Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

It fits the narrative that there exist independents and right-leaners who are willing to follow basically anyone with an actual plan to help them fiscally.

i guarantee you they do not post on freep, a website that is known for hair-trigger purging of wrongthink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Man I really could not give a gently caress about anything involving freep

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

congratulations to new Democratic National Committee chair Red Klotz

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
im glad the emocrats voted a lightbulb's evil twin

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

how are so many people getting bought custom titles telling them to kill themselves in the race relations subforums

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't understand what's hard to get about "people were using this election to gauge how interested the party is in doing literally anything else" and the subsequent reactions when the answer was "not very."

It's not an emptyquote if I made an observation about custom titles first right?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I would also like to emptyquote this

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
but what does AsatruMom42 on Stormfront think about the DNC election

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Former Everything posted:

So, basically, despite the fact that in reality both candidates were perfectly fine for the position, now you have to take up pitchforks and stomp your feet and work to undermine the party because the party didn't virtue signal the right way?

Perfectly normal. Donald Trump and the republicans are obviously better now because the Bernie endorsed candidate is only the deputy chair.

Now explain the Islamophobic smears against Keith

I'll be waiting

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

It doesn't loving matter who the DNC head is, so long as we find grassroots. The party will be defined by the base, and the base is moving left.

Similar on the right. Priebus wasn't guiding his party to victory, he just latched onto the Trump snake and rode it to a 70k vote win in three states and a popular vote loss. The republicans are defined by their base, which wants to deport women with brain tumors to Mexico.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Oh Snapple! posted:

I don't understand what's hard to get about "people were using this election to gauge how interested the party is in doing literally anything else" and the subsequent reactions when the answer was "not very."

Because it's a stupid loving gauge to use. Ton Perez is a loving labor champion. Bernie pleaded with the party to push labor as a major platform. Ellison was fine too, but using this election between these two candidates as your measuring stick is ducking dumb and bad.

The choice wasn't DWS vs Ellison (or even Perez) and losing your loving mind over the fact that a really labor friendly guy who is beloved by unions and will work to strengthen labor and make it a party plank won over a guy who is basically the same but plus a Bernie endorsement is some weird cult of personality poo poo.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

idk much about him, but from reading this thread... anyone who has gone to bat for service workers is probably fine in my book, and is definitely not the neolib norm

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Lessail posted:

I'll be waiting

I didn't engineer the smear or let it affect my opinion of Ellison, who would have been perfectly fine as Chair. Why the gently caress would I have to explain them?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Oh Snapple! posted:

its not hard to understand, just real loving stupid

dnc chair is a party functionary whos job is to coordinate funding and resources, if u want to influence the ideological constitution of the party u have to actually vote in primaries and not just tweet about how the dems are dead forever because bae ellison didnt win

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Lessail posted:

I'll be waiting

Seems like it was more about his association with Louis Farrakhan and the NOI than about him being Muslim himself.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

loquacius posted:

how are so many people getting bought custom titles telling them to kill themselves in the race relations subforums
effectronica, the whitest motherfucker ever, keeps buying those for people

OMGVBFLOL posted:

idk much about him, but from reading this thread... anyone who has gone to bat for service workers is probably fine in my book, and is definitely not the neolib norm
I'm cautiously optimistic about his positions, and I'm not sure the Clinton-Obama camp is willing to sew more bad will into the party at this point. I just hope he doesn't get shouted down from promoting progressives by shitheads like Feinstein and Manchin

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 23:56 on Feb 25, 2017

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

I didn't engineer the smear or let it affect my opinion of Ellison, who would have been perfectly fine as Chair. Why the gently caress would I have to explain them?

So you got nothing.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The choice wasn't DWS vs Ellison (or even Perez) and losing your loving mind over the fact that a really labor friendly guy who is beloved by unions and will work to strengthen labor and make it a party plank won over a guy who is basically the same but plus a Bernie endorsement is some

...arbitrary "gently caress you" to the left wing of the party just like Tim Kaine was, glad you understand where we're coming from.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

the segregation forum didn't actually solve anything but instead just gave the racists an easier target

there's a lesson there

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Ellison and Perez are the same, as in they are both awful

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/835610917568200705

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

"your criticism of perez is so loving crazy you lunatic keith backers"

"what about the islamophobia from perez backers?"

"that doens't matter "

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Lessail posted:

So you got nothing.

You mean where instead of addressing my points about how Perez is fine, you demanded that I explain the smears and then declared victory?

