Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I'm trying to come up with a list of my top 5 favorite Rifftrax (full-length division) and I'm having a hell of a time narrowing it down.

In no particular order, I have:
Highlander
Birdemic: SHOCK and TERROR
Star Treks II and V
The Star Wars Holiday Special
Any X-Men movie
The Happening
Point Break
Literally any Twilight movie

Although I should point out that I love every single Rifftrax and I haven't heard a bad riff yet. These are just my personal (and current) favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
I'd probably go with...

Titanic
Jurassic Park
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Dark Knight
Jaws

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

They need to get a new VOD out stat! I'm itching for something new.

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/tourist-trap

Got what you asked for, real Jon.

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!

therealjon_ posted:

They need to get a new VOD out stat! I'm itching for something new.

New release today:

http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/tourist-trap

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I never thought a movie with both Chuck Connors and Tanya Roberts in Daisy Dukes and a tube top could be that awful. I was wrong.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

From the Rifftrax Facebook page:

quote:

It's Black Friday at RiffTrax! Use the coupon code "FRIDAY" when you buy $5 or more worth of stuff, and we'll take 20% off your entire order! Hurry though, this offer is for today only! http://www.rifftrax.com/

nach0king
Jan 11, 2007

GET BACK TO WORK!!!
Awesome! Grabbing Tourist Trap accordingly.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Tourist Trap is actually a moderately creepy and original movie. I enjoyed it. Good riff, too.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm having a problem remembering the weird Christmas short that set in the North Pole with two animated dogs traveling there. I can't seem to find it in the folder with all the other Rifftrax I bought or a page for it on the Rifftrax Store (was wanting to suggest my friend he get this short).

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Rirse posted:

I'm having a problem remembering the weird Christmas short that set in the North Pole with two animated dogs traveling there. I can't seem to find it in the folder with all the other Rifftrax I bought or a page for it on the Rifftrax Store (was wanting to suggest my friend he get this short).

I'm pretty sure it was with the Christmas Shorts Live rifftrax.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Wandering Knitter posted:

I'm pretty sure it was with the Christmas Shorts Live rifftrax.

That's the thing, I bought all those shorts individuality so I never bought the actual dvd or vod for it.

[edit] I finally remember the name. Frozen Fable.

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/aesops-sound-fables-frozen-frolics

Rirse fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 24, 2012

Armourking
Dec 16, 2004

Step off!
Step off!

Rirse posted:

Aesop's Fables?
Edit: bah, beaten

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
If you check out their uStream: http://www.ustream.tv/rifftrax they've got Ice Cream Bunny and their Thanksgiving stream which is a lot of clips but also includes several complete shorts.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Haha, Tourist Trap is terrible.

Good grief.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Locutus of Bald posted:

I'm trying to come up with a list of my top 5 favorite Rifftrax (full-length division) and I'm having a hell of a time narrowing it down.

In no particular order, I have:
Highlander
Birdemic: SHOCK and TERROR
Star Treks II and V
The Star Wars Holiday Special
Any X-Men movie
The Happening
Point Break
Literally any Twilight movie

Although I should point out that I love every single Rifftrax and I haven't heard a bad riff yet. These are just my personal (and current) favorites.

I see you haven't seen the Road House or Over The Top riffs, as they're not on your list. I recommend you do so.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Double Bill posted:

I see you haven't seen the Road House or Over The Top riffs, as they're not on your list. I recommend you do so.

I have to second this. Over the Top is great just to watch the kid in the movie alternate between annoyed, happy, and completely mental.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I was watching Beware! The Blob (RIP Larry Hagman) and I thought it could make a good Riff. Does anyone own the rights to it anymore they could make it downloadable on their site.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Slasherfan posted:

I was watching Beware! The Blob (RIP Larry Hagman) and I thought it could make a good Riff. Does anyone own the rights to it anymore they could make it downloadable on their site.

God, I remember watching that years ago with a "Son of the Blob" title card and VHS tape. Seems right up their alley and I hope they do it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I'd probably go with...

Titanic
Jurassic Park
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Dark Knight
Jaws

Somehow I missed that they even had one for Willy Wonka. I'm so on that poo poo.

The other night a bunch of us watched all the Twilight riffs (second time for me) and I stand by that they are collectively just about the best thing they've done. The first one is kind of the best, because it's the most legitimately terrible movie on its own, but Breaking Dawn Pt. 1 comes close and you can bet I'm excited as gently caress for Pt. 2, especially from what I've read about the film itself.

