Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

For pvp eye of the storm and rangefinder is the best combo. I farmed for that one. Eye of the storm removes bloom when you take damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Mountain top done. Revoker to go.

:negative:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

actionjackson posted:

For pvp eye of the storm and rangefinder is the best combo. I farmed for that one. Eye of the storm removes bloom when you take damage.

Yeah, it's absolutely amazing for 1v1 duels.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've been spending time with my old friend Vigilance Wing and it is Good

But wowza there are no legendary heavies worth using

anglachel
May 28, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've been spending time with my old friend Vigilance Wing and it is Good

But wowza there are no legendary heavies worth using

Um a legendary heavy is the main pve meta right now, and plenty of people still running Hammerhead in pvp.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Yeah since using thorn more I've been using a decent roll hammerhead but I feel the same way. Maybe bad omens? Too big of a difference between wardcliff/other exotic heavy vs legendary heavy.

Edit: In pvp of course

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 2, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

anglachel posted:

Um a legendary heavy is the main pve meta right now, and plenty of people still running Hammerhead in pvp.

Sorry, I'm talking about pvp. Hammerhead is probably the least bad option... Maybe. So, so easy to bait all the ammo out of someone though

Lol @ "Pve meta"

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

For PVE I got a outlaw/demolitionist Austringer and I don't think I'll use another legendary hc in PVE again. 5 kills and you got your grenade back even if you don't have any other +grenade regen perks. It's almost exotic level good.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I run 3 legendary weapons in pvp right now. Vendor Bygones, erentil, play of the game (until I can finish the double kills abs medals for mountaintop). If I were to use another legendary heavy I would probably go hammerhead.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Emron posted:

I run 3 legendary weapons in pvp right now. Vendor Bygones, erentil, play of the game (until I can finish the double kills abs medals for mountaintop). If I were to use another legendary heavy I would probably go hammerhead.

I spent a season using nothing but POTG and once I finished mountaintop I was utterly blown away by how much better ward cliff is. It's insanity

Roman posted:

For PVE I got a outlaw/demolitionist Austringer and I don't think I'll use another legendary hc in PVE again. 5 kills and you got your grenade back even if you don't have any other +grenade regen perks. It's almost exotic level good.

God, I swear demolitionist doesn't do anything. I have a gnawing hunger with it and I can stare at the grenade meter as I chew through adds and nothing budges

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I spent a season using nothing but POTG and once I finished mountaintop I was utterly blown away by how much better ward cliff is. It's insanity

Yeah, with POTG I feel less effective with heavy than without it lol

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol @ "Pve meta"

No one was laughing as everyone was farming for spike nade Swarm during IB. :shrug:

Lol but also not lol? I hate Destiny.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Roman posted:

Subsistence / demolitionist is better, keep grinding!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Subsistence Demolitionist Austringer with a warlock wearing the “eating a Grenade gives you a roided our arc buddy” exotic gauntlets is broken in pve

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Subsistence / demolitionist is better, keep grinding!

Lol no

Delete any gun with subsistence

Well, don't delete it, stick it in the vault and wait for them to fix their busted POS perk
(they won't)

cvnvcnv posted:

No one was laughing as everyone was farming for spike nade Swarm during IB. :shrug:

Lol but also not lol? I hate Destiny.

I dumped like 2000 tokens since they generously removed all armor from the pool and put in two good new guns. Best iron banner yet and didn't require a single game to be played!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

God, I swear demolitionist doesn't do anything. I have a gnawing hunger with it and I can stare at the grenade meter as I chew through adds and nothing budges

It has a long rear end cooldown because lol bungie

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I tried some gun with Subsistence and kept running out of ammo for it no matter what I did so I'm not really sold on it yet. I prefer fast reload perks. Or something like Thorn. Fast reload primary + auto-holster on the other 2 weapons are my optimal loadout.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Subsistence is generally agreed to be worse than not having subsistence. It is the Smooth Bore of hand Cannon perks. Austringer reserves is cut from 117 to 47 shots, and wearing a piece of hand Cannon Reserves only increases it by four bullets if you have subsistence

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

my pve (lol) austringer is outlaw/rampage to replace my stupid sounding midnight coup

outlaw is just too addictive

here's that pvp austringer I farmed for.

hammer forged / accurized / eye / rangefinder / range mw

basically the best possible pvp roll. full bore would work for the first column as well.

there are a few other options to get you more range on the first column but they cause a drop in stability and handling.

also that shader (maroon moon) along with the ornament makes it look just like eyasluna

Only registered members can see post attachments!

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 2, 2019

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Austringer with Smallbore/Accurized/EotS/Rangefinder: good enough to stop there? I'd like to try and pick up a Trust that's better than the vendor roll before the chest gets nerfed, and still haven't gotten a snapshot/quickdraw Beloved yet.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Paracelsus posted:

Austringer with Smallbore/Accurized/EotS/Rangefinder: good enough to stop there? I'd like to try and pick up a Trust that's better than the vendor roll before the chest gets nerfed, and still haven't gotten a snapshot/quickdraw Beloved.

I have almost that same roll (extended barrel instead of smallbore) and I don't feel like I'm hurting that it's not fullbore or hammer-forged rifling. I'm still trying for it though.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol at the pubbies bitching about fusions.

Oh no, they can't shotgun rush reliably anymore boo hoo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Strange Terrain is up for NF. Time to farm it for the stupid Y1 rocket launcher so I can have a purple title next to my name

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Might as well keep farming minaj because in a week it won't be an option anymore.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
yueah it sucks that theyre deleting menagerie from the game lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Legs Benedict posted:

Unironically this

Anyway, apparently Heroic Minaj is stoopid easy cakes this week. Instead of double negative modifiers like last week, we get Grenade-ee-urr and Famine. And it's Solar singe instead of the Other Activity Playlist which has Arc.

No word yet if there's a new catalyst or just Izanagi again.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I've played this game for way too long to not know anything about the best rolls for weapons. Any recommendation for how to keep up? My vault is almost full and I'm hoping I have some decent stuff in there.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Milosh posted:

I've played this game for way too long to not know anything about the best rolls for weapons. Any recommendation for how to keep up? My vault is almost full and I'm hoping I have some decent stuff in there.

What modes do you like to play and what archetypes of weapons do you like to use?

I'll give you different tips if you like doing Strikes and Raids with Sidearms and Fusions vs if you like to play Crucible with Snipers and Hand Cannons

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What modes do you like to play and what archetypes of weapons do you like to use?

I'll give you different tips if you like doing Strikes and Raids with Sidearms and Fusions vs if you like to play Crucible with Snipers and Hand Cannons

I am about 50/50 PVE/PVP.

PVE: Outbreak Perfected + what's highest light (i'm 725 and still working my way up).
PVP: I suck with snipers so typically roll Hand Cannons/Pulse Rifles.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I think it's virtually guaranteed that they'll patch more chests into menagerie. Not next week, but asap. The general feedback has generally been for 3 chests for matchmade, and Heroic with 3 chests plus bonus chests for beating timed encounters.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Milosh posted:

I am about 50/50 PVE/PVP.

PVE: Outbreak Perfected + what's highest light (i'm 725 and still working my way up).
PVP: I suck with snipers so typically roll Hand Cannons/Pulse Rifles.

For PvP, the best archetypes for Hand Cannons are 180rpm (Trust, Service Revolver) with as much Range as you can get. Rangefinder, Accurized Rounds, Masterwork: Range, etc. Austringer (150 from Menagerie) is also decent because Eye of the Storm reduces the "bloom" (RNG bullet placement) that all non-180s have

Best Pulses are either the 450 four-bursts or the 390 adaptives. Lots of stability is key, with range as a very distant second. Anything at all that adds stability, including Zen Moment.

Kill Clip is better than Rampage for Crucible

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol no

Delete any gun with subsistence

Well, don't delete it, stick it in the vault and wait for them to fix their busted POS perk
(they won't)

For pve it owns and Ive never run out of ammo

I also never reload

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Subsistence is generally agreed to be worse than not having subsistence. It is the Smooth Bore of hand Cannon perks. Austringer reserves is cut from 117 to 47 shots, and wearing a piece of hand Cannon Reserves only increases it by four bullets if you have subsistence

People are dumb, trump is generally not preferred as pres but he got elected.

Subsistence is the best pve HC perk in the game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

People are dumb, trump is generally not preferred as pres but he got elected.

Subsistence is the best pve HC perk in the game.

lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Unless you're serious in which case LMAO

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

If there's only one chest try than might as well

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Imagine needing to do at least 67 complete menagerie runs for that one triumph.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm gonna need like 2 more runes to get another 4 or 5 cracks from one run. Hope that gives me my god roll. I'll be 750 end of this week so won't really need to do menage unless I want to spot increase something.

Also why the gently caress is almost all heavy in need of data lattice and why the gently caress is it so rare for spider to sell it. Like 3 of my armor pieces use it as well. Drives me up the wall.

I like thorn for pve. Never need to reload, half decent for stacking dots on yellow bars and it pairs p nice with recluse for clearing reds and yellows.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lumina looks dumb as poo poo and pretty gimmicky

Emron posted:

Imagine needing to do at least 67 complete menagerie runs for that one triumph.

I've gotten whatever pvp rolls I want anyway. The only really must haves are austringer, twilight, beloved and erentil. Smugglers word too I suppose though those drop all the time from random events anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

actionjackson posted:

lumina looks dumb as poo poo and pretty gimmicky

Pretty sure every exotic is gimmicky pal.