harsh. I might look at taking the shade off or getting a new lamp when I'm not so incredibly poor from buying plastic and paints for said plastic.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

Stephenls posted:

The other classic chaplain head choices are a skull helmet from the AoS Chaos Warriors box, or a particular one of the Khorne Berserker heads with the horns filed off. If you know any veteran chaos players, they'll probably have some spare.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Corrode posted:

Darren Latham had a hand in both ranges and he's talked a few times about purposely making the Skitarii and Neophytes interchangeable.

Is this from strictly a modelling perspective? Because fluff-wise I don't see how this works.

(Modelling-wise, I have seen how it works and it looks amazing.)

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I put a Reiver skullmet on a chaplain and it fuckin' whips, Reiver heads are cool.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Played a narrative game this weekend out of the Vigilus book. Did the Outbreak mission, in which the attacker is quarantined in the middle of the board and the defender took both ends.

I played the defender and lost pretty badly, but it was a great game. Played against my friends Space Wolves. Not all of my stuff is fully painted yet, but my friend got some pretty good pictures anyway.

My Hellblasters & Stalker Bolt Rifle Intercessors looking down over the board. The attacker gets the first turn, so I lost both my Hellblaster squads before they even got to fire.

These two intercessor squads spent like 3 turns locked in combat. I'd back out each turn, fire with my auto bolt rifles then get charged.

Another squad of Heavy Hell Blasters. Died before shooting anything.

Jump pack wolf lord with a relic frost axe & storm shield taking on my Gravis Captain. Combat went for a few rounds with my Gravis Captain eventually winning out, thanks to being in range of his Lieutenant.

They then went on to roll this squad of Intercessors.

My other Gravis Captain & Lt getting charged by some Wulfen.

And of course, my Guilliman did work on the field. He bellowed out a challenge after losing 2 Hellblaster squads in the first round. Grimnar and Njal answered the challenge. Guilliman took out Logan Grimnar, Njal Stormcaller and then went on to kill 6 Wulfen in a single turn.

Guilliman bellowing his challenge.

Njal and Grimnar answer.

Grimnar strikes first but can't quite get through Guilliman's armor, shaving off only 2 wounds. Guilliman swings The Emperor's Sword and cuts down Grimnar in a single turn.

Njal summoned two ghost wolves to help him, but it's still not enough.

Taken down to a single wound, Guilliman cuts down Njal before getting charged by the Wulfen.

After the Njal fight, the Repulsor shot and took down the last remaining wound on Guilliman. He stood back up with 3 wounds, got charged by the Wulfen, withstood their attacks with 1 wound remaining, killed all 6 of them which triggered their death attacks. That finally took him down.

Fun game, but I really want to redo this with my Death Guard when I get them done. We ended up calling it after Guilliman fell since I only had 2 Gravis Captains & 2 Lieutenant's left to go up against a Storm Wolf and 2 Repulsors.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Nice Ultras and cool color scheme on the furry bois. Sounds like a fun game!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

TheBigAristotle posted:

I use a pair of IKEA desk lamps with day light bulbs. The dual lamps kill any shadows on what you’re painting so you can see much more clearly.

I use a pair of Phillips Hue white ambient bulbs. Allows you to change the colour temp from 2000-6500k

I paint at about 5500k ‘bright sunglight’ :) the bulbs should cost about $17 each.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Didn't get a chance to finish these good boys before new year, which I guess makes them my first project of 2019. Gonna pick up the Gryphonicus colour transfers for them when they bring out the separate Warlord / Reaver weapon sprues.

Yeast posted:

I use a pair of Phillips Hue white ambient bulbs. Allows you to change the colour temp from 2000-6500k

Just got a bunch of these to try out, and am looking forward to having them over my new painting desk. The daylight temp makes a hell of a difference. Plus switching lights on from a widget on my phone before entering a room is cool.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

xtothez posted:

Didn't get a chance to finish these good boys before new year, which I guess makes them my first project of 2019. Gonna pick up the Gryphonicus colour transfers for them when they bring out the separate Warlord / Reaver weapon sprues.

Just got a bunch of these to try out, and am looking forward to having them over my new painting desk. The daylight temp makes a hell of a difference. Plus switching lights on from a widget on my phone before entering a room is cool.

I don't mean to alarm you, but one of your warhounds has just slipped on a banana peel.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Mirin dat organization

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Hey I have a rules question that got me searching and I can't find anything about :

For Perils of the Warp, the wording states that it only triggers when a Psyker rolls a double 1 or double 6. This implies that it DOES NOT take modifiers into account, since the wording isn't "if the result of a Psychic Test is 2 or 12".

Does this mean that, if I roll a 9 with a weirdboy, and have +3 from Waaagh Energy, I DO NOT suffer Perils of the Warp, and also get the Super Smite (D6 mortal wounds instead of D3)?

I've searched all the FAQ's I thought it would be in (Big FAQ 1, Big FAQ 2, Codex Orks FAQ, 8th Ed FAQ) and can't find anything that states otherwise.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Far as I'm aware, its dice only.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Jumpoff posted:

Hey I have a rules question that got me searching and I can't find anything about :

For Perils of the Warp, the wording states that it only triggers when a Psyker rolls a double 1 or double 6. This implies that it DOES NOT take modifiers into account, since the wording isn't "if the result of a Psychic Test is 2 or 12".

