Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs. Zack Sabre Jr., RevPro High Stakes, 2/14/20

This is up on NJPWWorld at https://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_142_1_01. It looks like it's already crossed the MOTYC threshold, but it's really great. If you haven't watched it yet, you should.

Was one of my top 3 matches of the first half of the year. Very good match that will probably get overlooked because February was such a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I don't have it quite as high, but I really, really liked it. I've got it on par with stuff like Omega-Mox and Ryu Lee-Takahashi.

HM: Bea Priestley vs. Momo Watanabe, STARDOM Yokohama Cinderella, October 3

I'm slowly getting through this show. This wasn't quite a MOTYC but it was fast paced and hard hitting.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs Tony Deppen., Final Battle 12/18

Awesome match.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TheJunkyardGod posted:

MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs Tony Deppen., Final Battle 12/18

Awesome match.

I'll go HM

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

HM - NOAH The Gift December 19th
Daisuke Harada vs Tadasuke
Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

SG Bamboo posted:

Sugiura-gun (Takashi Sugiura and Kazushi Sakuraba) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura

2nd.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

2nd these

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

SG Bamboo posted:

yeah, I'll Nth. The tag in particular was very solid.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are also from Yokohama Cinderella on October 3.

HM: Starlight Kid vs. AZM
HM: Jungle Kyona & Konami vs. Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM - Dragon Gate Final Gate 12/20/2020 - Brave Gate Title Match - Keisuke Okuda vs Kagetora

Hard hitting match, very fun.

MOTYC - same show - RED vs Toryumon Generation, No DQ Elimination Losing Unit Disbands Match

What a statement. What a match.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Dec 20, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I Before E posted:

HM - Dragon Gate Final Gate 12/20/2020 - Brave Gate Title Match - Keisuke Okuda vs Kagetora

2nd

MOTYC
20th December
Dragon Gate Final Gate 2020
Elimination Tag Match
RED vs Toryumon

loving ruled

HM
20th December
Open The Twin Gate Title
BxB Hulk & KAI vs Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Starlight Kid vs. AZM, STARDOM Yokohama Cinderella, Oct 3

These are also from Yokohama Cinderella on October 3.

HM: Starlight Kid vs. AZM

You liked this one so much you nominated it twice!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Ah, sorry. I accidentally sorted my list of matches to watch and got the Stardom stuff all out of whack.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha no problem at all, I just enjoyed the thought of you watching the match twice and eagerly giving it two identical but separate HM ratings without remembering you'd already seen it.

I think at least once in the past somebody has accidentally nominated the same match twice but gave one a MOTYC rating and the other an HM, which was fun :)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
20th December
Open The Dream Gate Title
Shun Skywalker vs Ben-K

Very close to MOTYC but for a slightly odd and uncomfortable ending caused by what looked like a legit KO

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20th December
Shun Skywalker vs Ben-K

Very close to MOTYC but for a slightly odd and uncomfortable ending caused by what looked like a legit KO

Seconded.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Haha no problem at all, I just enjoyed the thought of you watching the match twice and eagerly giving it two identical but separate HM ratings without remembering you'd already seen it.

I think at least once in the past somebody has accidentally nominated the same match twice but gave one a MOTYC rating and the other an HM, which was fun :)

I think that was me and I actually did watch that match twice and didn’t realize it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I Before E posted:

MOTYC - same show - RED vs Toryumon Generation, No DQ Elimination Losing Unit Disbands Match

What a statement. What a match.

Nth both of these. Unit disbands match had me hootin' n hollerin' like the most cornfed yokel mark you ever done seen.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20th December
Open The Twin Gate Title
BxB Hulk & KAI vs Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki

2n d. Loved watching two cranky old men fight some no good punks.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20th December
Shun Skywalker vs Ben-K

Nth. I really wanted to give this a MOTYC nod because it was really a phenomenal match until the KO.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 21, 2020

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Syuri vs. Mayu Iwatani, STARDOM Yokohama Cinderella, October 3

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Sasha Banks vs. Carmella, WWE TLC, 12/20

This is not an ironic nomination. It was actually quite good.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
11th December
Michinoku Pro Wrestling 2020 Tokyo Volume 2 - Rikisen Funto
Great Space War 15
Muno Taiyo (Brahman Kei, Brahman Shu & The Great Sasuke), Abdullah Marshmallow (Abdullah Kobayashi) & Ultraman Robin (w/Naked Joker) vs. Dr. Aykroyd No. 2 (Yapper Man 2), Dr. Murray No. 1 (Yapper Man 1), GAINA Kong (GAINA), Indie Jones (Taro Nohashi) & Obake no DJ Lee Taro

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Sasha Banks vs. Carmella, WWE TLC, 12/20

This is not an ironic nomination. It was actually quite good.

Honestly enjoyable, 2nd

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

HM: Roman Reigns Vs Kevin Owens TLC Match, TLC 12/20/20

This is the fued that should have went with instead of Jey and Roman

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
edit: wrong thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WMOTYC: The Fiend Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton in an Inferno Match - TLC 12/20

Just utter dogshit, and that ending (after ignoring Bray was already set on fire once) was painfully bad.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Just utter dogshit, and that ending (after ignoring Bray was already set on fire once) was painfully bad.

2nd, lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Fiend matches are trash. This was nothing but punching, walking around the ring, and production kicking the gas on the flames up every time there was a bump. Absolute cartoon.

e: I even forgot the ridiculous no selling and laughing at the beginning. I hate the Fiend gimmick so so much.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: CM Punk vs Samoa Joe, ROH: 6/12

Punk came into this match kind of cold, sure he is tag champ but he hasn't had a big singles win in awhile and he just traded wins for the tag titles a couple shows ago. He also lost to Joe last year! But what an incredible match. Sixty minutes and the crowd was with this the whole time. The angle after the match was great too! The exchange right before the ending was electric. Hope they do a rematch, they have to right?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Oh hey Marvelous uploaded Takumi Iroha & Syuri vs Asuka & Nyla Rose from their Korakuen Hall show on December 8th last year. I'd nominate it but I don't know the rules for something that happened last year but didn't see the light of day until this year.

Anyway watch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF2eKFT6NjE

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
20th December
Elimination Tag Match
RED vs Toryumon

loving ruled

Nth. Absolute thrill ride, I can't even remember when my heart was pumping while watching wrestling. Match of the Year, sorry Go.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Oh hey Marvelous uploaded Takumi Iroha & Syuri vs Asuka & Nyla Rose from their Korakuen Hall show on December 8th last year. I'd nominate it but I don't know the rules for something that happened last year but didn't see the light of day until this year.

Anyway watch it

tks for the heads up, the only prob is that it sucks to be reminded of the contrast in crowd noise pre covid

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Yep

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Anyway watch it

I second this recommendation: got the DVD of this show and this is a very good match. I don't know if they'll upload it to YouTube but the Iroha-Nagayo match from this show is worth a watch as well: its not an all time classic or anything but when you consider that Chigusa Nagayo was 55 and this was her first big proper singles match in 14 years (last one before was her putting over Meiko in the last GAEA show; some symmetry there) its really impressive.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
From Goddesses of Stardom Tag League Night 8 on November 7:

HM: Bea Priestley & Konami vs. Giulia & Maika
HM: AZM, Hina & Momo Watanabe vs. Mayu Iwatani, Mina Shirakawa & Tam Nakano

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Kota Ibushi/Juice Robinson/SHO vs. Jay White/KENTA/Gedo, NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome, 22/12

Fun house show match featuring Jay White at maximum dickhead levels

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

HM: Kota Ibushi/Juice Robinson/SHO vs. Jay White/KENTA/Gedo, NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome, 22/12

Fun house show match featuring Jay White at maximum dickhead levels

:yeah:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

HM: Maki Itoh vs. Miyu Yamashita Tokyo Joshi Pro-Wrestling Se~No Merry Christmas! 2020, broadcast 22/12/2020

Very enjoyable brief match between two of TJPW's best. Not the final chapter of their story but a really good one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Satoshi Kojima/Toa Henare vs. KENTA/Jay White, NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome, 23/12

This match was meant to be setting up KENTA's briefcase defence at the Dome but Juice has injured his orbital bone so he's out and instead this is about Henare standing up to Bullet Club's two biggest dickheads by himself and looking like an absolute beast

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

HM: Satoshi Kojima/Toa Henare vs. KENTA/Jay White, NJPW Road to Tokyo Dome, 23/12

This match was meant to be setting up KENTA's briefcase defence at the Dome but Juice has injured his orbital bone so he's out and instead this is about Henare standing up to Bullet Club's two biggest dickheads by himself and looking like an absolute beast

Nth. Good strong boy stood up to bullies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi - Best of the Super Juniors Final 12/11

Crazy loving match, I thought it was going to go off the rails early on after a botch but it recovered and just kept getting better and better. The moment where El Desperado got so angry he just tore the remains of his mask off and he and Hiromu started slapping the poo poo out of each other was absolutely loving incredible.

Man. Nth this. Just...man. it was very good and the mask came off and it went off the charts.