Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Russian Roulette is a safe, fun and educational activity. Like and Share if you played and didn't get hurt one bit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Russian Roulette is a safe, fun and educational activity. Like and Share if you played and didn't get hurt one bit!

5 out of 6 players of Russian Roulette agree that it's a harmless parlor game.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY

They really are trying to portray themselves as cartoon bad guys. They even took the Brotherhood of Nod's "Peace through Power" slogan!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Defenestration posted:

Please enjoy this fine selection from the facebook group "Extremely Pissed Off Right Wingers 2"

Of course none of that stuff about actors has been true for the last hundred/two hundred years but whatever.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Rick_Hunter posted:

Because life should be a crapshoot and gently caress those that don't survive. Hell, we should make fun of them too!

As the survivor of a childhood accident that took my brother's life, this sentiment infuriates me. The thing is, the same people who argue that "we took risks and turned out fine" tend to be the same people who call children who do die or get injured idiots, and try to blame the victim or the survivor or the parent. They turned out fine and the ones who didn't were just too dumb to survive, no recognition at all that they just lost the horrific accident lottery.

hamster_style
Nov 24, 2004
neenjah!

Without God Sunday would not exist!?

Can't remember if I posted this one yet:

Racism is HILARIOUS!

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Guavanaut posted:

Not gonna lie, this one made me smile. (Why did he get the dress in the divorce settlement though? Or is the insinuation that he shot her? :ohdear: Or am I now overthinking this? Maybe he's just a petty dick and took the dress, in which case, still made me smile.)

Look at that shoulder fit - too good to be true. Either his wife had broad shoulders and a masculine build, or he's a very small man (hand size indicates no) if that's not comedic cross-dressing repurposed for spiteful political memes.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I don't know, I think I'm in support of the concept of Friday being changed to Fightday. :black101:

Also it's already Mournday:

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

hamster_style posted:

Without God Sunday would not exist!?

Would now be a bad time to point out that more then half of the English week is named after pagan gods?

Tyr's day,
Woden's day,
Thor's day,
And Frigg's day.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Or the Roman Gods, the sun and the moon!

Taerkar fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 1, 2015

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Saw this one today. It's got that old-time classic chain email feel to it:

The very embodiment of :bahgawd:

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

sweart gliwere posted:

Look at that shoulder fit - too good to be true. Either his wife had broad shoulders and a masculine build, or he's a very small man (hand size indicates no) if that's not comedic cross-dressing repurposed for spiteful political memes.

You sure? Looks like a white tee undershirt, with the wedding dress open at the back and the shoulders on his arms, to me.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

UV_Catastrophe posted:

These are always great because

1) they betray a fundamental ignorance of taxation systems. Even if Jose is getting paid completely off the books he still pays sales and property taxes. The majority of illegal workers have a Tax ID number, a fake Social, or some other arrangement with their employer because it's more difficult for the employer to pay someone in slush cash rather than put them on payroll (with automatic witholding) and just claim they didn't know Jose's documentation was fraudulent if busted

2) we just take it as fact that someone with no social security number or any sort of documentation just strolls into the Welfare Office and comes out with bags of free poo poo. Last time I applied for food stamps I had to provide pay stubs, bills, and all kinds of poo poo just to get like $50 a week in vouchers and I still got turned down for making too much

3) somehow it's Jose's fault for working illegally and not Joseph Employer III's fault for knowingly hiring an illegal worker and committing tax fraud

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 1, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Holy poo poo, there's so much wrong in here that even I can point out what's horribly wrong in it.

"Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay"

So then should the firemen just pour gasoline on Jose and throw him back into his blazing house or something? What the gently caress?

Anyway, this all sounds like reasons you should be taking an interest in politics and finding out ways you can be getting those benefits that non-'native' Americans that 'immigrate' are getting.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
No way Joe Legal is paying 30 percent.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Unreal_One posted:

You sure? Looks like a white tee undershirt, with the wedding dress open at the back and the shoulders on his arms, to me.

You're probably right, I viewed it on mobile. While I've seen some generous cap-sleeve and some tee-sleeved wedding dresses, zooming makes that look more like a standard shirt.

Resolution is too low to identify the sort of fabric, but oh well. I think the skin-tight full-length elbow cutoff is what threw me. Great sleeves for concealing a bride's bingo wings.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

VideoTapir posted:

No way Joe Legal is paying 30 percent.

Maybe Joe Legal's wife is an investment banker.

My estimate is a take home pay of 46K assuming he's in California and has two kids, filing jointly, wife has no income.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

5 out of 6 players of Russian Roulette agree that it's a harmless parlor game.

Of the 6 people we sent surveys to, 5 out of the 5 people who responded agree that it's a harmless parlor game.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 1, 2015

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

My sister shared that and complained not only about "Jose Illegal" but also complained about anyone who gets paid under the table.

She did this and knows (or at least I think she does) that I do catering as a side job and get paid under the table.

But I do not pay taxes and apparently am a leech (despite you 3 other taxed incomes and my wife's taxed income).

I do find it funny how she blames illegals but does not blame employers who are demanding the illegal immigrants that work for them. She would also end up blaming all of this on minimum wage being too high.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Why, indeed?

v - Well, I'm going to take a wild guess that he had the poo poo beat out of him pretty regularly in making that movie, so it's not terribly surprising.

