Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Its on steam too? I look forward to getting stuck on a lovely moon trying to figure out a dead races base counting system to decode their door lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Never buy old games on steam.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yikes thats certainly some art

Really nice of them to include this in their steam page's image rotation :nws: jeeze :nws:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
If you're looking at that store page, that's the kind of image you're expecting, though. Who's still surprised by this stuff?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Dex is pretty cool, I'm two hours in and it feels like a full price 2D PS1 game. Also there can never be enough Cyberpunk.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

sauer kraut posted:

God drat Kingdoms of Amalur is like crack cocaine for unemployed poors who have 200 hours to kill.
Can't recommend this enough for 10$

It's literally the same goddamn game all the way through though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cryohazard posted:

It's literally the same goddamn game all the way through though.

Crackheads are pretty hosed up, though.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Yikes thats certainly some art

Really nice of them to include this in their steam page's image rotation :nws: jeeze :nws:

I'm gonna buy it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nadia looks like solid waifu material

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm gonna buy it

That's okay, you don't have to because the developer is offering review copies to reviewers and bloggers and stuff https://twitter.com/Lupiesoft/status/581179339544223744

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

That's okay, you don't have to because the developer is offering review copies to reviewers and bloggers and stuff https://twitter.com/Lupiesoft/status/581179339544223744

Fuckin' epic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I've got a whole buncha funds again in my SA-Mart thread, if you're looking for cheaper games. GTA V, Witcher 3, etc at a discount(or in the case of Witcher, a further discount).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Orv posted:

:dong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysu6hAT50z8

Also speaking of Armada, GOG is getting a bunch of Star Trek games and I hope that is amongst them. :unsmith:

those spaceships are like tailor-made for idiot nerds

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

anda some yuri too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Humble Store Spring Sale Day 1:

Rogue Legacy - $2.99
Hatoful Boyfriend - $2.49
This War of Mine Deluxe Edition - $9.99
The Long Dark - $9.99
Just Cause 1 - $0.99
Grim Fandango Remastered - $9.99
Talos Principle - $29.99
Wolfenstein New Order - $29.99
Apotheon - $5.99
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Edition - $3.74
Super Time Force Ultra - $6.74
Broken Age (now w/ Act II) - $12.49
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition - $4.99
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition - $3.74
System Shock 2 - $0.99
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - $4.99
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut - $2.49
Antichamber - $1.99
Legend of Grimrock - $2.99
Deadcore - $3.33
Platformines - $2.49
Inversion - $2.49
A Story About My Uncle - $2.59
The Inner World - $2.99
Toki Tori 2+ - $2.99
Trine Enhanced Edition - $2.99
Shadow Man - $1.49
VVVVVV - $1.49
Dustforce - $2.99
Tiny & Big - $2.99
Retro City Rampage DX - $2.99

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 8, 2015

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Is there a list of mods/fixes for Dark Souls that I should be aware of before purchasing it? I've heard vaguely that it wasn't a great PC port.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a list of mods/fixes for Dark Souls that I should be aware of before purchasing it? I've heard vaguely that it wasn't a great PC port.

Dsfix is a must, but since GFWL is gone, it's really all you need.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Quest For Glory II posted:

These seem like normal prices, not sale prices. Am I missing something? Oh nevermind. The normal priced ones that I might care about are too recent to be on sale.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I remember hearing good things about Inversion here, but it's got mixed reviews on Steam. Goon thoughts, please. :shobon:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

corn in the bible posted:

those spaceships are like tailor-made for idiot nerds
Man, you really don't like warhammer do you.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Drifter posted:

These seem like normal prices, not sale prices. Am I missing something? Oh nevermind. The normal priced ones that I might care about are too recent to be on sale.

yea the older stuff is at standard sale prices. other than ck2 dlc don't buy that here

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I really liked Heroes of Might and Magic III, but I've neglected to look at the series past that point since I'd heard bad things about them in varying degrees. But I've been getting pretty burned out over just playing III all the time and want to check out something newer. How do 4-6 rank up in terms of how good they are?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

"wasn't great" is an understatement. It's the worst PC port I have ever played and hopefully will ever play. It is trash held together by bits of twine, nose hair and elmer's glue. It is also completely worth the trouble.

Just make sure you have a controller (keyboard and mouse is only barely playable) and follow the instructions for DSfix.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gestalt Intellect posted:

"wasn't great" is an understatement. It's the worst PC port I have ever played and hopefully will ever play.
Deadly Premonition

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

"wasn't great" is an understatement. It's the worst PC port I have ever played and hopefully will ever play. It is trash held together by bits of twine, nose hair and elmer's glue.
lol

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I dunno, I think Saints Row 2 was the worst pc port I've ever played.

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
glad to see math rescue is on sale for only $30

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There's a ton worse ports than DS1. DS1's issue was that it was a very direct port (and GFWL, but that's gone.)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Yeah if Dark Souls is the worst PC port you've ever played, you haven't played some of the worst PC ports out there. Just install dsfix and tweak the settings a bit and there aren't really any big problems. Had much bigger issues with Saints Row 2.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The dark souls port was a perfectly fine direct port of the console version. That was a problem, but it wasn't the hell some whiny bitches make it out to be.

dsfix fixes all the issues.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Deadly Premonition

Devil May Cry 3.

loving RE4 didn't have mouse support.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is This War of Mine an actual game or an interactive feel bad simulator?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This War of Mine Deluxe Edition - $9.99

This seems like the lowest it has been from checking IsThereAnyDeal.com. May have to get it finally.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
lol at dark souls being the worst port anyone's played

try poo poo like halo 2, or gears for war on pc if that doesn't kill the hard drive you install it on when you first boot the game

pandaK posted:

Yes.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Like I have nothing against the latter, but I want to know if the game has a win or fail state instead of just forcing you into a predetermined series of events.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

pandaK posted:

Like I have nothing against the latter, but I want to know if the game has a win or fail state instead of just forcing you into a predetermined series of events.

You fail if everyone dies or kills themselves, you win if you make it to like day 45 (There's actually multiple endings though depending on the makeup of your group and several other events so the end could come as soon as day 25).

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

pandaK posted:

It's both.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

gears for war on pc if that doesn't kill the hard drive you install it on when you first boot the game

Oh man, I completely forgot about that, that was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
:stare: Please explain further. What was that game that when you uninstalled it it took the C drive with it? Myth II?

• Locked thread