Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Maybe it's bad because it doesn't shatter the block and send her broken corpse reeling like it ought to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

thexerox123 posted:

Why would that be a stupid change?

alright, let's assume this is intentional. better start making changes across the board to make things more consistent because it would be really weird if only doomfist can do this. rein can charge her now, orisa can halt her, junkrat/pharah explosives can bump her around a bit, roadhog can hook her now, etc.

oops, we just nerfed mei for no reason when she isn't even that good to begin with when she uses an already not-great move

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

thexerox123 posted:

Why would that be a stupid change?

She's already one of the weaker characters and one thing people generally agree she's good at is stalling, which this would completely ruin. It also makes things weird and inconsistent, Doomfist can't affect immobile objects like bastion or Orisa using fortify, but he can totally punch Mei away?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Wrist Watch posted:

Doomfist can't affect immobile objects like bastion or Orisa using fortify, but he can totally punch Mei away?

People are saying a fully charged punch can knock Bastion out of sentry mode on PTR, like how Reinhardt can charge him out. Punching Mei iceblocks might be an unexpected side effect.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kaubocks posted:

alright, let's assume this is intentional. better start making changes across the board to make things more consistent because it would be really weird if only doomfist can do this. rein can charge her now, orisa can halt her, junkrat/pharah explosives can bump her around a bit, roadhog can hook her now, etc.

oops, we just nerfed mei for no reason when she isn't even that good to begin with when she uses an already not-great move

You can totally justify some bullshit reason about why the supervillain robot armed punching man can punch the immobile block of ice but not those other characters

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nah, coming up with that kind of lore-based reasoning for gameplay isn't a good idea. There need to be consistent mechanical rules-- ie, a character/object is either in an "immovable" state or it isn't.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Suspicious Cook posted:

People are saying a fully charged punch can knock Bastion out of sentry mode on PTR, like how Reinhardt can charge him out. Punching Mei iceblocks might be an unexpected side effect.

If true, while I appreciate the consistency, I'm really not liking this new method of balancing characters by creating weird interactions between the low tiers. Mei cleansing Ana's nade with cryo is pretty unnecessary too, imo

Like, it's useful but there are so many other changes they could look at and they choose this?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Nah, coming up with that kind of lore-based reasoning for gameplay isn't a good idea. There need to be consistent mechanical rules-- ie, a character/object is either in an "immovable" state or it isn't.

So they should change how Bastion's sentry mode can already be effected differently by different characters too?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

thexerox123 posted:

So they should change how Bastion's sentry mode can already be effected differently by different characters too?

Might be a good idea. If asking "Which abilities can move which objects/characters?" gives you a wonky venn diagram, that may indicate a need to unify those rules and get everything in line.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

Might be a good idea. If asking "Which abilities can move which objects/characters?" gives you a wonky venn diagram, that may indicate a need to unify those rules and get everything in line.

Or you can just play the game and get used to it instead of making diagrams about it.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

Mei cleansing Ana's nade with cryo is pretty unnecessary too, imo

This is more consistent though, because all other immunity effects clear the debuff.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Wrist Watch posted:

https://streamable.com/a28py

Just had this shared with me, apparently this is currently how it works on the ptr. I'm really hoping this is a bug, that would be such a stupid change

Does Doomfist have infinite shotgun fist ammo on the PTR, or is it just because that's a custom crosshair that it hides the ammo?

Edit: just noticed the cracked, frozen ground effect remains at the initial location and disappears when she breaks out.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Doomfist arguably has more bad matchups than Mei and even worse teamplay capability. Moving an ice blocked Mei isn't that big of a deal as long as she's still invincible/healing. It'll just be hilarious in the edge cases where he knocks her frozen rock into a pit.

This is in contrast to before where if Doomfist hits an ice blocked Mei, he'll probably die since she can instantly unblock and freeze him.

But I also believe Mei needs a buff too, either more m1 damage, or a faster m2 at least

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award

Ravenfood posted:

The only time I suicided I just got teleported back to the cave.

You have to do it 4 timesn and you have a very short window to time your boost cooldown; otherwise if you take too long, one of the Mei's will see youu make your final jump.

It's more fun when they're marching towards the cave, they see "The yeti has returned to the cave", then "NO!! No I shall not be bound by my shackles!! I SHALL BE FREEEEEEEEE!" in text, and then "VICTORY".

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Just had a thought: does Doomfist have the same weird interaction with Mei's ice walls that Rein's charge has?

