Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
So does that mean Midoriya's dad can/could breathe fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nahxela posted:

So does that mean Midoriya's dad can/could breathe fire?

This is not a spoiler. It's been stated in Chapter 1.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

And yes, people have been making stupid ENDEAVOR MIGHT BE DEKU'S DAD!!!!!!!! theories for a longass time now.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Oh, it's been too long for me to remember.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Invisible girl in the hot springs from last chapter :allears:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I need to know who was screaming in that cave

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I assume it was Kouda. Being in a dark cave with creepy crawlies all around him seems like the perfect training for the guy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What I said about killler high school girls design:
I take back.

Shes like a mini Bane-hannibal lecter in that getup.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I went back to check if you were the one moaning about the manga being destroyed on the mere sight of her, but alas you merely called her design boring. Bit of a disappointment.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 19, 2015

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Huh, that's neat. It looks like Creation Girl's quirk works a lot like Atom Eve's in Invincible. Sero is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Also, did anyone notice that Class B has a stoic-looking birdguy too? I wonder if every class has one!

EDIT: Ah, and the Pussycats team is fantastic. All the characters are just so lively and animated, they're all so fantastically fun! I love how Ragdoll is a complete nutter!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Looks like Kouta inherited his parents' quirk(s). Seems like he partially blasted the side of the cave with water. Wonder if the Pussycats know about it or if he's purposely hiding it.

Think my favorite kid from Class B is the ogre-looking guy with glasses. He reminds me of Klaus V. Reinherz. :buddy:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

kidcoelacanth posted:

I need to know who was screaming in that cave

Pretty sure it's Tokoyami trying desperately to not get mauled by his own shadow.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

kinmik posted:

Looks like Kouta inherited his parents' quirk(s). Seems like he partially blasted the side of the cave with water. Wonder if the Pussycats know about it or if he's purposely hiding it.

Think my favorite kid from Class B is the ogre-looking guy with glasses. He reminds me of Klaus V. Reinherz. :buddy:

I thought that was the curry

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Twibbit posted:

I thought that was the curry

Thrown Curry would not make an impact and put a hole in a cave wall.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DrSunshine posted:

Huh, that's neat. It looks like Creation Girl's quirk works a lot like Atom Eve's in Invincible. Sero is quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Also, did anyone notice that Class B has a stoic-looking birdguy too? I wonder if every class has one!

EDIT: Ah, and the Pussycats team is fantastic. All the characters are just so lively and animated, they're all so fantastically fun! I love how Ragdoll is a complete nutter!

The moment I saw Ragdoll I thought, "Wow she looks weird. Kind of like a-" And then her name was revealed. "Well, there you go then."

I also like Tiger and how, unlike the others, he's apparently a rock/metal musician.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

And yes, people have been making stupid ENDEAVOR MIGHT BE DEKU'S DAD!!!!!!!! theories for a longass time now.

Thanks for reminding me of the v1 of chapter 1. poo poo was loving unreadable.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Waffleman_ posted:

Thanks for reminding me of the v1 of chapter 1. poo poo was loving unreadable.

Just about to post this.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Nice blackface in that second to last panel, cleaner.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Todoroki :unsmith:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I liked that panel too. :unsmith:

The Pussycats are fun characters. I hope we get to see what a well-oiled hero team like them looks like in action.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I really like how it subtly wraps up his character arc.

Also some of that quirk training is really loving grim. It really got me both times they showed Grapes bleeding from the head, and the rest weren't much better.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 19, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Since invisible girl can't really train her quirk I guess she just does normal physical training then? And maybe training to walk/run silently.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RatHat posted:

Since invisible girl can't really train her quirk I guess she just does normal physical training then? And maybe training to walk/run silently.

I'd be shocked if the result of her training isn't to make her invisibility on demand rather than permanent.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RatHat posted:

That is unless her quirk works differently than it seems at first glance.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gyges posted:

That is unless her quirk works differently than it seems at first glance.

