Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

"and then he opened the dead pig's mouth with one hand, and with his other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

oddium posted:

"and then he opened the dead pig's mouth with one hand, and with his other

So is there anything actually to this story? Or is it just a hilarious rumor?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Naet posted:

Is it because he waged war against Mexico?

No he brokered peace with Canada.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Caros posted:

The UK doesn't gently caress around with libel. If it's a rumor the guy behind it is going to end up in prison and/or bankrupted forever legal action. Supposedly there's photographic evidence. :shrug:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Caros posted:

It's true, friend. Or it's untrue, but David Cameron did something even more hosed up, and a court case investigating the veracity of the pigfucking would turn that up!

Isn't that great?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bobtheconqueror posted:

Right, but what do they actually do, throw a bigass kegger? Can they funnel it into another PAC or campaign? I feel like there's some potential liability there from betraying donor confidence.

I suppose they could try to return it to donors, but that sounds like a giant pain to figure out who gets what.

I bet we'll be seeing death throes him his PAC for a while. Hermain Cain dropped out in december of 2011, and that weird ad for him with the goldfish wasn't released until may of the next year.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

The UK doesn't gently caress around with libel. If it's a rumor the guy behind it is going to end up in prison and/or bankrupted forever legal action. Supposedly there's photographic evidence. :shrug:

The guy who has the evidence is a tory MP unwilling to release it, but if Cameron launched a libel suit he would be compelled by court to present it. This is why he's not directly adressing the claims; if he did then the question of "well then why aren't you suing for libel?" arises.

The best part of all this is that it is following a week of such scandalous Jeremy Corbyn hit pieces such as "why didn't he kiss the queens hand?" "How dare a republican not sing God Save the Queen!" "He had a relationship with a [black lady] politician decades ago!" and "his great grandfather was a businessman!".

Welcome to the modern age, where the unelectable are squeaky clean and offer you jam, and the electable gently caress pigs and burn €50 bills in front of homeless people.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

Hold on, Karl Rove is on BuzzFeed saying that Scott Walker might still be the nominee....

As the article goes on to note, one problem (among many) with this idea is that in this scenario the party could also pick, you know, literally anyone else.

That's a weird way to spell Mitt Romney.

Republican National Convention 2016: Death Rally

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Jeb also painted us a magnificent painting.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

They'll probably speak with the major donors (hint: it's 98% Koch money) and take direction from them. They can run ads supporting a new candidate, or if Scott's childlike rant was scripted by Koch Industries themselves they can dump $20 million in attack ads on Trump.

EDIT: The third option is to stay on the sidelines and just support generic GOP candidates next fall.

Yeah, don't forget that there's always an obscene amount of candidates to support in Congress, and on the State and Local level.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
e: sorry, not news to anyone i guess

Phobeste fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 22, 2015

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Rubio looks like the best chance the establishment has at a nominee.

Bush has his brother's baggage tied around his neck. Bush is also getting into constant fights with Trump which can only make him look worse. I don't think he has the wit to win against Trump in a debate. So far, only Carly has landed a successful blow against Trump in the debates.

Rubio has looks calm and collected in debates and escaped attacks from Trump. Bush has made unforced errors while Rubio has not. Rubio looks to be hanging back a bit while Bush and Trump duke it out. I think after the dust clears, Rubio will be come out looking best.

Also, Trump appears to really hate Bush. So if Trump goes down, he has ever intention of taking Bush with him.

Bush was even dumb enough to admit to smoking weed without anyone targeting him over the issue. I can't see the conservative base liking that at all.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Looking back, Walker quitting now also makes his campaign swag firesale before the debate make sense too. Dude had bills to pay and no money to pay them with.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, don't forget that there's always an obscene amount of candidates to support in Congress, and on the State and Local level.

Haven't they already put aside that part of the billion they plan to spend though? Assuming Walker was still reading the Koch script in his speech, my guess is that they'll be pressuring the few non-insane choices to drop out so their support can pool around one candidate. Not that it'll help either Rubio or Bush out that much given everyone's poll numbers.

On the other hand there's a decent theory that winnowing down the field of not-Trumps will at least change the media narrative. Give them the semblance of a horse race and the other guy will get a little bit of the air time. Maybe. Unless Trump is particularly entertaining today. poo poo. Roll that other sleeve up Jeb!, you got some work to do.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
It's hilarious that Carly gets a jab in and everyone rushes to crown her the winner

It's like TV executives really have no clue how transparent they're being. I really, really wonder if they looked at the debate 2 poll results and were honestly shocked.

Gyges posted:

Haven't they already put aside that part of the billion they plan to spend though? Assuming Walker was still reading the Koch script in his speech, my guess is that they'll be pressuring the few non-insane choices to drop out so their support can pool around one candidate. Not that it'll help either Rubio or Bush out that much given everyone's poll numbers.

On the other hand there's a decent theory that winnowing down the field of not-Trumps will at least change the media narrative. Give them the semblance of a horse race and the other guy will get a little bit of the air time. Maybe. Unless Trump is particularly entertaining today. poo poo. Roll that other sleeve up Jeb!, you got some work to do.

So the richest, say, 500 people in the country. There's no way they all like each other, the sheer number of RNC candidates reflects how shattered the GOP makeup is, apparently at even the high donor levels. The obvious strategy would be to come together, cut off the free money for the little fish, and give someone (probably Rubio, at this point) enough firepower to take on the Donald through raw cash infusions. We have this idea ingrained in our heads that rich people got where they are because they're smart, and certainly some of them are, but the Old Money is dumb as hell from growing up in a bubble of absolute privilege. They're idiots, and they're going to lose the election because of it.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 22, 2015

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007

Gyges posted:

Hm. I hadn't thought about that.
Who cares if the 0% of people who wanted Walker are now going to support Jeb or Rubio, but the time wasted on Walker (in the news, in debates, etc.) so far is now going to be used by someone else...

EDIT: If Jeb! rolls that other sleeve up, I bet his elbow is black or something.

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.
Edit: Answered, thanks!

R.A. Dickey fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 22, 2015

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Deadulus posted:

Rubio looks like the best chance the establishment has at a nominee.

Bush has his brother's baggage tied around his neck. Bush is also getting into constant fights with Trump which can only make him look worse. I don't think he has the wit to win against Trump in a debate. So far, only Carly has landed a successful blow against Trump in the debates.

Rubio has looks calm and collected in debates and escaped attacks from Trump. Bush has made unforced errors while Rubio has not. Rubio looks to be hanging back a bit while Bush and Trump duke it out. I think after the dust clears, Rubio will be come out looking best.

Also, Trump appears to really hate Bush. So if Trump goes down, he has ever intention of taking Bush with him.

Bush was even dumb enough to admit to smoking weed without anyone targeting him over the issue. I can't see the conservative base liking that at all.

The fewer candidates on the stage, the worse Rubio will end up looking. If you go back and watch his answers, all he's doing is restating what other people said already. Just doing so in his brief appearances, making him look better because you've forgotten while you were distracted by Trump. Rubio has very little substance, unless you ask him about Cuba.

Optically, he sweats like a motherfucker and was using the times the camera wasn't on him to wipe sweat off his face. How someone from loving Miami gets so bothered by some heat is a mystery. Plus he's going to crack the dumbest dad joke if you give him too much time on camera. Also, he's going to have to talk about immigration if he's in the spot light too long, which is not good for his campaign and the Republican base.

R.A. Dickey posted:

I'm out of the loop this cycle so apologies in advance, but is there any way for US persons to bet on the outcome of the primaries this time around?

predictit.org
There's a thread for it in this forum.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 22, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They also don't have dishrag walker on hand to make them look decisive anymore.

Goddamn motherfucker unironically said he would punt on a question.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Gyges posted:

The fewer candidates on the stage, the worse Rubio will end up looking. If you go back and watch his answers, all he's doing is restating what other people said already. Just doing so in his brief appearances, making him look better because you've forgotten while you were distracted by Trump. Rubio has very little substance, unless you ask him about Cuba.

Optically, he sweats like a motherfucker and was using the times the camera wasn't on him to wipe sweat off his face. How someone from loving Miami gets so bothered by some heat is a mystery. Plus he's going to crack the dumbest dad joke if you give him too much time on camera. Also, he's going to have to talk about immigration if he's in the spot light too long, which is not good for his campaign and the Republican base.

predictit.org
There's a thread for it in this forum.

Did he sweat that bad? I remember a number of them sweating, was he much worse?

Trump is pulling the craziest section of the conservative base to him over immigration. The not Trumps are pulling the part of the base that likes to think of themselves as polite society types that would like to do what Trump is saying but feel morally okay about it. Rubio is the candidate for them after more candidates pull out.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Gyges posted:

Honestly, any amount of real scrutiny on Republican politicians would probably lead to them falling apart. This doesn't apply to Trump, they already blew their whole wad attacking him, and he just does it even harder and they don't really seem to know what to do. Trump's supporters are the ones who applauded him saying the so-called "hard truths" about our Mexican friends, and nothing short of declaring the same will get you his numbers. These people are lost to the RNC as long as Trump remains viable, and they have been depending on this bloc of voters to deliver them consistent wins, without actually giving them any immigration action of substance. All the Republicans have done since 2012 is bitch and moan about black president or govern their states into the ground in the cases of Walker and Brownbeck, and they wonder why their base is in open revolt. They actually want you to start shipping people off in box cars, that's not hyperbole.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Walker supporters are in full meltdown blaming Trump for everything that went wrong.

