Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I just have to get like 4 more ravens in God of War and I'm at 100% :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
What the gently caress. I bought Yakuza 0 to have a chicken manager, not to feel.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I just bought a PS4 for Yakuza 0 and Majima's intro is worth the price of a new console.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It’s one of the greatest video game scenes ever

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Over There posted:

What the gently caress. I bought Yakuza 0 to have a chicken manager, not to feel.

you didn't expect to feel strong emotions for your pet chicken, nugget?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fridge corn posted:

All those better games will still be there when I'm finished with Andromeda and they will most likely be cheaper as well

What exactly are you expecting to get out of Andromeda that hasn't already been shared by everyone else telling you "it's terrible?" Power to you for wanting to go in with an open mind and all, but I'll save you some time on how your experience will go;

You'll think it's fine to start with, maybe even have some fun, but then you'll find something. Something you find interesting in the story, or a character you like, and realize there's nothing more to anything you see beyond an eggshell-thin hope you won't ask questions about anything in the setting. That cool setpiece? We're done with it now, MOVE ALONG PLEASE AND DON'T THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE! A character you liked? Well they've had their sole story-relevant conversation so MOVE ALONG PLEASE, DO NOT THINK ABOUT THEM ANYMORE! There is no polish or real care to most of the game, it just wants you moving from story beat to story beat.

The party members are also pretty loving terrible, save for Grandpa Krogan. And he's not worth playing through the game just to see, to be honest.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

SardonicTyrant posted:

I just bought a PS4 for Yakuza 0 and Majima's intro is worth the price of a new console.

Bless

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

thats_rad.gif

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Over There posted:

The main story of a given Yakuza game is usually mostly serious and/or emotional, it’s the side stuff that gets wacky. Generally.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/KG0jOkb.mp4

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is that in yakuza 6?

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Manatee Cannon posted:

is that in yakuza 6?

no unfortunately, it's in Kiwami 2, which is coming out in August later this year.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
He has a lust for life that just makes me so happy, even if it's not the life I want.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

I would marry this man, no questions asked

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What exactly are you expecting to get out of Andromeda that hasn't already been shared by everyone else telling you "it's terrible?" Power to you for wanting to go in with an open mind and all, but I'll save you some time on how your experience will go;

You'll think it's fine to start with, maybe even have some fun, but then you'll find something. Something you find interesting in the story, or a character you like, and realize there's nothing more to anything you see beyond an eggshell-thin hope you won't ask questions about anything in the setting. That cool setpiece? We're done with it now, MOVE ALONG PLEASE AND DON'T THINK ABOUT IT ANYMORE! A character you liked? Well they've had their sole story-relevant conversation so MOVE ALONG PLEASE, DO NOT THINK ABOUT THEM ANYMORE! There is no polish or real care to most of the game, it just wants you moving from story beat to story beat.

The party members are also pretty loving terrible, save for Grandpa Krogan. And he's not worth playing through the game just to see, to be honest.

I don't care about the story or characters I just want to shotgun some aliens in the face

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
These yakuza gifs make me excited to start that game!

I almost want to play it alongside Nier, but I know I will get sidetracked, so I am making sure to try and stay on target :D

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Got a few questions regarding PSTV.

1) I don't know much about that device, the little I know is that you can play PSVita games (at least the ones I own via PS+), just pairing my PS4 controller to it, is that right?
2) Is still under production/sale?
3) Let's say that my PS4 is on my computer room, can I stream Until Dawn to the PSTV on my living room so I can play it with my wife without needing to move my ps4?

I know that I'll end buying a 2nd PS4 by the end of the year so the PSTV will become obsolete but getting one for 30€ or so sounds kinda nice considering that I'm often away on weekends.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 10:51 on May 4, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

He has a lust for life that just makes me so happy, even if it's not the life I want.

Who wouldn't want to be a knife-wieldin cage-fightin construction-hat-wearin sonnuvabitch?

https://i.imgur.com/PqogcxJ.mp4

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I cant give my guy in mass effect a massive bushy beard. You guys were right this game is garbage

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Guillermus posted:

Got a few questions regarding PSTV.

1) I don't know much about that device, the little I know is that you can play PSVita games (at least the ones I own via PS+), just pairing my PS4 controller to it, is that right?
2) Is still under production/sale?
3) Let's say that my PS4 is on my computer room, can I stream Until Dawn to the PSTV on my living room so I can play it with my wife without needing to move my ps4?

I know that I'll end buying a 2nd PS4 by the end of the year so the PSTV will become obsolete but getting one for 30€ or so sounds kinda nice considering that I'm often away on weekends.
Not all Vita games are compatible with PSTV.

Support extends to some PSP and PS1 games, though, just like on the Vita.

Yes you can stream from the PS4, but you’re limited to 720p.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

VideoGames posted:

These yakuza gifs make me excited to start that game!

I almost want to play it alongside Nier, but I know I will get sidetracked, so I am making sure to try and stay on target :D

How far in are you at this point? Still slogging through B?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

Who wouldn't want to be a knife-wieldin cage-fightin construction-hat-wearin sonnuvabitch?
He has been known to kidnap little girls.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

He has been known to kidnap little girls.

https://i.imgur.com/QgVYAM5.mp4

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I haven't been playing Hokuto ga Gotoku with the Kiryu skin but when you do it looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDi4QaDOtz0

Also Majima's VA is in the game as Jagi, but if you're a fan of both you should be able to guess without mouseovering.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

HGH posted:

How far in are you at this point? Still slogging through B?

I think I am still on A. I have not gotten to the end or had to make any new decisions yet. (Currently gaming time is very limited but hoping that will change in seven months!)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I haven't been playing Hokuto ga Gotoku with the Kiryu skin but when you do it looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDi4QaDOtz0

Also Majima's VA is in the game as Jagi, but if you're a fan of both you should be able to guess without mouseovering.

How does Fist of the North Star compare to Yakuza in terms of fighting? Like yeah it's high fantasy, but can I pick up a motorcycle and bash a guy with it?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

How does Fist of the North Star compare to Yakuza in terms of fighting? Like yeah it's high fantasy, but can I pick up a motorcycle and bash a guy with it?
No you pick up enemies’ death screams and hit other enemies with them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What are traffic cones in this analogy?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm really looking forward to finding more on Yakuza 7 myself. The new protag looks rad as hell. Very Lupin the 3rd.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

What are traffic cones in this analogy?
Analogy? You literally pick up their death screams and swing them at enemies. There aren’t any other environmental weapons.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Samurai Sanders posted:

No you pick up enemies’ death screams and hit other enemies with them.

This is literally true, by the way.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

fridge corn posted:

I cant give my guy in mass effect a massive bushy beard. You guys were right this game is garbage
You bought the wrong game. You wanted Alpha Protocol.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

shoulda got god of war if you wanted a sweet beard imo

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

SardonicTyrant posted:

You bought the wrong game. You wanted Alpha Protocol.

The giant beard and the ushanka hat were vital elements of my “Captain Shotgun rear end in a top hat” run.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Dad of Beard

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

fridge corn posted:

Oh you can have a beard all right. Just not the kind that goes on your face.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

VideoGames posted:

I think I am still on A. I have not gotten to the end or had to make any new decisions yet. (Currently gaming time is very limited but hoping that will change in seven months!)

I have unsuccessfully started playing Nier: Automata like five times now! The whole "there's 26 endings" thing was really daunting to me, I guess. For whatever reason, I'd get to Pascal's Village each time and quit. It wasn't until I read a couple of things -- namely that the base game is only 15-20 hours, and most of the endings are just quick blurbs that take place during a playthrough rather than requiring an entire playthrough -- that I stuck to it.

Although now I also know some spoilery things that I shouldn't know, and it almost makes it as if "playing up to Pascal's Village and quitting every 3 months" is part of the game's meta, like the secret 27th ending. Damnit Taro Yoko...

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Automata has my favorite twist in years

Yorha getting annihilated and even the main character gets killed

Its all done so well and raises the stakes higher than I couldve ever imagined when I first started the game.

And the suprises dont end there either

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

WaltherFeng posted:

Its all done so well and raises the stakes higher than I couldve ever imagined when I first started the game.

Even better for me in that same scene is when all that happens, and THEN the title appears, almost as if to say "Oh, those other playthroughs? That was just the prologue."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WaltherFeng posted:

Gonna share something I made for The Dark Id's LP that I think sums up that entire twist nicely. BIG SPOILERS, obviously.