Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Go Figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

(crosspost)
Eververse update for this fall
https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47935

quote:

On September 17, 2019:

All Eververse armor (new and armor you’ve already acquired!) is being converted into Universal Ornaments
Universal Ornaments can be attached to any newly acquired Legendary armor
Bright Dust is going to come from doing bounties, not dismantling things you spent money on
Eververse items will no longer dismantle into Bright Dust. This Fall, Eververse items will dismantle into Legendary Shards and Glimmer
Eververse items can now be pulled from your Collections with Glimmer/Legendary Shards instead of Bright Dust

Before September 17, 2019:

Dismantle all of your unused Eververse items to maximize your Bright Dust reserves

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
That's pretty much what I'd hoped but never thought to see implemented, so long bright dust tax to get something from my collection.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
on the one hand, that's a decent improvement

on the other hand, that's even more bounties you gotta run around spreadsheeting before you start actually playing

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
oh no, busywork in my mmo

and it's from the bounties you are already grabbing anyway, who cares

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Mazerunner posted:

on the other hand, that's even more bounties you gotta run around spreadsheeting before you start actually playing

Youre talking to the people who used to manually delete shaders one at a time.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Mazerunner posted:

It's better than it currently is which is do Tess's bounties for next to gently caress all dust or break down the piddly amounts you get from lootboxes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why do they acknowledge that sparrow farming is a thing without trying to do anything about it

Why are there still 150 speed sparrows and new ones being introduced

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Truth is the easiest heavy kills I've gotten in PvP in recent memory. The extreme tracking is fine, but the 3 rockets and no reload are arguably even better and just put it way over the top.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Legs Benedict posted:

oh no, busywork in my mmo

and it's from the bounties you are already grabbing anyway, who cares

oh I didn't realize it was from crucible/gambit/strike etc. bounties. I thought it was just upping the amount from the eververse bounties. That's way better.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

actionjackson posted:

yeah that's somewhat similar to what I have (backup and under pressure). would you rather have range or charge time mw?

With backup plan you dont really need charge time MW if you abuse the perk. So range is pretty good.

I don't think charge time or acc coils is a bad choice though

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Range, charge time mw is no Bueno on erentil

Can still kill 3 resilance or less in 4 bolts which is basically every good player.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I am confused how a charge time mw could be bad. It drops it to acc coils speed (820). I can see how a range mw would be preferred tho

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Charge time and damage are inherently linked. If you lower charge time (by MW or Accelerated Coils) it will lower the damage. For some archetypes, it means needing an extra bolt which means the effective range gets slaughtered

MW Charge Time is generally considered a Bad, Shard It Now perk, but sounds like it doesn't matter as much for Erentils at high level of play

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I am confused how a charge time mw could be bad. It drops it to acc coils speed (820). I can see how a range mw would be preferred tho

I only ever run fusions with back up tbh so I never worry too much about charge time.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Charge time literally doesn't affect linear fusions in a way that prevents two body shot or one crit kill.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Insane Totoro posted:

Charge time literally doesn't affect linear fusions in a way that prevents two body shot or one crit kill.

also this. charge time mw is fine on linears

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think I have like 3 lifetime kills of enemies in PvP and pve with legendary linear fusions. Truly a pointless weapon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Crooked Fang exists for Gambit and Argos, Eater of Worlds and that's about it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Charge time and damage are inherently linked. If you lower charge time (by MW or Accelerated Coils) it will lower the damage. For some archetypes, it means needing an extra bolt which means the effective range gets slaughtered

MW Charge Time is generally considered a Bad, Shard It Now perk, but sounds like it doesn't matter as much for Erentils at high level of play

Are you sure the charge time mw lowers damage? Because the crux of the whole argument.

Mine is listed as having 90 impact still in DIM, despite the charge time of 820.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 20, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

actionjackson posted:

I thought the charge time mw didn't change the damage like acc. coils did!

You may not think it be like it is,

but it do

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

still says 90, which is what the default impact is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Question about Shadowkeep and cross-save: If I've got Forsaken + all the DLC on PS4 and I buy Shadowkeep on PC, I believe that Bungie has said that stuff like Forsaken isn't cross-buy so I wouldn't have access to it on PC, but how exactly would that work? I wouldn't be able to go to Forsaken areas on PC but would be able to if I booted up the same character on PS4? What if I have gear that came from Forsaken/Shadowkeep but I'm playing on a platform where I don't have that content? Sorry if they haven't talked about this yet so no one has the answer, but I'd like to play the new content on PC when it comes out but I'm unsure of how all this works.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Are you sure the charge time mw lowers damage? Because the crux of the whole argument.

Mine is listed as having 90 impact still in DIM, despite the charge time of 820.

