Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello

Tarnop posted:

AEW Dynamite 10/18

HM: Death Triangle vs. Best Friends
HM: Hikaru Shida vs. Toni Storm
HM: Dalton Castle vs. Chris Jericho

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MOTYC
27th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Night 7
Go Shiozaki vs Masato Tanaka

HM
27th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Night 7
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Satoshi Kojima

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flatluigi posted:

HM: Athena v Jody Threat, AEW Dark Elevation 10/18 (timestamped:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxbuqWbO4_0&t=659s

hey, athena kicks rear end

mostly calling it out specifically for being on elevation and people might overlook it

Nth, funny you said people might overlook it since it's the most talked about match of the week!

Honestly might deserve a MOTYC because it has worked people harder than any match this year.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
DPW Forever 4/16

HM: Diego Hill vs Andrew Everett vs BK Westbrook vs Gringo Loco
HM: Colby Corino vs Donnie Ray
HM: The Reality vs The Workhorsemen

solid show, really enjoyed everything on it but stuck to nominating the stuff that popped me biggest

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: David Finlay vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW Burning Spirit, 9/25

I've also been TJPW-pilled

MOTYC: Maki Ito vs. Hikari Noa, Tokyo Joshi Pro '22, 1/4
MOTYC: Mizuki vs. Miyu Yamashita, Tokyo Joshi Pro '22, 1/4
HM: Hyper Misao vs. Sanshiro Takagi, Grand Princess, 3/19
HM: Yuki Arai vs. Maki Ito, Grand Princess, 3/19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Punch McLightning posted:

I've also been TJPW-pilled

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:stwoon:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God :perfect:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
This is Important Work.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hahaha

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I love you fuckers. Making loving Achewood edits to celebrate me figuring out that Maki Itoh is actually a good in-ring performer.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Aussie Open vs. FTR, NJPW Royal Quest II, Oct. 1
MOTYC: Shota Umino vs. Will Ospreay, NJPW Royal Quest II, Oct. 1

HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yota Tsuji, NJPW Royal Quest II, Oct. 2
HM: Young Guns vs. Hiromu Takahashi & SANADA, NJPW Royal Quest II, Oct. 2
HM: Juice Robinson vs. Ren Narita, NJPW Strong, Oct. 8
HM: SANADA vs. Taichi, NJPW Battle Autumn, Oct. 16

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 10/21

HM: The Acclaimed vs. Varsity Athletes
HM: HOOK vs. Ari Daivari
MOTYC: 10 vs. Orange Cassidy vs. Rush

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Freelance Wrestling - Don't Look Under the Ring - 10/21 (viewable on iwtv)

HM: Bang Bros vs Jordan Oliver and Nick Wayne

First time seeing Nick Wayne in person :stare:. This match slapped.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Raising An Army Night 2 ~ King's Spirit ~ October 22nd
MOTYC
Rising HAYATO vs Shuji Ishikawa
- Looking at the tape this is a bit of a mismatch, Shuji is three times Hayato's size and has three times the experience, but this didn't stop Hayato from throwing everything at the giant to keep him down. Outside of a spot near the very end where Hayato under rotated a moonsault body press everything was great, a fantastic sub-10 minute match between the past and future of the promotion

Kento Miyahara (c) vs Takao Omori - Triple Crown
- Most this was really good if not up to the standards of Kento's usual big matches, plus it seemed like since it was such a foregone conclusion, but holy poo poo the nearfalls in the last few minutes had me bouncing in my chair, they actually got me thinking a couple of times that Kento was going to lose to this dude

HM
Gungnir of Anarchy (Yusuke Kodama, Ryuki Honda, Shotaro Ashino and Seigo Tachibana) vs Jake Lee, Hokuto Omori, Yuma Aoyagi and Atsuki Aoyagi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
28th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Night 8
Masakatsu Funaki vs Takashi Sugiura

Only seen the first half of this show but this stood out. It's loving vicious. Just short & brutal.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
28th August
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Night 8
Kaito Kiyomiya vs Satoshi Kojima

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM - Wes Lee vs. Carmelo Hayes vs. Von Wagner vs. Nathan Frazier vs. Oro Mensah, NXT Halloween Havoc, 10/22

Fun spot fest

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
MOTYC: The Mega Bastards (Colon and Murdoch) (c) vs Second Gear Crew (Mancer and Justice) vs. Los Mazisos (Ciclope and Miedo Extremo) - GCW: Drop Dead - 10/22/22

Holy loving poo poo this match owns. Just a solid fun, hardcore gently caress fest, 6 person deathmatch.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC: The Mega Bastards (Colon and Murdoch) (c) vs Second Gear Crew (Mancer and Justice) vs. Los Mazisos (Ciclope and Miedo Extremo) - GCW: Drop Dead - 10/22/22

Holy loving poo poo this match owns. Just a solid fun, hardcore gently caress fest, 6 person deathmatch.

