Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Big Grunty Secret posted:

They finally made soccer 2

I’m stealing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Big Grunty Secret posted:

They finally made soccer 2

My drunk friends and I invented the basketball version of this during march madness.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I was about to logon and call this guy a loving idiot, then I remembered I deleted my twitter account, and now I feel much better.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You weren't the only one who initially believed that to be completely serious and no one can blame you given that's nearly indistinguishable from a major newspaper.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You weren't the only one who initially believed that to be completely serious and no one can blame you given that's nearly indistinguishable from a major newspaper.

I had to check to make sure he didn't have NYT in his username.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

#prisonersdilemma

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The real idiot is Ivan for thinking the imprisoned population is as low as 1 %.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

This guy does a real good Ken M impersonation

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Part of the appeal of going to prison is not having to be a part of society. If we start making them vote, then no one will want to go to prison.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Johnny Aztec posted:

The real idiot is Ivan for thinking the imprisoned population is as low as 1 %.

It's actually a little lower than that. It shoots up way high when you inclde people on parole or probation, but the actual percentage of Americans in prison is a little under 1%

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Gripweed posted:

It's actually a little lower than that. It shoots up way high when you inclde people on parole or probation, but the actual percentage of Americans in prison is a little under 1%

ok lets make it has been in prison within the past 10 years what's it like then

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Isn't the law currently that if you commit a felony you can't ever vote again? Or is my absolute ignorance showing?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CzarChasm posted:

Isn't the law currently that if you commit a felony you can't ever vote again? Or is my absolute ignorance showing?

It's up to the states, and the US is one of the most restrictive countries in restoring felon voting rights. It's especially becoming a thing because Florida voted in the midterms to restore felon voting rights and the Republicans got so mad that they pushed through a bill to tack on "Actually you don't get your rights restored until you also pay every single fine and cost incurred from your imprisonment, even if it's a civil rather than a criminal payment." It's basically a racist poll tax in disguise because returning voting rights to felons would restore the rights of a fuckton of black people who are unlikely to vote Republican.

Iowa and Kentucky still have a lifetime ban for felons unless they successfully petition, and Kentucky only allows the governor to reinstate them. You get convicted and you lose your entire right to representation forever if they want.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

It's up to the states, and the US is one of the most restrictive countries in restoring felon voting rights. It's especially becoming a thing because Florida voted in the midterms to restore felon voting rights and the Republicans got so mad that they pushed through a bill to tack on "Actually you don't get your rights restored until you also pay every single fine and cost incurred from your imprisonment, even if it's a civil rather than a criminal payment." It's basically a racist poll tax in disguise because returning voting rights to felons would restore the rights of a fuckton of black people who are unlikely to vote Republican.

Iowa and Kentucky still have a lifetime ban for felons unless they successfully petition, and Kentucky only allows the governor to reinstate them. You get convicted and you lose your entire right to representation forever if they want.

Oh I guess felons don't have to pay taxes either then, RIGHT?!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Uh, only bad people ever go to prison so why would you want bad people to vote?

Yes, I am white and upper middle class, how did you know?

Content:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Indecisive posted:

ok lets make it has been in prison within the past 10 years what's it like then

higher? I'd assume?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Re: felon voting rights

I highly recommend everyone watch the Netflix documentary about the 13th Amendment. I mean, there's other ways to get this info, but it's recent and succinct. The thesis ends up being that vastly disporportionate incarceration of black people is the new slavery, and therefore laws keeping ex-felons from voting is systematic disenfranchisement.

I mean, this is besides the insanity of stripping away one of a person's fundamental rights permanently after they have served their time. It's transparently bullshit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Part of the appeal of going to prison is not having to be a part of society. If we start making them vote, then no one will want to go to prison.

Jury duty

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Railing Kill posted:

Re: felon voting rights

I highly recommend everyone watch the Netflix documentary about the 13th Amendment. I mean, there's other ways to get this info, but it's recent and succinct. The thesis ends up being that vastly disporportionate incarceration of black people is the new slavery, and therefore laws keeping ex-felons from voting is systematic disenfranchisement.

I mean, this is besides the insanity of stripping away one of a person's fundamental rights permanently after they have served their time. It's transparently bullshit.

Ya in some states like 20-25% of the black population are unable to vote because of felony convictions for which they've already served time. But this is a Wendy's, remember

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One of the weaker Pauly Shore movies, but I'll allow it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ElGroucho posted:

I was about to logon and call this guy a loving idiot, then I remembered I deleted my twitter account, and now I feel much better.

You loving idiot

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

That coward logged off.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/magical_grill/status/1121417505589932033?s=19

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Jerry Cotton posted:

Whoa Kristen Stewart got swole :eyepop:

Get your eyes checked, that's clearly Sigourney Weaver :colbert:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

All of them :kheldragar:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

MizPiz posted:

All of them :kheldragar:

Jon isn’t a stark

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rabble posted:

Jon isn’t a stark

He considers Theon to be.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Arya died in her candle lit duel with the waif. The character we've seen all season has been the waif wearing her face.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Arya died in her candle lit duel with the waif. The character we've seen all season has been the waif wearing her face.

Yes, this

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

This guys truck has to fit in the garage. Only way to get in this position is to lower the door then back into it. Definitely loving with some hoa rule.

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Faustian Bargain posted:

This guys truck has to fit in the garage. Only way to get in this position is to lower the door then back into it. Definitely loving with some hoa rule.

I thought you were a moron for a second, but then I realised that you didn't see that the bottom part is plywood or something, not part of the door.

Carry on, friend.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Wouldn’t that imply that last episode the waif has sex with an underage male? Also does the face thing even keep working during sex? Like how would it stay on when everything else is coming off.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ante posted:

I thought you were a moron for a second, but then I realised that you didn't see that the bottom part is plywood or something, not part of the door.

Carry on, friend.

Oh god I didn’t even notice that either.

I was just thinking drat that’s one hell of an engineering job to get that done. :eng99:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Oh, poo poo! Sleepy Sam!

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
These people don't need that kind of ideas, Jesus!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Blind Rasputin posted:

Wouldn’t that imply that last episode the waif has sex with an underage male? Also does the face thing even keep working during sex? Like how would it stay on when everything else is coming off.

Gendry is like 30 dude. Also it works exactly the same as the spy from TF2, Westerosi are just so loving stupid they fall for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Zlatan pees out of his toes