Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I was just going to write Richard Lewis a note, Robin

Argg, beaten by less then a minute.

EDIT: good, we needed this at the top of a page, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
what's the difference if i write him a note now or in an hour.......BACK. GET IT????

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Richard Lewis' stand up never connected with me. Until I came out the other end of being a depressed alcoholic and now it's some funny rear end poo poo.

I completely forgot he had that sitcom with John Ritter and Jamie Lee Curtis.

Think I might start my re-watch of Curb this weekend. Time it just right to complete the finale in a few weeks.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
He was so great on Curb, him and Larry had this great antagonistic-but-best-friends dynamic. Larry's eulogy was perfectly Larry, poignant, sad and funny.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What did he die from? Cancer ?

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

What did he die from? Cancer ?

Nope, heart attack. He had multiple health issues like Parkinson's which probably contributed to it. Rest in peace, funnyman

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
78 year old dude has multiple health issues and dies from heart attack. I heard he had a vaccine once.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What du dalkin bout dillis

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've never watched Curb but I love Seinfeld so I'm going to LTTP the hell out of it at some point. I also didn't watch a single episode of Always Sunny until last year (it's awesome). Envy my ability to ration out entertainment over the course of decades!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Musculature

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

The first season of Curb aired in October 2000 and it's surreal at times. That also makes we want to binge Sopranos again, which is also at 25 years.

I know there have been years between seasons but is there any other currently airing scripted show that has been on so long?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Bonzo posted:

The first season of Curb aired in October 2000 and it's surreal at times. That also makes we want to binge Sopranos again, which is also at 25 years.

I know there have been years between seasons but is there any other currently airing scripted show that has been on so long?

I just did this in Feb, and was great (until the last season - same as the first time).

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ether Frenzy posted:

I've never watched Curb but I love Seinfeld so I'm going to LTTP the hell out of it at some point. I also didn't watch a single episode of Always Sunny until last year (it's awesome). Envy my ability to ration out entertainment over the course of decades!

I do envy you. Curb is the funniest goddamn show on TV, its last season so far had a couple meh episodes but the last one or third one was great. And once you get to the seasons with JB Smoove, and the season with The Bisexual and Palestinian Chicken, you'll see why so many people love it. No spoilers here though!

Another good thing about the show is that for me, it has good rewatchability. I can watch The Bisexual like dozens of times (spaced out I mean) and I still love it. There are only a few shows that I can do that with like Seinfeld. And for audio only, HSS compilations, or single episodes, on repeat.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Mostly animated shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy.

But Law and Order SVU, NCIS and Gray’s Anatomy are the big ones that have been running for a very long time.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Bonzo posted:

Soap operas take the crown for this one. General Hospital has been on since 1963 and on Wikipedia it says that there are over 15,000 episodes. Time for a binge watch!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
and I got a hairdryer that I want to sell, and hold on I got the box over here..

..hold on..

..hyello?

Now this folks, you need to listen to this, a contractor is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zTiMjdFFCc&t=867s

timestamp

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 3, 2024

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

uhTHANKya FORya CAWWW

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

It's an item

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

ahwha

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That's it. You're on the shitlist.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
ARRIVEDERCI COCK SUCKER!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

What

a

Piece

of

assss

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

DeadBonesBrook posted:

ARRIVEDERCI COCK SUCKER!

When a lawyer call it mean something bad!

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Bonzo posted:

It's an item

An I. T. E. M.?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Talking to my little brother today about finance and stuff and while joking we came up with a good idea that whenever we zelle/venmo each other the payment comment is always going to be: gently caress books

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

This is my good side, Robin!

https://v.redd.it/cz79h2x0hemc1

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

If you look like ricky martin jump in to the shower now!!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

I remember seeing something like this years ago, but this feels way more extensive. There is a specific place on the couch he sits and a mark on the floor where they put a box so Jason can get the right angle above him. It's so odd he got famous for being so self-effacing but is a total weirdo narcissist.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

One the other hand, it's efficient. No need to reposition or retake because the camera wasn't high enough. Means they can get a quick photo, send the celeb is off to GMA, then Howard hides in his office eating a plain baked potato for commercial break.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, but you know that's not the case. Howard has said straight up that he does that because he is usually sitting with beautiful celebrities and wants to minimize how ugly he looks and thinks that's the best way to do it.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

This is one of those things where I already explicitly knew the horror of it before I saw it, but editing it all together like that makes it shocking.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

They are running some classic early ETM stuff on 101 right now, drat it's good to hear some mostly-sober Artie from his prime.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Why do you want to visit New York, Eric? So you can see the bottom 3 inches of every building?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I like to think that if he were still alive he's be calling in and demanding they play different segments or edit them to his liking.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

My girlfriend and I are watching Fringe for the first time and I completely forgot about ETM’s appearance in it.

When he showed up in that episode everything came rushing back and I couldn’t stop laughing. Poor lil guy’s head asplode..

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

I like to think that if he were still alive he's be calling in and demanding they play different segments or edit them to his liking.

He'd absolutely call the show boring to Howard's face (or over the phone), or at the very least, he'd say it was boring when he wasn't interviewing someone from country music, or American Idol.

Eric was American Idle.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Last Chance posted:

My girlfriend and I are watching Fringe for the first time and I completely forgot about ETM’s appearance in it.

When he showed up in that episode everything came rushing back and I couldn’t stop laughing. Poor lil guy’s head asplode..

And he was so pissed about them doing it without telling him he added a clause for his future contracts that they weren't allow to kill him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Not related to THSS but Thank You to whoever the goon was here back in 2019 who told me about Funhaus- They haven't had the same quality/vibe since 2020 but I still loved them & watched almost everything the channel produced since the day that recommendation was put in the thread to finding out they're being shut down today, RIP :911: You gave me hundreds of hours of entertainment :cry:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

Not related to THSS

I actually initially read this as "Tony Hawk's Super Skater"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Last Chance posted:

KEYS, woman!