It's gotta be. The omake casually let it slip that her Quirk hasn't been revealed yet. So it isn't simple invisibility.

I also think she's gonna turn out to be a turncoat. Invisible people are never what they appear to be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
She is kind of strange, in that most of the physically altered people still have quirks on top of that. Like the stone guy who can talk to animals. Though, there are also the people whose quirks are just their weird anatomies and don't need to be activated, such as the tail guy. poo poo's just weird, I guess.

Regardless, if her quirk is just to be invisible that is pretty useless unless she goes around naked all the time.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Serious Frolicking posted:

She is kind of strange, in that most of the physically altered people still have quirks on top of that. Like the stone guy who can talk to animals. Though, there are also the people whose quirks are just their weird anatomies and don't need to be activated, such as the tail guy. poo poo's just weird, I guess.

Some quirks are inherited from a single parent, some from both, and in some cases they can be entirely unrelated to the parents'. Kouda's most likely similar to Todoroki, in that they've got dual quirks inherited from both parents, while most of the other students seem to just have a single one. I'd also guess Tokoyami is similar but the bird head could just come alongside the shadow manipulation, who knows.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ragdoll is the best

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kuroyama posted:

It's more an issue of what and how you train. Just building muscle mass will initially improve speed as well, but after a while you'll need to include running into your regimen or else you'll plateau on your speed. Eddie Hall isn't setting speed records anytime soon, just like Usain Bolt isn't gonna set a powerlifting record.

You and the other poster who replied are definitely correct, but Midoriya is so skinny that any concerns about hitting this plateau aren't really relevant. I think it's more likely that this manga (like pretty much every other shounen manga) subscribes to the "physical strength is virtually unrelated to a person's muscle mass" model. They brought up Midoriya needing some basis of physical aptitude to handle One for All in the first place, but it seems like that may have just been a matter of him needing some basis rather than physical strength directly corresponding to the amount of power you can weird with One for All.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Imagine how hard it would be to operate on invisigirl

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
There is probably a doctor out there with x-ray vision.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

You and the other poster who replied are definitely correct, but Midoriya is so skinny that any concerns about hitting this plateau aren't really relevant. I think it's more likely that this manga (like pretty much every other shounen manga) subscribes to the "physical strength is virtually unrelated to a person's muscle mass" model. They brought up Midoriya needing some basis of physical aptitude to handle One for All in the first place, but it seems like that may have just been a matter of him needing some basis rather than physical strength directly corresponding to the amount of power you can weird with One for All.

Every character is either ripped (especially Iida, god drat) or at least clearly muscular.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Horikoshi went and saw Star Wars, and dressed up as Kylo Ren. Ahahah, he rules. :3:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

pandaK posted:

Contrast solutions are very useful, I imagine.

The idea that her invisibility is just an incidental inheritance, like birdguy's appearance, is interesting. I feel it's correct--especially since it's nowhere near as flexible as you would think it should be, given the other quirks we've seen.

MrCinos
Dec 20, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

You and the other poster who replied are definitely correct, but Midoriya is so skinny that any concerns about hitting this plateau aren't really relevant.

Is this supposed to be skinny?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the psycho-looking Pussycat is my new favorite character

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Roland Jones posted:

The moment I saw Ragdoll I thought, "Wow she looks weird. Kind of like a-" And then her name was revealed. "Well, there you go then."

I also like Tiger and how, unlike the others, he's apparently a rock/metal musician.

Excuse me this is a model of cat perfection not "weird"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Fabricated posted:

Horikoshi went and saw Star Wars, and dressed up as Kylo Ren. Ahahah, he rules. :3:

He has good taste in characters.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

pandaK posted:

Maybe it's only her skin that provides invisibility and her insides are 100% visible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gyges posted:

Maybe it's only her skin that provides invisibility and her insides are 100% visible.

That'll be terrifying if she ever takes a really nasty wound.