Vienna Circlejerk fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Mar 1, 2015

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

That monkey has such a plaintive look in its eyes :smith:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Sounds like Joel Legal is a moron and he should go to a U.S. embassy in Mexico to renounce his citizenship, burn all his documentation and belongings, then have himself smuggled into the U.S. in an arrangement where he works as a drug mule before going to demand from his boss that he be paid less than he was being paid before under the table before going to apply for welfare if he thinks it's all a free ride for illegals.

C'mon Joe, put up or shut up. :colbert:

e: Whoa whoa wait Joe pays $1,200 a month for rent but Jose only pays $500? And Joe buys insurance for a car when he obviously doesn't need to because Jose doesn't need insurance and suffers no consequences as a result? Seriously this Joe fellow is an idiot, he's totally screwing himself here. Am I supposed to be sympathetic towards this loser when it's obvious that Jose is the smarter, superior individual?

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 1, 2015

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Mo_Steel posted:

Sounds like Joel Legal is a moron and he should go to a U.S. embassy in Mexico to renounce his citizenship, burn all his documentation and belongings, then have himself smuggled into the U.S. in an arrangement where he works as a drug mule before going to demand from his boss that he be paid less than he was being paid before under the table before going to apply for welfare if he thinks it's all a free ride for illegals.

C'mon Joe, put up or shut up. :colbert:

Every time something like this comes up, I'm always tempted to drop this in the comments and encourage them to go and claim all those sweet illegal benefits. I usually try to avoid touching the poop, though.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Omg this thing. As someone who does construction work under the table (and charges considerably more than $15/hour for what I do) these idiots can get hosed if they think that you can put together a guaranteed 40 hour work week every week by standing out in front of the Home Depot. Also, to get food stamps and Medicaid (which I do because I'm a lazy moocher) I have to prove my income, which means I actually file taxes and get to pay a self employment penalty on top of it. I've never known an undocumented worker who collects food stamps, Medicaid, housing vouchers, etc, and I've known quite a few undocumented workers in the construction industry. How could they? You don't just walk into the welfare office and stick your hand out while loudly speaking spanish to get free rent and food. You actually have to have documentation, a thing undocumented people tend to lack. Plus it seems to me that if all this were true, Joe Legal should do the clearly rational thing and just stop paying his taxes, start collecting welfare and live high on the hog like me with my awesome 12-15k yearly earnings and whopping $150/month of food stamps.

My favorite part here is that somehow Joe Legal's (presumably white, definitely middle class) kids won't get to go to college (while most likely learning a construction trade that's billable at $100/hr) but that undocumented kids get free college somehow. I'm in school again and the number of undocumented people who struggle just to pay for tuition and books at a community college is loving heartbreaking. It seems like every week I see a new kickstarter or gofundme from some poor kid trying to make it through one more quarter. The sort of straight up racist lying like this email is really infuriating and so unbelievably common.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
You're not taking into account the secret welfare programs for Mexicans. My coworker's wife works in a hospital, she says it's true.

Haxin Jackson
Apr 3, 2011

I agree, fundamental things like medical care, food, housing, and education are so important that EVERYONE should have easy access to them via government programs. Lower taxes on the middle class (Joe Legal), increase taxes on the wealthy (Joe's undocumented immigrant-employing employer), and things will be better for everyone.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I think I found the craziest Facebook account I'd ever seen. I spotted her in a sea of comments about Coke, and a lot of the poo poo she posts makes her sound a bit like a bot, but after looking at her profile, I think she's just crazier than a poo poo house rat.

E-coli comes from the poopoo, indeed.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
On the Joe Legal/ Jose Illegal thing, I just think the coclusion is the weirdest part. People who live as Illegal Aliens are leeches. Therefore, always oppose any movement that could allow them to be legal, and contribute to America!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fulchrum posted:

On the Joe Legal/ Jose Illegal thing, I just think the coclusion is the weirdest part. People who live as Illegal Aliens are leeches. Therefore, always oppose any movement that could allow them to be legal, and contribute to America!

Can only imagine how people might want to make becoming a legal citizen even more of a varying headache than it already is.

http://imgur.com/gallery/InlFPxf

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

There's so much crazy in that Jose Illegal bit. My favourite part is that undocumented workers have to pay for literally nothing, ever, its all handed to them by the government and in the end he just says 'and they all send it back home to the old country' when he gets to the disconnect of why he's describing someone who clearly lives in poverty.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Duck_King posted:

I think I found the craziest Facebook account I'd ever seen. I spotted her in a sea of comments about Coke, and a lot of the poo poo she posts makes her sound a bit like a bot, but after looking at her profile, I think she's just crazier than a poo poo house rat.

E-coli comes from the poopoo, indeed.

Reminds me of Lena Kochman.
http://thingsiwrotecantfixendofthisaddress.blogspot.com/

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

So it's a Jewish symbol and Muslims hate it why? :confused:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If anyone is wondering, they're probably talking about how Nimoy came up with it by modifying a Jewish blessing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

gently caress youuuuuu

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Conservatives will hate what Leonard Nimoy had to say about Israel (he supported a Palestinian state!)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yes, yesssssss

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

seiferguy posted:

Yes, yesssssss

By the time anyone survives this circular firing squad, they're going to be no match for Clinton.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Now now, Venturestein, not ALL fire bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh gently caress me, another Bush with Paul Wolfowitz behind him is the most sane and reasonable Republican candidate I have seen so far
:suicide: