Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

There's room for only one snake, and only one Little D.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

You're all pretty good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This is the greatest archetype ever designed.

Six Samurai, more then enough to kill anything that moves.

Now I'll show you why they call me...Shien.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I Dueled in College you know.
Could've gone Pro if I hadn't joined Academia.
I'm not one of those XYZ pansies.

I could break the Duel King in two!
WITH MY BARE DRAWS!

Emperordaein
Jul 1, 2013
"Academia sent us straight to hell. But we're going even deeper! Take back everything we lost!"

"Shun... I'm already an Archfiend..."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yuya, try to remember the basics of Missing the Timing.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
(Slams wall) They activated us like a drat Trap Card!!!!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Every man will be free to make his own format!

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
You like Duelists of the Roses, don't you?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm no Elemental Hero. Never was, never will be.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can't wait 'till we get to Leo, tho

"'I have a dream.' That one day every duelist in this multiverse will control their own meta. A dimension of the truly traditional formats, dammit. A dimension of action, not rulings, ruled by strength, not tournament judges! Where the timing changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where the limited and forbiddens are back where they belong: in the hands of the duelists! Where every man is free to think - to build decks - for himself! gently caress all these limp-dick nekroz and chickenshit qliphort. gently caress this 24-hour Internet spew of trivia and anime bullshit! gently caress tournament pride! gently caress the media! gently caress ALL OF IT! Tournaments are diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving them - we need to pull dueling out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes, a new dimension will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive - free to live as they see fit, they'll make dueling great again! ...In my new dimension, people will die and duel for what they BELIEVE! Not for rare cards. not for staples! Not for what they're told is competitive. Every man will be free to duel his own wars!"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm really trying to parse Huey ranting about D-Dog being a wolf and not a dog into a yugioh thing, but I can't get there right now.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I said my Cyber Dragons were tools of justice. Not tools of anger, not used in vengeance. But now... now I'm not so sure. And besides... these aren't my Cyber Dragons. :unsmigghh:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I learned young that depleting your opponent's Life Points felt good. Really good. In Duel Academy, my friends, my family...they helped me forget the shadows inside...but who am I kidding? I was born to send people to the Shadow Realm! The bit about my Cyber Dragons, that "means of justice" stuff? I guess I just needed something to keep "the Kaiser" in check when I was knee-deep in Duel Discs...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

One must lose and one must win. No draw, no rematch. The winner will carry on the duel. It is our destiny.

The one who wins will inherit the title of King of Games. And the one who inherits the title of King of Games will face an existence of endless dueling. I'll give you twenty turns. In twenty turns, Final Countdown will resolve and end the duel. If you can beat me in less than twenty turns, you'll be able to escape in time.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
You aren't the only one to grow up on the dueling fields. Dueling is a cruel parent, but an effective teacher. Its final lesson is carved deep in my psyche: that this world, and all of its timing, are diseased. Fusion Summoning is a myth. XYZ Summoning is a joke. We are all pawns of something even greater: deck strategies, the DNA of the heart. They shape our battle phase. They are the end phase. They are everything we pass on. Expose someone to anger long enough, they will learn to duel. They become a carrier. Stall, burn, Exodia lockdown: all strategies, all passed on. You can't fight nature, Yuya. Wind blows, rain falls, and the monsters with higher Attack Points defeat the ones with lower Attack Points. Crow tells me you see your ace monster as a "tool": something that saves lives, a means of entertainment. Now, there's a pretty strategy! Exquisite! It spared you the burden of all the souls you've sent to the Shadow Realm, absolved you of guilt when you enjoyed it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Onmi posted:

I'm really trying to parse Huey ranting about D-Dog being a wolf and not a dog into a yugioh thing, but I can't get there right now.

"No matter what way you look at it, it's a Fusion, not an XYZ!"

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Tsukikage, Reira wanted me to tell you ... that he finally cooked the eggwiches right.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

QQ: Which Characters From The Television Series Would Be On Your Team?

Two said Crow and nobody said Jack, which proves that we get what we deserve.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Dabir posted:

QQ: Which Characters From The Television Series Would Be On Your Team?

Two said Crow and nobody said Jack, which proves that we get what we deserve.

One wanted Tea/Anzu, and she's the worst.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pegasus and Yuya is the best answer, goddamn.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

VJeff posted:

Pegasus and Yuya is the best answer, goddamn.

I would love to see Yuya's reaction to loving Toon Monsters.

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

all this talk of metal gear and no one remember they already put snake in yugioh

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks more like Raiden to me

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I can't explain this. I really can't. It's all Slur's fault.

All of two minutes in MSPaint.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

New monsters for the movie:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Calling it: The Kuriboh is called Kurikuriboh and it's some kind of awful pun.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Effect: Find a timer and set it for 20 seconds. Say "Kuri" repeatedly. Then, apply one of these effects:
-Your opponent takes damage equal to the number of instances of "Kuri" x 10.
-You regain Life Points equal to the number of instances of "Kuri" x 10.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Dabir posted:

Calling it: The Kuriboh is called Kurikuriboh and it's some kind of awful pun.

Its actually Kuriboboboh. Think of the first one as an afro, then it all comes together.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

They look like grapes to me... :crossarms:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Silento posted:

They look like grapes to me... :crossarms:

That would fit in with the new Magician Girls, who are Lemon Magician Girl and Apple Magician Girl.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad the fanta girls found some way to make their comeback.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
All of this is reminding me of Pyramid of Light all over again.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

This new style for the faces looks weird

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Tea is the only one that looks different. :psyduck:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Bakura looks kind of chubby and there's something off about Tristan. Joey and Mokuba look the same though.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Mokuba got a haircut.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Haha that is Mokuba? I assumed it was a new character. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless