Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
There's a 1% chance this sticks and that's me being cowardly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Next chapter is Bakugo isekaied into that fantasy world from the character line up and closing credits animation revealing everything up to this point was the prologue.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sindai posted:

There's a 1% chance this sticks and that's me being cowardly
If he actually is dead, unless we're just legit off paneling the rest of this arc in one volume he'll be dead for so long readers might legit forget he died

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Eggplant Squire posted:

Next chapter is Bakugo isekaied into that fantasy world from the character line up and closing credits animation revealing everything up to this point was the prologue.

This is it, the one way to salvage this manga.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Eggplant Squire posted:

This would be the best possible outcome, only if we never revisit this world again and we never find out what happened to Deku and AFO.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My Hero Fantasia

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Woozie66 posted:

This would be the best possible outcome, only if we never revisit this world again and we never find out what happened to Deku and AFO.

it would be funnier if bakugo went through a full 200+ chapter series of his own in the isekai world and the ending was him being brought back to life in the main mha world so horikoshi could pick back up right where he left off

imagine having a 5 year tangent in the middle of your final arc

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Eggplant Squire posted:

I would read that religiously.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Is the Legend of Yamcha canon to either DBZ or this series or both? It should be.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bakugo turning his isekai spin off into pure fantasy by blowing up all the numbers and stats because that poo poo is for nerds.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

it would be funnier if bakugo went through a full 200+ chapter series of his own in the isekai world and the ending was him being brought back to life in the main mha world so horikoshi could pick back up right where he left off

imagine having a 5 year tangent in the middle of your final arc

Oh my god, him tearfully saying goodbye to his fantasy friends as he wakes up to him getting the poo poo pummeled out of him would be incredible.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bakugo: Am I in heaven...? OH NO, MINETA'S HERE, THIS MUST BE THE OTHER PLACE!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Bakugo would absolutely be down for hell.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
500 chapters leading up to Deku reviving him using the unrevealed ofa power

YOU drat NERD

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Bakugo would absolutely be down for hell.

He's take it as a challenge to rule it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Woozie66 posted:

Oh my god, him tearfully saying goodbye to his fantasy friends as he wakes up to him getting the poo poo pummeled out of him would be incredible.

ok but get this: he's about to beat the demon lord when they revive him mid fight

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

He gets revived right into Deku's crying face saying thank goodness he's back and they beat Shigaraki without him

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
home for infinite losers

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If Bakugo did isekai to a fantasy realm he would obviously need to learn Literal Magic, and then bring it back with him.

There's precedent. They're all basically mutants.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

I suddenly want to binge watch Hey Arnold.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku must awaken the prince with his magical kiss

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I see that the thread has retreated from reality into writing bakugo fanfic

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Hahahaha holy poo poo, this sucks. There's like no way to take this that would be satisfying. Best case scenario it's a big fakeout and wasted a bunch of time.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jen X posted:

The main storyline is writing a Bakugo snuff fanfic so it makes sense

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jen X posted:

MAGICAL. KISS.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

TheHan posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo, this sucks. There's like no way to take this that would be satisfying. Best case scenario it's a big fakeout and wasted a bunch of time.

Man, it hasn't even been a year since the S&S fight...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder whats happening with Shonen Jump editors just letting their cash crops turn into train wrecks

I know its not a recent thing, but it feels like its happening more often now

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It's comics for 12 year olds, they probably think it's cool as poo poo and buy 3 volumes each.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wouldn't classify this as a train wreck but lol what weird timing

So, what happens to your dramatic pacing if you follow through with this- THEN cut back to reveal that AFO's trick worked and it's a full party wipe there?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mymla posted:

It's comics for 12 year olds, they probably think it's cool as poo poo and buy 3 volumes each.

The kids that started buying this at 12 are now in their 20s. Sure their purchasing power isnt that much greater but still

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I wonder whats happening with Shonen Jump editors just letting their cash crops turn into train wrecks

It still sells very well so they probably think it's fine.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Maybe it has something to do with having an author pump out hundreds of chapters week after week?

No, it's the children who are wrong.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If I recall the last five or six volumes have been the best selling in the series' history in Japan. So take that as you will.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

OK time for a little mea culpa..

It's me. I'm making the mangas become bad. I promise to do better next time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

I forgive you

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Maybe its actually good and the entire western fanbase has gaslit themselves into thinking its bad

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Ytlaya posted:

Man, criticizing light shows while mandating light shows. For shaaaaaaaaaaame.

Next time, try for a mandate where every evil dad has to be forgiven because they're all super sexy. We'd make a killing from bara fans doing that.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MHA is nothing it it isn't a story about irresponsible father's causing their kids suffering.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That’s every Shonen I feel like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Makes me think back to last week's One Piece where Usopp's dad was having a panic attack because he might actually have to talk to his son.