Guigui posted:

You have to do it 4 timesn and you have a very short window to time your boost cooldown; otherwise if you take too long, one of the Mei's will see youu make your final jump.

It's more fun when they're marching towards the cave, they see "The yeti has returned to the cave", then "NO!! No I shall not be bound by my shackles!! I SHALL BE FREEEEEEEEE!" in text, and then "VICTORY".

brb totally gonna go do this

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
I had a game like that last night. The Yeti jumped off and then quit and the Meis got a defeat. I wonder what the conditions are. The POTG was a hilarious shot of all of us running out of spawn and doing nothing.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
other than that its a fast weekly lootbox generator, the mode sucks really bad

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Nullsmack posted:

I had a game like that last night. The Yeti jumped off and then quit and the Meis got a defeat. I wonder what the conditions are. The POTG was a hilarious shot of all of us running out of spawn and doing nothing.

If the yeti quits the game, Meis get defeat. If the yeti jumps off and dies, Meis get victory.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Was pretty happy with this Hog POTG, felt like an advert for his abilities, interrupt Rein trying to ult, whole hog a squishy, throw a crazy hook, then erase Soldier with a right click

https://gfycat.com/WeakCapitalDanishswedishfarmdog

Also re: Mei poo poo, it's cool they try these new event modes but you can see they are hitting the limits of their own engine because they are really bad generally

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

EMC posted:

Was pretty happy with this Hog POTG, felt like an advert for his abilities, interrupt Rein trying to ult, whole hog a squishy, throw a crazy hook, then erase Soldier with a right click

https://gfycat.com/WeakCapitalDanishswedishfarmdog

Also re: Mei poo poo, it's cool they try these new event modes but you can see they are hitting the limits of their own engine because they are really bad generally

I think the biggest problem is they keep trying to make every event a knock-off of a WoW raid or boss fight. Maybe try some game modes actually designed for shooters?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think the solution for Mei is to let her move faster by shooting the ground in front of her

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Armacham posted:

I think the biggest problem is they keep trying to make every event a knock-off of a WoW raid or boss fight. Maybe try some game modes actually designed for shooters?

let me tell you about the first person shooter video game Evolve

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
All those Doomfist event unlocks are pretty nice, they really went all out on him after five months of not much.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why do they hate doomfist so much

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Jeff said there will be more fixes for him in January.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Supercar Gautier posted:

And shaman cant use swords because 'lore'

:jerkbag:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

turtlecrunch posted:

Jeff said there will be more fixes for him in January.

:airquote: Fixes :airquote:

Doomfist needs some type of damage mitigation from the front while fisting. It's too easy to damage him while he's charging at you considering how much noise he makes.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I like the yeti mode even if I really suck as Winston in it

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I played badly enough that the game had to make a new worst place just for me

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Doomfist needs some type of damage mitigation from the front while fisting. It's too easy to damage him while he's charging at you considering how much noise he makes.

no that's the best, his corpse pinwheeling past you with its charge momentum is an amazing thing

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think he needs damage reduction at any point. they just need to fix his stupid garbage hitbox

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Doomfist charging into my trap as Junkrat is the best. Especially if he’s low enough on health the trap itself kills him

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

I never hear a Hanzo split one-shot coming, make that bitch noisy as well

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
better yet just delete hanzo

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
People don't like the Snowball game? This is my first winter with Overwatch and I actually like it a lot, thought maybe that's just because I've been on winning teams regardless of how I do. It's fun and usually quick.

Though I'm having a bit of trouble with the achievement for hitting someone from 25 yards. I've hit people from a fair distance, but apparently not enough. I thought the one for hitting 3 people in a game as they reload would be harder, since most people are cogent enough to wait until they're safe, but it got it.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 15, 2017

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Armacham posted:

Uprising was awesome, though.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Dr Christmas posted:

People don't like the Snowball game? This is my first winter with Overwatch and I actually like it a lot, thought maybe that's just because I've been on winning teams regardless of how I do. It's fun and usually quick.

If you're not spamming the "A-mei-zing" voice line throughout the match you're playing it wrong.

Maybe one or two "Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry" if you just hosed it up for your team.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SpaceCommie posted:

If you're not spamming the "A-mei-zing" voice line throughout the match you're playing it wrong.

Oh god you are the worst thing about the drat mode.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Oh god you are the worst thing about the drat mode.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was only trying to help!