Watched The Hunger Games riffed finally, didn't think it was that funny, another case of "movie isn't bad enough for a good riff", though not as bad as the Memento riff in that regard.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Just got this email:

quote:

Cyber Monday at RiffTrax starts at midnight!
Save 20% off your order - Monday only!
Plus, get a $5 gift certificate when you spend $20 or more!
Hot on the heels of our Black Friday deals, we're offering even more great discounts with Cyber Monday! Starting at midnight tonight, when you buy $5 or more worth of riffs, we'll take 20% off your entire order (excluding gift certificates)! Save your hard-earned credits when buying MP3 commentaries, feature-length Video on Demand, and even our RiffTones music tracks!

Simply use the Coupon Code CYBERMONDAY during checkout!

But wait, there's more! Spend $20 or more during RiffTrax Cyber Monday, and we'll add a $5 gift certificate to your account!

This deal starts tonight at Midnight and will only last 24 hours. Don't miss it!
So I passed on the Black Friday sale, and looks like it was a good idea. Now I just have to build up $24+ cart of featured film Riffs and more Shorts, and buy it after midnight tonight.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
In lieu of the past few posts, I've just purchased the following items:

1× Over The Top $2.99
1× Road House $2.99
1× The Room $3.99
1× The Boy in the Plastic Bubble $9.99
1× What Are Letters For? $0.99
1× Boy of India: Rama and His Elephant $0.99
1× The Creeps Machine $0.99
1× Join Hands, Let Go! $0.99
1× Feelings: I'm Feeling Alone $0.99
1× A Boy of Mexico: Juan and his Donkey $0.99
1× Beginning Responsibility: Getting Ready for School $0.99
Subtotal: $26.89
Total after discount: $21.51

I have Tuesday off from work and it's going to be a pretty fun day.

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo they NEED to do Sleepaway Camp. I just watched it because of the newest How Did This Get Made and that movie is loving insane.

This is from a couple weeks ago, but I'm a big fan Hor-Riff-ic Productions' iRiffs and they've done this one, if you want to check it out. ($1.99)

http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/hor-riff-ic-productions/hor-riff-ic-sleepaway-camp

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Slasherfan posted:

Looking at the rest of the library of the company that distributed that film (Jack H. Harris), the rights are probably dirt cheap. However, they should only do this one if they acknowledge one of the best taglines in history: "The movie JR shot."

Also, finally picked up "The Guy From Harlem". Truly their best in a while.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

precision posted:

Somehow I missed that they even had one for Willy Wonka. I'm so on that poo poo.

Best thing about the Willy Wonka riff?

NEIL. PATRICK. HARRIS.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZi2OxoiWA

edit: Halfway through Over The Top and I absolutely hate this kid. The riff, however, more than makes up for him.

Locutus of Bald fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 28, 2012

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

You know it might just be time to retire that joke.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Bedurndurn posted:

You know it might just be time to retire that joke.

Only when Nick Nolte finally gets a new house.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Since I'm stuck at home with a toothache for the next few days I decided to treat myself to Buffalo Rider. What the hell am I watching. :stare:

e: When will this Bandit storyline end?

Wandering Knitter fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 30, 2012

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Since I'm stuck at home with a toothache for the next few days I decided to treat myself to Buffalo Rider. What the hell am I watching. :stare:

e: When will this Bandit storyline end?

Just wait until you get to hour four, when Bandit has the adventure of a lifetime getting mauled by seven bears.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Rifftrax teased their new holiday release with this:

:staredog:

If you want to spoil the surprise, it's from this cinematic masterpiece. Ice Cream Bunny, you have met your match.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Ballz posted:

Rifftrax teased their new holiday release with this:

:staredog:

If you want to spoil the surprise, it's from this cinematic masterpiece. Ice Cream Bunny, you have met your match.

I dunno, this looks terrifying as opposed to simply butt-fuckingly insane.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
This does look genuinely creepy, are we sure this isn't a horror film?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

This can't come out soon enough!

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I finished up Tourist Trap last night. Holy poo poo, that film gets legit disturbing towards the end. Luckily, the very solid riffing throughout lessens the tension.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Perc! Pop! Sprinkle! because it gives the loving At Your Fingertips cycle a run for its insanity.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Perc! Pop! Sprinkle! because it gives the loving At Your Fingertips cycle a run for its insanity.

It's true!

Do the Zoidberg!

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I somehow forgot I bought Trolls 2 on VoD and finally got around to watching it last night. Does anyone know what the hell was with that sex/corn scene?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's 'goblin' spelled backwards! :haw:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

I somehow forgot I bought Trolls 2 on VoD and finally got around to watching it last night. Does anyone know what the hell was with that sex/corn scene?

If you've never watched Best Worst Movie, it's full of info and speculation on such things. It's on Netflix in some countries, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So here's a cryptic post that Bill put on his twitter:

quote:

@BillCorbett: To RiffTrax fans who have asked: yes, shawarma will be served for Christmas.
https://twitter.com/billcorbett/status/275434795016802304
Seems like we'll be getting Avengers soon.

• Locked thread