It does ever so slightly.

So slightly that the numbers don't change from 48 per bolt.

I wouldn't stack charge time mw and acc coils though, that would drop the bolts to 47 or less

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

well that's loving dumb rip

I'm just going to specify range mw for erentils now

even if it's really 47.6 or whatever, I'm guessing that causes the resilience breakpoint to change a bit

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

well that's loving dumb rip

I'm just going to specify range mw for erentils now

even if it's really 47.6 or whatever, I'm guessing that causes the resilience breakpoint to change a bit

Yeah fron 6 to 3 or some poo poo.

Fallout Plays has a good video on Erentil you should watch

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

CheeseFactory posted:

It does ever so slightly.

So slightly that the numbers don't change from 48 per bolt.

I wouldn't stack charge time mw and acc coils though, that would drop the bolts to 47 or less

Destiny needs a sigdig slider

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Next thing I want in destiny is a way to save loadouts and for them to get rid of the limit for poo poo I can carry. Just have each slot be like the inventory screen.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I got that last rune tier and I got a bunch of double drops out of the chest.

I rolled some erentils with range mw. best one I got was rangefinder and torch. other perks were meh (snapshot, enhanced battery) but obviously rangefinder is the best park on the last node (that or backup plan), and I'm pretty sure torch is the best scope (+13 range, +5 zoom, - 5 handling).

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
this seems ok

lets take it for a spin

https://i.imgur.com/bLCKEvZ.gifv

(the guy chasing me in the beginning was in spectral blades)

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

actionjackson posted:

I got that last rune tier and I got a bunch of double drops out of the chest.

I rolled some erentils with range mw. best one I got was rangefinder and torch. other perks were meh (snapshot, enhanced battery) but obviously rangefinder is the best park on the last node (that or backup plan), and I'm pretty sure torch is the best scope (+13 range, +5 zoom, - 5 handling).

As much as I love rangefinder, I think it has tough competition with ttt in that slot. Now if we could have a ttt/rangefinder in the two different slots :getin:

E: trying to remember testing months ago, but I agree that rf is still strictly better. I'm not a fan of what bungie did to fusions, especially with not having them disintegrate exploding enemies harmlessly in D2 (lol bungie you dumb)

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 20, 2019

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

ankle posted:

Question about Shadowkeep and cross-save: If I've got Forsaken + all the DLC on PS4 and I buy Shadowkeep on PC, I believe that Bungie has said that stuff like Forsaken isn't cross-buy so I wouldn't have access to it on PC, but how exactly would that work? I wouldn't be able to go to Forsaken areas on PC but would be able to if I booted up the same character on PS4? What if I have gear that came from Forsaken/Shadowkeep but I'm playing on a platform where I don't have that content? Sorry if they haven't talked about this yet so no one has the answer, but I'd like to play the new content on PC when it comes out but I'm unsure of how all this works.

sorry no one answered you yet on this

your loot will be accessible on any platform you cross save to. your ability to access the activities that provide said loot will be limited to platforms to which you have a license for said activities

put another way, you can use all your forsaken gear on pc when you cross save and buy shadowkeep there, but you can’t run last wish on your pc without also buying forsaken for pc

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Maker Of Shoes posted:

this seems ok

lets take it for a spin

https://i.imgur.com/bLCKEvZ.gifv

(the guy chasing me in the beginning was in spectral blades)

I wish I was good at this game.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Got this last night. Particle repeater, under pressure, tap the trigger, stab mw. I took it for a spin but think I prefer using my rangefinder under pressure erentil to map guys. I'll keep this around for when rangefinder gets nerfed on fusions.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

sorry no one answered you yet on this

your loot will be accessible on any platform you cross save to. your ability to access the activities that provide said loot will be limited to platforms to which you have a license for said activities

put another way, you can use all your forsaken gear on pc when you cross save and buy shadowkeep there, but you can’t run last wish on your pc without also buying forsaken for pc

That seems to be the way that makes the most sense, thanks for the info!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'll suck my own dick if someone can accurately describe to me what stability, range, and Recoil Direction each do for a fusion rifle

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Range isn't how far the bolts travel but how far before damage fall off begins.

Recoil direction is a tendency for bolts to group in a particular area. Perfect recoil the bolts group up and push in center. A leftward recoil means the bolts pack in tighter to the left of their total mass, right and right, so forth, so if it looks like someone got hit by the majority of the bolts but little damage was done it's because the visual representation mostly made impact but the actual bolt grouping was to a side and thus didn't hit.

NOW GET TO SUCKING, BOY. VID OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'll suck my own dick if someone can accurately describe to me what stability, range, and Recoil Direction each do for a fusion rifle

Modify its stats

Start suckin