Tonight is a good night.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

What I love about this smug rear end in a top hat is that he clearly hasn't paid attention to the FDA's actions over the last four years. Give it a few months and I bet Turing will become the next KV Pharma.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

🔥🔥🔥 take alert

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Full Battle Rattle posted:

It's hilarious that Carly gets a jab in and everyone rushes to crown her the winner

It's like TV executives really have no clue how transparent they're being. I really, really wonder if they looked at the debate 2 poll results and were honestly shocked.

So the richest, say, 500 people in the country. There's no way they all like each other, the sheer number of RNC candidates reflects how shattered the GOP makeup is, apparently at even the high donor levels. The obvious strategy would be to come together, cut off the free money for the little fish, and give someone (probably Rubio, at this point) enough firepower to take on the Donald through raw cash infusions. We have this idea ingrained in our heads that rich people got where they are because they're smart, and certainly some of them are, but the Old Money is dumb as hell from growing up in a bubble of absolute privilege. They're idiots, and they're going to lose the election because of it.

Old money children are the greatest case for enormous inheritance taxes that could ever be made. The majority of them are goddamn retardes and make goddamn retarded decisions because they have the best everything by default and are shielded from the consequences of their actions.

If I were a billionaire, I'd donate all but a million dollars + paid college to good causes. If my child can't make a good life out of a luxury upbringing, no college debt, and a million dollars then he was going to be hopeless anyways.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Montasque posted:

Walker supporters are in full meltdown blaming Trump for everything that went wrong.

Tonight is a good night.
I'm having trouble remembering what it was like to have elections that weren't a nonstop parade of meltdowns like this.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

🔥🔥🔥 take alert

I hope for once he is right. Another dumbass joins the circus.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
There is a guy that I served with in the Air Force that might orgasm if this Tom Cotton things turns out to be true

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Looks like Huckabee might need to drop out to take Kim Davis prison cell

quote:

Plaintiffs in a lawsuit against a Kentucky county clerk who refuses to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples filed a motion Monday evening arguing that she is once again violating a federal court’s orders and asking a judge to enforce them. Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who objects to same-sex marriage on religious grounds, spent five days in jail earlier this month for repeatedly defying U.S. District Judge David Bunning’s order to issue licenses to all qualified couples, gay or straight. The judge then secured a commitment from five of her deputy clerks to issue licenses in her absence. Once he was satisfied that his order was being implemented, he released Ms. Davis from jail on Sept. 8 and instructed her not to interfere with her deputies’ work.

Yet the plaintiffs, represented by the American Civil Liberties Union, argue that is precisely what she has done. When she returned to work last week, she confiscated all the original marriage forms and provided replacements with numerous changes, according to a court filing by one of the deputies, Brian Mason. Among other things, she deleted all mentions of Rowan County, added the documents were issued “Pursuant to Federal Court Order” and replaced her deputy clerk’s official title with “notary public.”

http://www.wsj.com/articles/plaintiffs-argue-kentucky-clerk-kim-davis-is-again-violating-courts-orders-1442881665

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

SalTheBard posted:

There is a guy that I served with in the Air Force that might orgasm if this Tom Cotton things turns out to be true

If people thought Fiorina was likely to start World War 3...

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

🔥🔥🔥 take alert

no please stop christmas is still 3 months away

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

🔥🔥🔥 take alert

Pretty sure Jed Bartlet said that post hoc, ergo propter hoc is almost never true in these situations.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Speaking of meltdowns:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Oh good, FN is warring with Trump again. I'm sure that will go well for them.

Pinterest Mom posted:

🔥🔥🔥 take alert

Sure Bill, lets go through the entire collection of morons in the GOP. I'm sure Mr. Asked Lobbyists How To Govern will do great in the primary.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 22, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

President Allen West
Vice President Tom Cotton

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Just on Hannity: Carson just back peddled on his comments about the Muslim President. Basically said he would support a moderate Muslim who believed in the constitution.

Carson - 10

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Speaking of meltdowns:

Seriously, I know there was that hilarious interview where Trump declines to say, but does anyone seriously believe that Trump is actually dictating to a staff member and that he instructs them to quote these tweets with quotation marks and isn't just doing it himself?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Montasque posted:

Just on Hannity: Carson just back peddled on his comments about the Muslim President. Basically said he would support a moderate Muslim who believed in the constitution.

Carson - 10

hahaha yeah this is gonna kill Carson

Weakness! He bleeeedss before the masssessssssss *hisss*

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

You're not the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Donald Trump is giving politics the MST3K treatment and I am loving every second of it.

• Locked thread