Does this mean that, if I roll a 9 with a weirdboy, and have +3 from Waaagh Energy, I DO NOT suffer Perils of the Warp, and also get the Super Smite (D6 mortal wounds instead of D3)?

I've searched all the FAQ's I thought it would be in (Big FAQ 1, Big FAQ 2, Codex Orks FAQ, 8th Ed FAQ) and can't find anything that states otherwise.

Weirdboys have a special rule where if they roll a 12 or higher they suffer Perils. Or at least they did in the Index, not sure if that changed in the codex.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Strobe posted:

Weirdboys have a special rule where if they roll a 12 or higher they suffer Perils. Or at least they did in the Index, not sure if that changed in the codex.

You're right, didn't check the one book i should have.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

The Jumpoff posted:

However, I think this is true for other +n to psychic tests buffs e.g Magnus.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

xtothez posted:

Depending how far you want to go down this rabbit hole, I also have one of the motion sensors on my wall, so in the morning when I walk in the lights come on by themselves, and after 15mins of having left the room they turn off. It's really nice.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Moti...e+motion+sensor

I've got it setup so they go into 'painting mode' between 8am and 11pm, and nightlight mode after hours so I don't blind myself walking in for something at 2am.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Yeast posted:

Depending how far you want to go down this rabbit hole, I also have one of the motion sensors on my wall, so in the morning when I walk in the lights come on by themselves, and after 15mins of having left the room they turn off. It's really nice.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Moti...e+motion+sensor

I've got it setup so they go into 'painting mode' between 8am and 11pm, and nightlight mode after hours so I don't blind myself walking in for something at 2am.

I actually just ordered a motion sensor (along with a bunch more bulbs & dimmer switches) after spending a few nights playing around with OpenHAB. In a few months my house will probably have it's own machine spirit to placate.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Aw gently caress yeah, local gaming club is doing a Vigilus campaign across 8 different points levels (from 500 to 2000) so it will act as a slow grow, which is perfect timing. Can't wait to actually play with all these AdMech I've been painting.

EDIT: Oh poo poo I need to figure out a way to carry a dozen Skitarii, a Dunecrawler, and at least one Armiger Warglaive in 3 days now.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 8, 2019

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Today's Rumor Eninge:

Wonder what it could be? :thunk:

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
It obviously look imperial. Don't think it's sisters though, they showed, among a few other weapons, a sisters flamer a while back, and it was way more gothic.

Some updated Guard stuff maybe*?

*Pure wishlisting.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Technowolf posted:

Salamanders getting a Crimson Fists WD treatment.

Hey, a guy can dream. I have almost a full Primaris army waiting for new/better rules.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Technowolf posted:

Today's Rumor Eninge:

Looks like a Primaris Lieutenant to me

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cage Kicker posted:

Looks like a Primaris Lieutenant to me

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

PierreTheMime posted:

Salamanders getting a Crimson Fists WD treatment.

Hey, a guy can dream. I have almost a full Primaris army waiting for new/better rules.

That doesn’t seem like too far out of an idea. Seems likely eventually all the major chapters will get a WD supplement right?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Also why are Ork lootaz so much better than Ork tankbustaz? They seem to be the universal choice at tournaments. But the tabkbusta strat where you throw a bajillion mortal wound grenades seems good?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Lootas can shoot across the board and can be deployed with a grot screen.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Also why are Ork lootaz so much better than Ork tankbustaz? They seem to be the universal choice at tournaments. But the tabkbusta strat where you throw a bajillion mortal wound grenades seems good?

Weight of fire from a long distance mostly. Dakka3 benefits them more as they have more base shots and their gun has solid stats. Tankbustas have to get up close and personal to use their best equipment.

EDIT: Plus there's the models I guess. Tankbustas are a fairly crappy finecast kit, Lootas are a good plastic kit that also gives you burna boyz if you have some extra bodies (like most Orks!) and a mek.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 8, 2019

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Open topped Battle Wagons are pretty good for turning them into mobile death dealers.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

A big thing you can do as bad moonz is fire again with infantry, so you make a 25 man squad by combining two smaller ones and then have a gently caress ton of shots. This means you don't have to do anything to get them in range unlike the tank bustas which can be screened, and since it is a pile of stationary dudes you can just surround them with grots for durability and screening.

Edit:

on a separate note, I finished up a mek gun this morning:

R0ckfish fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 8, 2019

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Wrote a lil report from my one-dayer yesterday trying out the new Crimson Fists stuff from Vigilus and WD, hope y'all enjoy it: http://www.goonhammer.com/subdomains/forums/tournament-report-winter-tides-of-war-2019-march-of-the-crimson-fists/

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

PantsOptional posted:

This may be a long shot, but has anyone used the Pop Goes the Monkey Deathwatch shoulder pads? Curious to see how they compare to the official GW ones and I'm gonna need a boatload of them if I'm going to be converting Primaris stuff over.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnm3yk3nHtG/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

The Shark, the Raptor and the hard to see Hammers of Dorn are PGTM. The Wolf and the Imp fist are from their respective kits (Wolf Captain from the T&C Box, and the Fist is the Cassius Team one)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Technowolf posted:

Today's Rumor Eninge:

GW releases Primaris Flameblasters, Reiver-style close assault infantry armed with Flame Incinerators.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

GW releases Primaris Flameblasters, Reiver-style close assault infantry armed with Flame Incinerators.

Uh yeah I’d totally be down for this.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
As long as they have Storm Shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Those would fit quite nicely with my planned Salamanders.