Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

I genuinely can't tell what's going on with this game.

Bet on Man posted:

Bet on Man is a game that you have to be lucky, but only lucky is not enough. It is no use getting lucky if you are not fast enough. To win you need have focus, not attract attention. Sometimes you will have to be cautious, but sometimes it will be better to risk everything. Use the tools you have available with intellingence.

Bet on one of the men and hope to be the winner... or... Choose one of the men, give him the attributes correctly and make him the winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tobermory posted:

pretty straightforward imo

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Anybody check out the YouTube videos (or played) war of rights?

It appears to be a real boring civil war simulation that plenty of "I wish the south won" corn fed folk play. It's a bunch of standing in line and firing into smoke and taking orders.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
You can't fool me, that's the timeline to Primer, not a screenshot of a game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Given that the game is called "War of Rights" i recommend you spend your time not playing it and absolutely not giving them money.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tobermory posted:

as Wesley Snipes once said: always bet on man

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Barudak posted:

Given that the game is called "War of Rights" i recommend you spend your time not playing it and absolutely not giving them money.
Pretty much what I did.

Seemed like it’d be a fun game, saw good reviews, but then YouTube’d it.

There’s a lot of people playing they have 150 vs. 150 in some games. The graphics are very good but it’s not cleaned up i.e. clipping in wagons.

It seems like you can be a soldier who has a musket, an officer whose role is to use binoculars and create imaginary lines for people to form up at and shoot from, or a flag bearer whose sole purpose is to be a mobile spawn point.

I’m guessing the good reviews come from people who probably do civil war re-enactments in their past time.

Maybe I should be a video game programmer that makes games to take advantage of mentally ill people ie war of rights, star citizen, etc. That seems to be where the money is.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Runaktla posted:

Pretty much what I did.

Seemed like it’d be a fun game, saw good reviews, but then YouTube’d it.

There’s a lot of people playing they have 150 vs. 150 in some games. The graphics are very good but it’s not cleaned up i.e. clipping in wagons.

It seems like you can be a soldier who has a musket, an officer whose role is to use binoculars and create imaginary lines for people to form up at and shoot from, or a flag bearer whose sole purpose is to be a mobile spawn point.

I’m guessing the good reviews come from people who probably do civil war re-enactments in their past time.

Maybe I should be a video game programmer that makes games to take advantage of mentally ill people ie war of rights, star citizen, etc. That seems to be where the money is.

To be fair, Napoleonic Wars, the Mount and Blade addon, had a class... actually several classes, who went into battle carrying nothing but flutes and drums and other instruments. It didn't give no benefit to their team, they couldn't fight without it and there were no respawns in that game.

So maybe this game is targeting the people who played the poo poo out of M&B multiplayer and can't be arsed to wait for Bannerlord to finally release.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kikas posted:

To be fair, Napoleonic Wars, the Mount and Blade addon, had a class... actually several classes, who went into battle carrying nothing but flutes and drums and other instruments. It didn't give no benefit to their team, they couldn't fight without it and there were no respawns in that game.

God now I'm visualizing a game, Battle of the Bands

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

God now I'm visualizing a game, Battle of the Bands

You mean Brutal Legend?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

You mean Brutal Legend?

No, no superpowers, no fantasy, just like an ARMA or Mount & Blade map with a 150 v 150 awkward, glitchy melee among people in fully kitted marching band uniforms and instruments.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
sneakyfrog: combat flutist

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Discendo Vox posted:

No, no superpowers, no fantasy, just like an ARMA or Mount & Blade map with a 150 v 150 awkward, glitchy melee among people in fully kitted marching band uniforms and instruments.
No melee, you get frags by shooting audio waves at the enemy. Those waves get more powerful the more you're able to synchronize your instrument with 150 other players on your team into real-life battle marches from the period.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
Is there a pride counter and a dance off?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

The White Dragon posted:

pretty straightforward imo

how did you get a screenshot of my desktop

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Throw in a Paris is Burning style drag ball and you've got a real hit on your hands.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Kikas posted:

So maybe this game is targeting the people who played the poo poo out of M&B multiplayer and can't be arsed to wait for Bannerlord to finally release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6c4CP_YN3Q

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Runaktla posted:

Anybody check out the YouTube videos (or played) war of rights?

