Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

It's a shame that the tedium of the game eradicated my ability to care about that at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Are they planning on porting yakuza 3 4 and 5 to ps4? The ps3 versions have jumped to stupid prices on ebay/amazon

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Yakuza director guy said in an interview they'd consider it if there's enough demand but I wouldn't hold your breath yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The Yakuza director guy said in an interview they'd consider it if there's enough demand but I wouldn't hold your breath yet.

Here's hoping something wacky happens to give them their time in the spotlight like Nier: Automata got.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Are they planning on porting yakuza 3 4 and 5 to ps4? The ps3 versions have jumped to stupid prices on ebay/amazon

Speak with your :10bux: its literally a case of needing to see demand to make it happen

4 and 5 exist digitally too

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 4, 2018

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It's time for Gio Corsi to sing the song of life once more.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Crappy Jack posted:

Even better for me in that same scene is when all that happens, and THEN the title appears, almost as if to say "Oh, those other playthroughs? That was just the prologue."
Theres a title in each playthrough.

Vikar Jerome posted:

4 and 5 were both given as PS+ games in the UK, it ruled. 5 wasn’t that long after it came out.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Vikar Jerome posted:

Can’t you buy 5 for PS3 on the PlayStation store?

But yeah, hopefully they get Kiwami’d. I think 0 caught on much more than they were expecting outside of Japan.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Akuma posted:

Theres a title in each playthrough.

I'm aware of that. It's just that I wasn't expecting another title drop 10 hours into the game. Without that third title drop, it might feel more like you're finally nearing the end, but that last title drop gives the implication that whatever is happening right now is just the beginning. I like the way that simple drop colored my whole reaction to everything going on.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
PS4 Thread: Who would win in a fight between Kratos and Dante?

Because I love Dante and from a mechanical standpoint I feel like Kratos can’t touch him, but Kratos has proven to be so invulnerable that he actually does die like... 3 times in the original trilogy and keeps on trucking so like, maybe Dante would technically style on him every fight but I doubt he could ever actually kill him...

Honestly I like Kratos chances vs Vergil are better because Vergil is the kind of self-assured rear end in a top hat that Kratos specializes in demolishing but Dante is just too stylish to let Kratos wail on him.

As an rear end-ide, who has the nicer buns: Bayonetta or Raiden (it’s Raiden)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bust Rodd posted:

Because I love Dante and from a mechanical standpoint I feel like Kratos can’t touch him, but Kratos has proven to be so invulnerable that he actually does die like... 3 times in the original trilogy and keeps on trucking so like, maybe Dante would technically style on him every fight but I doubt he could ever actually kill him...

Honestly I like Kratos chances vs Vergil are better because Vergil is the kind of self-assured rear end in a top hat that Kratos specializes in demolishing but Dante is just too stylish to let Kratos wail on him.

2B

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

2B doesn’t even survive her OWN game, bruh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

WaltherFeng posted:

Automata has my favorite twist in years

Yorha getting annihilated and even the main character gets killed

Its all done so well and raises the stakes higher than I couldve ever imagined when I first started the game.

And the suprises dont end there either

First game had a sick twist too

Vikar Jerome posted:

Basically gonna have to wait for yakuza 7 8 and 9 to get each of them

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bust Rodd posted:

2B doesn’t even survive her OWN game, bruh

Question was about buns. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Can’t you buy 5 for PS3 on the PlayStation store?

But yeah, hopefully they get Kiwami’d. I think 0 caught on much more than they were expecting outside of Japan.

Think psn is the only place to get 5, doesnt seem to have been a disc game outside japan from what i can tell. Can get 4 too but 3 is disc only and i prefer going disc but might not have a choice now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Vikar Jerome posted:

Think psn is the only place to get 5, doesnt seem to have been a disc game outside japan from what i can tell. Can get 4 too but 3 is disc only and i prefer going disc but might not have a choice now.

I really wish they'd put out a digital copy of Yakuza 3 because I'd for sure buy it at 20 bucks but not loving 80 from some lovely reseller.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Dante would take it, though Asura would completely murder the both of them.

Bust Rodd posted:

This is correct, as long as we're talking pre-Revengeance.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im hella mad kiryu didnt get into tekken 7

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I hope a new sega all star racing comes out with the yakuza gang in it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Akuma posted:

Not all Vita games are compatible with PSTV.

Support extends to some PSP and PS1 games, though, just like on the Vita.

Yes you can stream from the PS4, but you’re limited to 720p.

Thanks! Looks like it doesn't work like I expected. Let's see if at least can nag a 2nd hand one for 30 eurobucks until I can buy another ps4.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Housh posted:

I hope a new sega all star racing comes out with the yakuza gang in it.

Kiryu and panzer dragoon orta at the 2020 olympic games

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

I really wish they'd put out a digital copy of Yakuza 3 because I'd for sure buy it at 20 bucks but not loving 80 from some lovely reseller.

If you can deal with PSNow, I’m pretty sure it’s on there in the US.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

pretty sure nobody can kill kratos. even if you do kill him he’s just going to crawl out and start punching you again, there’s no winning

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mandrel posted:

pretty sure nobody can kill kratos. even if you do kill him he’s just going to crawl out and start punching you again, there’s no winning

Yeah hes been killed he just leaves hell equivalent. Including in Dad of War where they say you cant come back if you cross the bridge. but both Kratos/son and Baldur just do. so it wasnt too hard.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ugh. Even with fiber it feels off to me. I'm insanely picky though, it's why my steam link collects dust.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

Ugh. Even with fiber it feels off to me. I'm insanely picky though, it's why my steam link collects dust.

I want to try it, but I accidentally used my trial years ago and I don’t want to drop the steep as gently caress 20 bucks a month to test it. I get there’s a lot of content for the money, but Jesus, that’s a lot.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

I want to try it, but I accidentally used my trial years ago and I don’t want to drop the steep as gently caress 20 bucks a month to test it. I get there’s a lot of content for the money, but Jesus, that’s a lot.

I remember hearing about how they were going to let you rent single games instead of an all-access pass, when it was first announced. Still waiting (will be waiting forever).

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nail Rat posted:

I remember hearing about how they were going to let you rent single games instead of an all-access pass, when it was first announced. Still waiting (will be waiting forever).

Honestly, with how the system has a way to time/revoke licenses for free weekends and poo poo, I’m surprised they haven’t added a rental option to the store proper.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Honestly, with how the system has a way to time/revoke licenses for free weekends and poo poo, I’m surprised they haven’t added a rental option to the store proper.

Unless it's a fever dream this is something they touted before release but they just kind of dropped that idea.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

3 isn't because it came out before Sony mandated that all games be released digitally

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

lets hang out posted:

3 isn't because it came out before Sony mandated that all games be released digitally

I thought the deal with PSNow is that you are connecting to a PS3 somewhere, therefore it does include some games that don't have digital versions.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

I thought the deal with PSNow is that you are connecting to a PS3 somewhere, therefore it does include some games that don't have digital versions.

I just checked, it’s at least not on there right now. My bad. Could have sworn I saw it earlier.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I just checked, it’s at least not on there right now. My bad. Could have sworn I saw it earlier.

No worries, there is still plenty of Yakuza for me to enjoy and more coming in August.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Waltzing Along posted:

GoW is a good game. But for some reason I can't get it to play in HDR mode. My TV HDR works. So I'm not sure what is going on. I really hope I don't have to swap a cable. It's a bitch moving and rewiring everything.

Someone probably already responded to this, but I had the same problem until I enabled 'HDMI Deep Color' on my LG C7. This promptly broke the connection to the PS4 though since apparently Amazon Basics HDMI cables don't support true 4k HDR! I ordered a different cable and it worked like a charm.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there no GoW thread?

Couldn't find one. Does Boy ever look at things that are not there/have already been interacted with?

At times he's like: What's that? And then he just stands and stares at pretty much nothing. I find this confusing. Is it a bug?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there no GoW thread?

Couldn't find one. Does Boy ever look at things that are not there/have already been interacted with?

At times he's like: What's that? And then he just stands and stares at pretty much nothing. I find this confusing. Is it a bug?

I got a lot of "looks like some loot up there" in a obvious transition tunnel with no place to stop. For all the good in that game, boi isn't a good partner ai

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there no GoW thread?

There’s definitely a thread. I think 2, actually. One is tagged with the Slayer icon. People just really like doing “clever” titles and it can make a game’s thread really hard to find.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah the “for the lulz” GBS-style thread titles are funny maybe once but it’s also kind of annoying when you just want to find a specific game thread

This is the current GOW thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854721&perpage=40&pagenumber=54

Currently thread title is “MOGR.” Which if I thought about it long enough I could draw a GOW connection, probably not...

Before that it was a literal area code

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Mogr (but the "o" has a slash through it) is Scandanavian for "boy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yeah the “for the lulz” GBS-style thread titles are funny maybe once but it’s also kind of annoying when you just want to find a specific game thread

This is the current GOW thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854721&perpage=40&pagenumber=54

Currently thread title is “MOGR.” Which if I thought about it long enough I could draw a GOW connection, probably not...

Before that it was a literal area code

I even like funny thread titles sometimes, but if people could at least put the name of the game first, that would rule.