I didn't know Rob Black bought GCW!

(This is not a vote, just a joke, I have not seen this match)

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SalTheBard posted:

This might have been better on video (or maybe the stage seats were really just that bad), match was good with some absurd spots but had a lot of dead time. I'll give it an HM

From the same show:

HM: Cole radrick v Blake Christian
HM: Jimmy Lloyd v Hoodfoot
MOTYC: Yamato v Johnathan Gresham
MOTYC: Nick Wayne v Komander v Gringo Loco v Antonio San Francisco
HM: Tommy Vendetta v Shane Mercer
HM:Shiho Hong v Jordan Oliver

Really good show!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CMLL 89 Aniversario 9/16

HM: Mistico vs Angel de Oro vs Volador Jr
HM: Reyna Isis vs La Jarochita
MOTYC: Atlantis Jr. vs Stuka Jr

The three way is just a very fun match with lots of cool spots and a fun finish.

The two mask matches are definitely worth seeing. The women's match is INSANE, they went really hard and kind of botched some stuff but in a way where it just makes the match look out of control and chaotic. Really impressive given how bad Isis used to be.

Atlantis Jr vs Stuka Jr is fantastic, has one of the best false finishes of the year (the crowd bit so loud it freaked out my cat) and the final stretch is really great in general. Great celebration after too.

You can watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KikkXQrgcc

They draw different kinds of crowds and an Arena Mexico crowd is probably going to be louder bell to bell than an AAA crowd but the difference in heat for these two mask matches compared to Penta vs Villano is night and day. The crowd is going crazy for these and was downright quiet for the first half of Penta vs Villano.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 23, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

God Bless DDT October 23rd
MOTYC
Takeshi Masada and HARASHIMA vs Hikaru Machida and Soma Takao
- The energy here was fantastic, Masada and Machida made up for their lack of experience by beating the poo poo out of each other

Yuji Hino, Chris Brookes and Naomi Yoshimura vs Tetsuya Endo, MAO and Yukio Naya
- A real goddamn fun odd couples tag match to act as a preview of the D-Oh starting in a couple of weeks, with a great mix of comedy and guys just leathering each other raw. It's actually incredible how The Best Yuji Hino is considering how limited he is in ring, he's drat near perfect

Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Yukio Sakaguchi - KO-D Openweight Championship
- An old badass and a slightly younger badass go to war. Higuchi is fighting not only to keep his title and represent the company, but also to show his former partner that he's evolved since leaving Eruption. Higuchi's nose gets hosed up but because he's a monster he just gets back to beating Sakaguchi until he's tender like a champion should. Didn't like it as much as Higuchi's last defence against Takeshita, but goddamn this is something i'd watch again in an instant

A show of two halfs. There was too much Pheromones and a couple of matches that were fine but nothing special, then we get these absolute bangers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Kazusada Higuchi (C) vs. Yukio Sakaguchi for the KO-D Openweight Championship - God Bless DDT 10/23

Two badasses who are also good friends and former teammates beat the utter poo poo out of each other for our entertainment in this, the "comedy" promotion of CyberAgent. I'm not sure if the ending went exactly as planned, but it was still drat good and delivered exactly what was promised in terms of these guys not giving their friend the slightest mercy in their quest to either retain or win the title.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
HM: Yuji Hino, Chris Brookes and Naomi Yoshimura vs Tetsuya Endo, MAO and Yukio Naya
MOTYC: Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Yukio Sakaguchi - KO-D Openweight Championship

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

MOTY: Bobby Beverly vs Ron Mathis, 60 minute iron man deathmatch
Paradigm Pro Wrestling 5ive, October 22

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NJPW Battle Autumn October 23rd
HM
House of Torture (SHO, EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi) (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi and Hikuleo - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Championships

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

NJPW Battle Autumn October 23rd
HM
House of Torture (SHO, EVIL and Yujiro Takahashi) (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi and Hikuleo - NEVER Openweight 6-Man Championships

2nd. Love The House. Love SHO

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Stardom 10.22.2022 Korakuen Hall IWGP Women's Round 1

HM:
-Utami Hyashishita vs Himeka
-Momo Watanabe vs Mayu Iwatani

You may have seen the gifs floating around from the second match but the Utami/Himeka match was better IMO. They were both fantastic and if they were longer, I'd probably be nominating both for MOTYC. Also the Momo/Mayu match contained a lot of the usual Oedo Tai bullshit

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Kazusada Higuchi (c) vs Yukio Sakaguchi - KO-D Openweight Championship
- An old badass and a slightly younger badass go to war. Higuchi is fighting not only to keep his title and represent the company, but also to show his former partner that he's evolved since leaving Eruption. Higuchi's nose gets hosed up but because he's a monster he just gets back to beating Sakaguchi until he's tender like a champion should. Didn't like it as much as Higuchi's last defence against Takeshita, but goddamn this is something i'd watch again in an instant
Nth

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GWF’s show Chaos City 7 (23/10) just ended a couple of hours ago

Good show, although GWF seems to routinely do 3+ hour shows which seems a bit long. Anyway, had fun and saw some v. good wrassles.

HM: Péter Thanyi vs Erkan Sulcani - https://youtu.be/hoPTycQpnzA?t=2343 or 39:00 if the timestamp doesn’t work

Really slick match, I like both of these guys a lot

Axel Tischer vs Pascal Spalter - https://youtu.be/hoPTycQpnzA?t=7940 or at around 2:12:30 if the timestamp doesn’t work

Axel Tischer is the man formerly known as Alexander Wolfe in NXT UK. Match took a bit of time to get going but when it did, it got good.

HM: Toni Harting (c) vs Joey Cabray, GWF World Championship - https://youtu.be/hoPTycQpnzA?t=11580 or at 3:13:00 if the timestamp doesn’t work

There’s a reason this guy is GWF’s champion, he is really loving good. The crowd had zero idea who Joey Cabray but got into him a whole lot as this match went on.

GWF is some good wrestling, I highly recommend it y’all. There will be a match at the next event that I’m VERY hyped about, two of my favs in the promotion thus far will be having a singles match… if it is as good as I think it could be, I’ll nominate it for MOTYC

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
31st August
SEAdLINNNG Shin-Kiba Night!
Miyuki Takase & Yuu vs Nao Ishikawa & Totoro Satsuki

HM
31st August
SEAdLINNNG Shin-Kiba Night!
Hiroyo Matsumoto & Itsuki Aoki vs Las Fresa de Egoistas (ASUKA & Makoto)

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Taxman posted:

This might have been better on video (or maybe the stage seats were really just that bad), match was good with some absurd spots but had a lot of dead time. I'll give it an HM

From the same show:
MOTYC: Yamato v Johnathan Gresham

Really good show!

2nd. A+ technical match. Always love when YAMATO gets a chance to grapplefuck with someone who will hold up their end of the match.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
HM: Utami Hayashishita vs. Mayu Iwatani (IWGP Women's Title Tournament Semi Final Match) 23 October.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Axiom vs. Nathan Frazer, NXT September 6

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
3rd September
Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Grand Finals
N-1 Victory Final
Hideki Suzuki vs Kaito Kiyomiya

HM
19th October
ZERO1 Tenka-ichi Junior Tournament Finals
Tenka-ichi A Block
Jun Masaoka vs Shoki Kitamura

HM
19th October
ZERO1 World Heavyweight Title
Masato Tanaka vs Daisuke Sekimoto

MOTYC
19th October
Tenka-ichi Tournament Final
Shoki Kitamura vs Tatsuhito Takaiwa

Yes, I'm saying it: ZERO1's Junior tournament had a better final night than NOAH's Heavyweight tournament. You can see this for yourself by watching it here: https://vk.com/club4499945?w=wall-4499945_23234

Kitamura is real good & I wish he'd turn up somewhere like All Japan to get more exposure outside of a promotion that makes tape about 9 times a year

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
9th October
Big Japan New Standard Big B ~ Must Go On Night 1
Saikyo Tag League A Block
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Hiroyuki Suzuki & Takuho Kato

HM
10th October
Big Japan New Standard Big B ~ Must Go On Night 2
Saikyo Tag League A Block
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura) vs Kazumi Kikuta & Kohei Sato)

HM
10th October
BJW Junior Heavyweight Title
Kota Sekifuda vs Kazuki Hashimoto

MOTYC
10th October
BJW World Strong Heavyweight Title
Yuji Okabayashi vs Daichi Hashimoto

If you only watch one match from these shows, make it the main event of Night 2. Kazuki Hashimoto beat the hell out of Sekifuda to a real fun match, and Astronauts are Astronauts. Good stuff

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Oil! posted:

AAA Triplemania XXX III: Mexico City, 10/15/2022

HM: Hermanos Lee vs Los Vipers vs Arez & Willie Mack vs Komander & Myzteziz Jr.
Willie Mack got to dance with a meme and Komander does Komander things

HM: Taya Valkyrie vs Kamille

MOTYC: El Hijo del Vikingo vs Rey Fenix

MOTYC: Pentagon Jr. vs Villano IV

These matches have made it to youtube for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Viking vs Fenix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_JhRnT8vg&t=1931s

Penta vs Villano IV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8_JhRnT8vg&t=4262s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
23rd October
Prominence Red Flame Always In The Heart
Suzu Suzuki 10 Deathmatch Series Match 4
Suzu Suzuki vs Toru Sugiura

Boy, this rules. Standard deathmatch warning applies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y4q___vb9Q