It appears to be a real boring civil war simulation that plenty of "I wish the south won" corn fed folk play. It's a bunch of standing in line and firing into smoke and taking orders.

This sounds like a game that's absolutely ripe to get trolled by goons.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

So, there are lots of these MS-paint-looking graphics in lovely indie games. It's super easy to write them off as being terrible, but are there any that actually have fun / interesting gameplay, I wonder? Surely there's someone somewhere that knows how to program + design fun gameplay, but has no artistic skill and figures something like this is good enough.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CodfishCartographer posted:

So, there are lots of these MS-paint-looking graphics in lovely indie games. It's super easy to write them off as being terrible, but are there any that actually have fun / interesting gameplay, I wonder? Surely there's someone somewhere that knows how to program + design fun gameplay, but has no artistic skill and figures something like this is good enough.

Daniel Remar has made some really good games with rough art. Some of his work, like Iji and Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt, is free to download.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lethal League is fun despite looking like flaming rear end.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Really Pants posted:

Daniel Remar has made some really good games with rough art. Some of his work, like Iji and Princess Remedy in a World of Hurt, is free to download.

Huh, I played both Princess Remedy games and thought they looked great. Didn't know about the rest of his stuff, I'll check them out!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This I don't agree with, Lethal League looks fuckin great :colbert:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Undertale :smuggo:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i'll accept it, this is the terrible games thread after all

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:hmmyes:

but your honor it was a gesture

i didnt say anything

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

voidspire tactics is good

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

I heard goons in the roguelikes thread saying positive things about Dream Quest. It's some kind of roguelikey dungeon-exploring deck-building game, I guess like slay the spire but 5 years earlier and with MSPaint art.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

huh?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
This page is having a real bad day sticking to the topic of Terrible Awful games.

Undertale isn't everybody's cup of tea but it's perfectly fine and functional.

War Of Rights is a pretty decent game that just happens to have chosen the worst name imaginable and be a honeypot for racism.

Lethal League is good. Just good.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

This I don't agree with, Lethal League looks fuckin great :colbert:

Lethal League Blaze looks good. The art got very noticeably cleaned up for it and a lot of my problems with the first game's aesthetic are totally rectified in the sequel.

Meanwhile, the first game's art makes most people I've tried to play the game with go "JESUS gently caress MY EYES".

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

War Of Rights is a pretty decent game that just happens to have chosen the worst name imaginable and be a honeypot for racism.

It's more than fair to call War of Rights terrible even if the game play is competent by shovelware standards. I don't believe for one hot second that the name was picked for any reason other than getting cash from "Great Lost Cause" chuds.

Really Pants posted:

I had no idea that both Princess Remedy and Iji were made by the same guy. Both are great, but nothing alike.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

I dont know posted:

It's more than fair to call War of Rights terrible even if the game play is competent by shovelware standards. I don't believe for one hot second that the name was picked for any reason other than getting cash from "Great Lost Cause" chuds.

It may have a terrible name but it's definitely not shovelware. It's not anything close.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This page is having a real bad day sticking to the topic of Terrible Awful games.

Undertale isn't everybody's cup of tea but it's perfectly fine and functional.

Lethal League is good. Just good.

What is good about war of rights, seems boring and super one dimensional in play style.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
e: whoops this was the wrong thread

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 18, 2019

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I don’t understand the problem. I’m not saying the art is amazing, but it certainly never struck me as ugly. and the ball effects when it gets launched really hard are cool

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

b_d posted:

I don’t understand the problem. I’m not saying the art is amazing, but it certainly never struck me as ugly. and the ball effects when it gets launched really hard are cool

Yeah Lethal League looks very good. The animations themselves also have a nice heft to them, really selling home the feeling of cracking a ball through the sound barrier into the loving stratosphere. The game is super stylish and looks great, there's more to art than just the literal detail and fidelity of the characters and settings.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah Lethal League 1 is ugly is a weird take but you do you.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Anyway, back to bad games:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/601520/Sirius_Age_of_the_Free_Agents/

I can't confirm its badness, but I was very underwhelmed with its first impression [trailer, screenshots, etc.]. E: Oh, and half the time I see "Twitch-integrated" I become worried for its quality.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I'm late to the party but can everyone go back to bagging on YIIK again for a bit because I :actually: can't let that thing slide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
There's two ongoing LPs you can do that there.