Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Red hats are fine unless they have white writing on em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

CelticPredator posted:

Red hats are fine unless they have white writing on em

I got pretty triggered whenever I'd walk into Costco for a while there but nobody these days seems to wear MAGA hats around here.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

Why you gotta be throwing down on poo poo you don’t know though?

man everybody is gunning for you today huh?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gripweed posted:

man everybody is gunning for you today huh?

lol I guess so. I’m not even trying to be snippy, which I can be sometimes.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

You have 8 movies, a billion video games, and comics.

Plus the 90s Kenner toy line, they've gotten a lot of mileage out of that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gripweed posted:

Alien and Predator can and are currently carrying at least two toy lines

Not exactly, NECA has been doing fuckall with the license; no new Aliens on the horizon, and 1 Predator in like 4 months with nothing after that.

Everything that everyone is seeing on the shelves at Target is dead stock that’s been there for literal years, with the exception of a couple new Lost Predators.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 11, 2023

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I had Crazy Legs as a kid. I broke him because I twisted his legs/hips around and let them spin back into place so much the rubber band snapped.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

deoju posted:

I had Crazy Legs as a kid. I broke him because I twisted his legs/hips around and let them spin back into place so much the rubber band snapped.

He lived up to his name.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Joe Fisto posted:

Crazylegs was arrested for being at the January 6th riot.

https://youtu.be/ffpFLdFwhxA

the actor was at the Jan 6th riots and subsequently fired from the cartoons he was do VA work for

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Do it.

The Dragonfly is worth it.

Plus there won't be that many of them so it'll be a popular wanted collectible in a few years. If not shorter.

I don't really see toys as an investment. The number of GI Joe collectors is likely to go down over time as more and more of them overdose on fentanyl or go to prison for hate crimes. Seems like everyone buys 2-3 of these things and expects to sell them for a profit. Seems like a shell game/Ponzi scheme to me. I'm not sure that 16,000 $300 helicopters is a small number to be in the wild tbh.

Good thing I always hated Serpentor and most of anything after 1986. Did like Chuckles -- first Joe from Arkansas so I was very happy when I read his bio. But I was able to avoid buying a lot of the later stage figures in the lot I got. I'll be able to pick and choose. I really liked Snow Job as a kid. That figure looks neat as does Torpedo. I'd get Mindbender but not paying a ton for him. Don't really need all the extras for Chuckles either but guess I'd try to get the exclusive if I could for cost. Would love a Tripwire

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I don't really see toys as an investment. The number of GI Joe collectors is likely to go down over time as more and more of them overdose on fentanyl or go to prison for hate crimes. Seems like everyone buys 2-3 of these things and expects to sell them for a profit. Seems like a shell game/Ponzi scheme to me. I'm not sure that 16,000 $300 helicopters is a small number to be in the wild tbh.

Good thing I always hated Serpentor and most of anything after 1986. Did like Chuckles -- first Joe from Arkansas so I was very happy when I read his bio. But I was able to avoid buying a lot of the later stage figures in the lot I got. I'll be able to pick and choose. I really liked Snow Job as a kid. That figure looks neat as does Torpedo. I'd get Mindbender but not paying a ton for him. Don't really need all the extras for Chuckles either but guess I'd try to get the exclusive if I could for cost. Would love a Tripwire

The possible worth of it is just the bonus in my view. I buy them because OMFG I love it and want it. That and the collector in me wants it. That overrides certain aspects. Compared to what they use to be, 16,000 isn't really that many. Maybe in todays toy world though it is, not sure what sort of numbers are out there these days.

The exclusives is definitely biting this line in the rear end, no doubt on that. Ask anyone how they like getting an Eel to see that. Way too many stories of people not able to get one figure if not more due to selling out.

A much beloved character was only moments ago announced coming to Classified.

Doc!

Lots of people want him.

He'll likely join Hawk, Airborne and Helix in a line. Might all get shown at SDCC.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I still have the old 3.75” Agent Helix figure from the first live action Joe movie line, I’d buy a Classified version of her.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

The Last Call posted:

The exclusives is definitely biting this line in the rear end, no doubt on that. Ask anyone how they like getting an Eel to see that. Way too many stories of people not able to get one figure if not more due to selling out.

A much beloved character was only moments ago announced coming to Classified.

Doc!

Lots of people want him.

I'd take an Eel but don't have to have it. Doc, however, I will get. I had to look up Hawk because he did not stand out. Too many leaders between Duke and Flint and Hawk

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Xenomrph posted:

I still have the old 3.75” Agent Helix figure from the first live action Joe movie line, I’d buy a Classified version of her.

We know she's coming since she popped up in a Target computer listing awhile ago.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I still am waiting on Amazon hopefully restocking the Eels. That's the only figure I've missed getting at retail thus far.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

The Last Call posted:

He lived up to his name.

yup, that's why I did it.

I had the dark version of him too, Night Team or whatever they called the alternate color scheme.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I don't really see toys as an investment. The number of GI Joe collectors is likely to go down over time as more and more of them overdose on fentanyl or go to prison for hate crimes.

Comments like these (totally legit, i am in agreement with you) make me wonder what the commitment to capitalism, guns, and FREEDOM BY FORCE I have on display in my living room makes me look like

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

deoju posted:

yup, that's why I did it.

I had the dark version of him too, Night Team or whatever they called the alternate color scheme.

Night Force.

That's the version of him that's the tier 3 version with the Dragonfly.

The normal version of him should be out some time after, or before if it doesn't get funded.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Comments like these (totally legit, i am in agreement with you) make me wonder what the commitment to capitalism, guns, and FREEDOM BY FORCE I have on display in my living room makes me look like

I think that's all counterbalanced by the guy in the snake costume.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Last Call posted:

We know she's coming since she popped up in a Target computer listing awhile ago.

Oh poo poo! That rules.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/joefisto/status/1678622464426004482?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Xenomrph posted:

Not exactly, NECA has been doing fuckall with the license; no new Aliens on the horizon, and 1 Predator in like 4 months with nothing after that.

Everything that everyone is seeing on the shelves at Target is dead stock that’s been there for literal years, with the exception of a couple new Lost Predators.

Throw in "Only easy to get in the US" and that's a super-successful line that me not knowing about that caused an anxiety/panic attack?

Wild.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/toyark/status/1678453296200310784

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

that looks like a mess. is it trying to imitate a 2d illustration?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What a piece of poo poo

As per usual for Todd

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I don't really see toys as an investment. The number of GI Joe collectors is likely to go down over time as more and more of them overdose on fentanyl or go to prison for hate crimes.

Haha, holy poo poo! I'm in a public waiting room and lost it reading this. Thanks for the awkward stares!

Wow! What a surprise. I'd have never imagined they'd get to "nonstandard" body types! Also, thought this line might be in trouble even though Harley just hit. Nice to see more in the pipeline. Bring on Clayface!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Well people did want Todd to use more paint..

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Apparently Crazy Legs’ red hat is because his secondary specialty is parachute rigger and they wear a distinct red ball cap with insignia on it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parachute_Rigger_Badge

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Weird that all it took to ruin red ballcaps forever was one reality show host being president.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

As a Cincinnati Reds fan I refuse to allow red hats to usurped
by a reality show grifter! ...I've been shaving my head since I was about 7. Can't count the number of time I've been called a skinhead. Those insults started even before I knew what Nazis were.

On topic, am I thinking of a different Joe or wasn't Crazy Legs in an all red costume originally?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

On topic, am I thinking of a different Joe or wasn't Crazy Legs in an all red costume originally?

Red and grey, yeah.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just get a tiny 'Made you look! Black Lives Matter' sticker to put on the hat.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Batmobile repaint coming along

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Red hats around here are fine because they signal tourists who should be avoided, anyway. (Though the red hatted ones should be REALLY avoided.)

The only real danger is Nats fans, but most of them have shifted to wearing their blue hats.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Just a reminder Amazon are doing their "prime day" sale today and there might be good deals on stuff. I've looked around a little and didn't see anything particularly amazing yet, but there's definitely a lot of cheap toys.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh poo poo they actually have some of the Warhammer Joytoy figures on sale. They have the Raven Guard Intercessor for 21 bucks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Some nice discounts for random Joe's too. Got the Viper 3 pack and Blue Ninja two pack for $80 total.

Stalker and Kamakura were both a couple bucks off too.

Also saw The Hydra Stomper at $36 if anyone was interested.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 11, 2023

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Mattel's Lightyear stuff has been plummeting in price for the past several months, and there are a few extra deals today.

Zap Patrol soldiers are $2.47 each, nice if you want to build a tiny army. Even if you just see them as generic sci-fi soldiers, they are pretty fun. I already have four of these guys and probably don't need more, but they are good toys, and they're all but giving them away:
https://www.amazon.com/Lightyear-Commander-Marquam-Authentic-Collectible/dp/B09P9P5DYX

This exclusive set with Buzz, Izzy and a huge red robot is five bucks now. This is a steal, that robot is great:
https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Lightyear-Rangers-Zyclops-Exclusive/dp/B09NRXT2J9/

This isn't even a prime day thing, but Spotlight Series Buzz (fancy 7" figure), originally listed at $43, can be had for $15-$20 depending on the day, currently $17.99:
https://www.amazon.com/Lightyear-Spotlight-Collectible-Articulations-Expressions/dp/B09P9Y3CCS/
I got that guy recently and it's a great toy. Comes with the cat!

The 5" figures are mostly all pretty cheap, and this fun "recruits to the rescue" set that I think was Target exclusive and cost like $40 can be had for $18.69:
https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Lightyear-Recruits-Rescue-Figures/dp/B0B4V14ND8/

The huge gently caress-off command base playset that retailed for $100 is $27.49 for prime day; I never really wanted one and don't plan on getting one, but it would be a cool gift for a kid or something:
https://www.amazon.com/Lightyear-Ultimate-Command-Interactive-Playset/dp/B09NZDDYLP/

I'm really sad that the huge Armadillo ship never got cheap, and in fact is increasingly hard to find at all. That is the best toy spaceship I've seen anyone make in years, and I would totally buy a bunch of them to customize if they weren't apparently made in such limited quantities. I don't know why those weren't on every store shelf, it was the best thing they made. Kinda hoping someday they find a bunch in a warehouse somewhere.

Mattel initially had big plans for more Lightyear stuff. I remember they were reporting really strong sales in the beginning, but at this point I'm pretty sure that meant strong sales to retailers, and then the retailers really didn't have much luck selling them on to kids, and I'm guessing they canceled anything they had in the pipeline, which is too bad. I liked the movie just fine but the toy line was the coolest part, just excellent retro-style spaceman adventure stuff. I'll probably give all these toys to my kid when she's a little older. She already tries to steal them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's a big boy!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I still have Kenner Man-Bat from the 90's. That was, and remains, a cool fuckin toy.