Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Shinjobi posted:

Bakugo is just gonna get back up, replacing his heart with explosions

Yes I know this makes no sense
It makes exactly as much sense as "filling himself with tiny explosions has given him super physical abilities" so I'm not counting it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Sindai posted:

It makes exactly as much sense as "filling himself with tiny explosions has given him super physical abilities" so I'm not counting it out.

For all the good that did him.

"SO FAST!"

*pblt*

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Sindai posted:

The funniest part about that was the narrator mentioned this was a side effect Bakugo wasn't aware of. Which I interpreted to mean that in his final moments, Bakugo had no idea why he was zooming around. Which is very funny.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Nephthys posted:

He isn't even using his quirks yet. He doesn't need transformations, this is him fighting well below his full power.

Regarding the chapter, I still don't know what could reverse Bakugo's death. Maybe some ridiculous rear end-pull about Shiggy's been fighting Camies illusions the whole time?

I'm betting on the 2nd's quirk. It's gonna be the biggest rear end pull it can possibly be, we've even literally had the like "no you can't use THAT jutsu" poo poo with it. Deku's gonna like time travel or some poo poo.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

SpacePig posted:

An internal combustion engine. Makes perfect sense.

Just need Mei to perform emergency surgery and transplant some engine parts sliced off of Iida's legs.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Deku is gonna give everyone else a piece of one for all and then they all do a big punch together, proving that they're all the greatest hero

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Casey Finnigan posted:

Deku is gonna give everyone else a piece of one for all and then they all do a big punch together, proving that they're all the greatest hero

Everyone gets a close-up panel showing them receiving the power up, and also a cut to Bakugo's corpse somewhere in the middle.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The Second's Quirk allows Deku to start writing the manga.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The seconds quirk is to erase all quirks forever including shiggy's dumb hands.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, I really hope this All For One rewind thing has some kind of drawback. Like, he can't stop rewinding so he only has a limited amount of time at full power to get things done before he erases himself from existence or something.

It just seems like overkill to have a full powered All For One and a full powered Shigaraki at the same time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sindai posted:

Didn’t the official translation just say he was emitting explosions from anywhere on his body? That makes way more sense(and works well as a power up for Bakugo).

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Rhonne posted:

Man, I really hope this All For One rewind thing has some kind of drawback. Like, he can't stop rewinding so he only has a limited amount of time at full power to get things done before he erases himself from existence or something.

It just seems like overkill to have a full powered All For One and a full powered Shigaraki at the same time.

Something that's kinda frustrating about these fights is how Quirks have such specific rules established for them, but AFO/Shiggy just keep doing stuff. It's almost counterintuitive but I would prefer the narrator or spectators to announce like which Quirk is actually doing what.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Woozie66 posted:

Something that's kinda frustrating about these fights is how Quirks have such specific rules established for them, but AFO/Shiggy just keep doing stuff. It's almost counterintuitive but I would prefer the narrator or spectators to announce like which Quirk is actually doing what.

It's a big part of why I disliked the Star and Stripe fight and fell off soon after.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Woozie66 posted:

"This is Stain's Quirk: Bloodcurdle. It has the power to paralyze people when Stain's tongue comes in contact with the blood of the victim, with different blood types having different length of paralysis." - Then

"Uhhh... The hands just keep growing or something, IDK." - Now

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Gruckles posted:

Just need Mei to perform emergency surgery and transplant some engine parts sliced off of Iida's legs.

I'm here for Iikugo, if only for the ikuzo pun

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Second's Quirk is Fusion, which allows a Quirk wielder to fuse with another Quirk wielder to create a new and more powerful form, with the downside that the fusion is permanent. Deku and Bakugo fuse into Dekugo (Supername name: All-Dynamight) which gives him the power to make all of his other quirks cause explosions and gives him even greater speed and powerful.

After winning Eri will defuse them using her power.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The Second's Quirk is Fusion, which allows a Quirk wielder to fuse with another Quirk wielder to create a new and more powerful form, with the downside that the fusion is permanent. Deku and Bakugo fuse into Dekugo (Supername name: All-Dynamight) which gives him the power to make all of his other quirks cause explosions and gives him even greater speed and powerful.

After winning Eri will defuse them using her power.

Deku fuses with Bakugo’s corpse and he’s just hauling that thing around in a conjoined twin situation for the entire fight

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

TheKingofSprings posted:

Deku fuses with Bakugo’s corpse and he’s just hauling that thing around in a conjoined twin situation for the entire fight

Can't believe TF2 predicted MHA

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Deku flails Shigaraki to death with Bakugou's corpse so that he can still technically call it a W

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FireWorksWell posted:

He absorbed Rewind from a bullet and apparently has no issue controlling it because apparently Shiggy isn't enough of a tedious threat

it would be really funny if it turned out that he DIDN'T have any control over it and he basically kills himself with the rewind next chapter

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

The Second's Quirk allows Deku to start writing the manga.

can't believe horikoshi's assistant stole the ending of mha and made it into his own manga. no wonder red hood was canceled

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I feel nothing about these events in the least.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

it would be really funny if it turned out that he DIDN'T have any control over it and he basically kills himself with the rewind next chapter
He refers to this trick he's doing as being risky/self-sacrificial and says his original body isn't good for much so that wouldn't shock me. Or if it doesn't last forever.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It probably won't stick, but if Bakugo really is just dead for good and doesn't come back in any way, and the story just carries on, that'd be funny as heck.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The Second's quirk will be Time Reversal, but actual time reversal. like not Eri "Rewind a person." undo the entire fight.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ah, the homestuck maneuver

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It would be funny if Dabi's unending desire to be the one to kill Endeavor ended up screwing over All For One somehow.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Oxxidation posted:

The second OFA quirk is actually Terezi's future sight showing Deku what'd happen if Toga kidnapped him.

Man, that Homestuck scene felt like such an asspull when I was reading it a few weeks ago.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 20, 2022

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Onmi posted:

The Second's quirk will be Time Reversal, but actual time reversal. like not Eri "Rewind a person." undo the entire fight.

Deku overshoots it with OFA supercharging his quirk and he accidentally becomes his own father

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Dolash posted:

It probably won't stick, but if Bakugo really is just dead for good and doesn't come back in any way, and the story just carries on, that'd be funny as heck.

Deku is going to show up with an international hero whose quirk is regrowing hearts. He doesn't get to use this quirk often, but boy does it come in handy when he does.

CharlestonJew posted:

Deku overshoots it with OFA supercharging his quirk and he accidentally becomes his own father

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64n4EVeU71Y

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Delphisage posted:

We'd just end up making jokes about MHA turning into Black Clover.

That'd be a good thing

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
If Gentle Criminal pops up to save the day then all is forgiven IMO

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

La Brava will hack Skeptic and force him to like and comment on all of Gentle's videos and then subscribe, foiling his evil plan in the process.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

This but Skycrawler.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SpacePig posted:

This but Skycrawler.

If only we could be so blessed

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Honestly, I'm okay with Koichi not showing up to be no-sold by Shiggy.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Onmi posted:

Are you saying that this entire fight will be decided by a [Ghost Trick]?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Terminator did it first.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

La Brava will hack Skeptic and force him to like and comment on all of Gentle's videos and then subscribe, foiling his evil plan in the process.

Honestly. La Brava being the one to counter Skeptic's hacking seems like viable option here. No other character has shown any kind of hacking skills in the series, so I'm not sure who else would be the one to stop him. The Principal?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Onmi posted:

The reason this is the last arc is that it's leading into a sequel series that begins after Deku rewinds time to the beginning of the series, like Muv Luv Alternative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-363/chapter/25106?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013862

Basically one long villain monologue split up between 3 people.

What I'm most interested in are the two sleeper agents (?) on page 11.