Whoa. Clarence Darrow reborn.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Probably Magic posted:

...arbitrary "gently caress you" to the left wing of the party just like Tim Kaine was, glad you understand where we're coming from.

part of the problem people have is interpreting literally everything as a personal slight

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

he assigned ellison as deputy chair so who cares

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

part of the problem people have is interpreting literally everything as a personal slight

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
starbucks was out of the pesto paninis so i threw my money at the cashier and screamed about it being an arbitrary gently caress you to the left by the establishment

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

So wait, was Ellison a moderate or was he literally the only chance at dems ever winning another election ever again?

You're almost there! Now imagine a candidate that was both and how frustrating it would be to watch them lose.

Then dial it slightly back because your statement is a bit hyperbolic and you will understand.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Apparent huge loving homophobe, too, assuming he was responsible for the first version of Neuroliminal's ct lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

when you ask for something and are given a polite smile and a "thats nice" thats the issue tho

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
the Democrats are a great big flaming pile of poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The only thing resembling a "bone" the Democratic Party has thrown its left wing in decades was creating a leadership position for Bernie that basically translates to "popular guy who gets us free PR by campaigning all the time and is not actually heeded w/r/t strategy or policy in any substantial way"

This would have been a super easy one for them to do but they just... couldn't... manage it

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

telling people to kill they are self is a loving ban in loving GBS, how does a guy get away with doing it in custom titles in a politics subforum :psyduck:

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Because it's a stupid loving gauge to use. Ton Perez is a loving labor champion. Bernie pleaded with the party to push labor as a major platform. Ellison was fine too, but using this election between these two candidates as your measuring stick is ducking dumb and bad.

The choice wasn't DWS vs Ellison (or even Perez) and losing your loving mind over the fact that a really labor friendly guy who is beloved by unions and will work to strengthen labor and make it a party plank won over a guy who is basically the same but plus a Bernie endorsement is some weird cult of personality poo poo.

Yeah it wasn't about the candidates for a lot of people. It was about Bernie vs. The Establishment battling for the ideological future of the party. They might kind of have a point though.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

but what does AsatruMom42 on Stormfront think about the DNC election

Man you're really upset about Freep takes.

Here's some more freep takes:

quote:

Perez is a Clinton lackey. I think Bubba and Shrillary now have the reins of the Demonrat Party.

35 posted on 2/25/2017, 4:52:50 PM by dowcaet

quote:

Is this how the party intends to rebuild?

Kind of like repairing the Oroville dam spillway in California. Years of neglect of the simple maintenance duties have all compounded to cause the present-day disaster.

And there has been no money set aside for the rebuilding effort, even if the worst part of the catastrophe has been averted for the moment.

37 posted on 2/25/2017, 4:56:18 PM by alloysteel (John Galt has chosen to take the job. This time, Atlas did NOT shrug.)

quote:

I watched the DNC debate and he seemed last likely to win so this is good news. People that watched on you tube were chatting and were calling Perez “sore throat guy”. The whole group was a bunch of lovers. There was a guy that looked like Sheldon Cooper from big bang theory and his name was Pete Butt and another guy with a huge nose named Peter Packard then there was Ellison and the black chick that seemed like a nuttiness version of Donna Brazille named Jehmu and she earned the name shamu or aunt jehmumu and a bald chubby guy that looked like stymie from little rascals the white chick seemed the most normal for a democrat and surprised she didn’t become the front runner since she was young. Kinda seemed like Gabi Tulsa

39 posted on 2/25/2017, 5:02:25 PM by Blue Highway (Q)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Oh Snapple! posted:

This basically sums it up

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Probably Magic posted:

Yeah, this was definitely a personal slight by some dems against other dems and that isn't a whacked out thought process at all no sirreee

Also, everything that happens in life not to my demanding specifications is a personal insult to me

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Oh Snapple! posted:

Apparent huge loving homophobe, too, assuming he was responsible for the first version of Neuroliminal's ct lol
but he's pansexual (who exclusively dates women) he has the right to use the word "human being" as a sincere pejorative :rolleyes:

loquacius posted:

telling people to kill they are self is a loving ban in loving GBS, how does a guy get away with doing it in custom titles in a politics subforum :psyduck:
D&D is poorly moderated; shock!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loquacius posted:

no way to track it iirc

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
so the person that takes david brocks money and is endorsed by centrist corporate dems won and the person that takes david brocks money and is endorsed by centrist corporate dems won vice chair

Gringostar has issued a correction as of 00:01 on Feb 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Democrats:There was a guy that looked like Sheldon Cooper from big bang theory and his name was Pete Butt

• Locked thread