Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

FactsAreUseless posted:

This especially hurts the Dems longterm, because if young people aren't excited about being part of the party, you can't develop new talent.

Maybe Buttgieg will become enough of a meme to get young people involved anyway. Worked for Trump, at least. Get Pete trending on reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

RDPON?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

Maybe Buttgieg will become enough of a meme to get young people involved anyway. Worked for Trump, at least. Get Pete trending on reddit.
It's not a question of memes, this is dumb and reductionist "youths only care about SOME GIZMO" bullshit.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

FactsAreUseless posted:

This especially hurts the Dems longterm, because if young people aren't excited about being part of the party, you can't develop new talent.

who can forget the critical role played by reince priebus in reinvigorating the GOP

dnc is a party hack job, nobody will remember who tom perez is in six months

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
heck buttigeig memes got me rooting for him

srs lol @ yall

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"trust us, folks, we've really got a plan to turn things around"

"what's the plan"

"it's last year's plan, only we're gonna be racists now."

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's not a question of memes, this is dumb and reductionist "youths only care about SOME GIZMO" bullshit.

(I was joking.)

Though I really did know people who fell in love with Trump because of memes, which is incredibly depressing.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

(I was joking.)

mods???

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fallen Hamprince posted:

who can forget the critical role played by reince priebus in reinvigorating the GOP

I can't really argue with this.

Probably Magic posted:

(I was joking.)

Though I really did know people who fell in love with Trump because of memes, which is incredibly depressing.
I have severe D&D poisoning, I'm sorry.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

In the end it was the centrists who were the real accelerationists.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Im lazy but I bet if you dig back through this guy's post history you'll find him saying nobody will remember/care about Bernie Sanders in X months.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Ace of Baes posted:

Im lazy but I bet if you dig back through this guy's post history you'll find him saying nobody will remember/care about Bernie Sanders in X months.
he still exerts gobs of primary/general election salt in the trump thread once a day, even

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

well i am disappointed pete did not win because hes roughly 100x a better advocate for democrats and leftism than perez or ellison

but i am happy ellison did not win because he seemed intent on empowering shitlords like ray buckley who are literally the worst possible elements of the democratic party

perez is a dem progressive pretty similar to your liz warren and sherrod brown types, his demonization is over the top imo. I don't like him much on a personal level but he would have been considered the extreme left candidate for a dnc chair job 24 months ago. Ideologicially he isn't really a big issue, he is just boring. I think he is absolutely miles to the left of DWS (or brazille) and will probably be an ok chair. I think everyone should focus on what matters which is running good candidates for offices and winning primaries and generals.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Ace of Baes posted:

forums search works

also yes perez is the new bernie sanders, ur exactly right

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have severe D&D poisoning, I'm sorry.

To be fair, I post like an rear end in a top hat, so it's understandable.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

buttigeig 2020

buttigeig 2024

buttigeig 2028

buttigeig 2048

buttigeig forever, hail comrade buttigeig

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gonna watch 2/3 of the buttigieg supporters itt switch to chelsea and decry buttbros in the 2028 elections, the first elections after World War III

(unironically)

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i am a buttbro

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i am a buttbro

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i am a buttbro

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

gonna watch 2/3 of the buttigieg supporters itt switch to chelsea and decry buttbros in the 2028 elections, the first elections after World War III

(unironically)

*watches unironically*

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i am a buttbro

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Stop voting for democrats

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i am a buttbro

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The Buttigieg meme is dumb and you should all be embarrassed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Ace of Baes posted:

The Buttigieg meme is dumb and you should all be embarrassed.

except, he is real good

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i am a buttbro

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
He was an Intel officer in the military lol, it's OK to be a natsec creep if you're gay and have a pretty face though?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think a lot of the people saying this did vote in the primaries.

If they were really committed to the party they would've participated in the primaries that mattered and donated a few million bucks.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Ace of Baes posted:

He was an Intel officer in the military lol, it's OK to be a natsec creep if you're gay and have a pretty face though?

the military is actually... good?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shear Modulus posted:

If they were really committed to the party they would've participated in the primaries that mattered and donated a few million bucks.

if they were really committed to the party, they would have been several thousand rustbelt voters

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

i am a buttbro

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ace of Baes posted:

Naval Reserve Corps Intelligence is a bit different than NSA

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

if they were really committed to the party, they would have been several thousand rustbelt voters

if they were really commited they would have stomed the vote enmasse and started the executions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

They were, but Clinton didn't respond when the SEIU called her.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Ace of Baes posted:

realtalk military intelligence is much, much more boring than you'd imagine it is

the deep, complex political intrigue of keeping track of war asset and troop movements

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

realtalk military intelligence is much, much more boring than you'd imagine it is

the deep, complex political intrigue of keeping track of war asset and troop movements

my dad did a few months of Intel work in the navy back in the 70s and he said he mostly stared at high altitude photos of 3rd world poo poo hole harbours counting fishing boats

NSA it aint

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ace of Baes posted:

this is a Bad Post

military intel work is either squinting at photos to figure out if the dots are haystacks or tanks, or writing up long briefs of enemy capabilities that get ignored until historians cite them decades later

Vincent Van Goatse has issued a correction as of 02:45 on Feb 26, 2017

• Locked thread