Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Assassination Classroom did this better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

I haven’t even read the spoilers but man I already have some idea of the bullshit I’m about to read just from that description, lmfao.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Gonna share with the class, or are we just doing the "ooooooh, spoilers maybe!" thing?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

SPOILERS: Edgeshot and Best Jeanist are going to rebuild Bakugo’s heart

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lmao

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
*80’s hair metal voice*

Your scorn, it acid washed my skin
And tore my stitches apart
But even if our love is wearing thin
BABE, YOU GOT MY BLUE JEAN HEART

*sick guitar solo*

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

lol

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Yeah that'll be the key to stopping Shiggy

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Man, Arist's going to get pissed off again.

Like, there's a bunch of Discords and Twitter we could've vented on waiting for scanlations. I know the recent leaks are...what they are, but we still should've been patient, since this isn't nearly as big as a spoiler that'd deserve early discussion like Dabi's reveal or the Hagakure fakeout.

Delphisage fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 25, 2022

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I really hope that's not a fake leak. It's the best (funniest) possible outcome for him

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Do you all think we at bleach levels of falling on its face ending yet? I don't think we are ever going to see half of the LoV or the kids get fights by the end of this.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If the leaks are real it's hilarious we are wasting time on having Bakugo explode his heart in yet another useless attack, then another chapter being sad about it, and then a other to make him his velveteen heart while the comic is cutting corners elsewhere in an effort to blast to the end.

Just a bizarre decision of what to focus on.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SgtSteel91 posted:

lol if this ends up being true.

SpacePig posted:

An internal combustion engine. Makes perfect sense.

Gruckles posted:

Just need Mei to perform emergency surgery and transplant some engine parts sliced off of Iida's legs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Eggplant Squire posted:

If the leaks are real it's hilarious we are wasting time on having Bakugo explode his heart in yet another useless attack, then another chapter being sad about it, and then a other to make him his velveteen heart while the comic is cutting corners elsewhere in an effort to blast to the end.

Just a bizarre decision of what to focus on.

Just have deku show up and end this farce.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I do think we've rounded the "Wiseau Event Horizon" into no longer hoping for it to pull up, but to instead be entertained by all the new and bewildering ways it goes even shittier. This is all just conditioning for Tenko to get a Vegeta level face turn and join class 1A as Bakugo's replacement in the main 3.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I hope All for One keeps rewinding because he can't control Eri's power, but he just kind of owns it. So eventually it's just Endeavor fighting a tremendously smug baby.

Not really sure what to expect on Toga and Spinner's ends, though. Maybe Stain will show up and talk Spinner down.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Delphisage posted:

Man, Arist's going to get pissed off again.

Uh, okay

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont know if anyone told you, but you were voted in as 2022's top Bakugou hater.

There are certain responsibilities and engagements that come with the title.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

SgtSteel91 posted:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Not really sure what to expect on Toga and Spinner's ends, though. Maybe Stain will show up and talk Spinner down.

Toga and ochako’s fight will be resolved entirely offscreen. They will not appear until the obligatory TEN YEARS LATER epilogue where it’s revealed toga ended up having kids with mineta after a period of community service rehabilitation

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Toga is going to be in a throuple with Deku and Ochaco.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

SpacePig posted:

lol if this ends up being true.

This makes more sense than the spoilers (and would be cooler)

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Shinjobi posted:

I dont know if anyone told you, but you were voted in as 2022's top Bakugou hater.

There are certain responsibilities and engagements that come with the title.

It was in reference to how we're discussing leaks before the scanlations are out and recalling the whole "Dabi killed Twice" misconception, not any grudge he'd have against Bakugo - which I don't even think he has.

Anyway, if we're just gonna discuss the leaks openly, this might actually be one of the dumbest moments in big shonen not for avoiding killing a character, but for how it rationalizes their survival - namely, a background character we've never gotten to know sacrificing themselves for the sake of the most popular character in the manga. It's just so hilarious in how it encapsulates so many failings of this genre for both stakes, consequences and emotional investment.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Delphisage posted:

It was in reference to how we're discussing leaks before the scanlations are out and recalling the whole "Dabi killed Twice" misconception, not any grudge he'd have against Bakugo - which I don't even think he has.

Anyway, if we're just gonna discuss the leaks openly, this might actually be one of the dumbest moments in big shonen not for avoiding killing a character, but for how it rationalizes their survival - namely, a background character we've never gotten to know sacrificing themselves for the sake of the most popular character in the manga. It's just so hilarious in how it encapsulates so many failings of this genre for both stakes, consequences and emotional investment.

What sacrifice?

Also honestly this sorta makes sense? There already was fan speculation on whether or not Jeanist could control muscle fiber. However, still hilarious.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

Staltran posted:

What sacrifice?

Also honestly this sorta makes sense? There already was fan speculation on whether or not Jeanist could control muscle fiber. However, still hilarious.

Yeah yeah, no real consequences in battle shonen, Edgeshot'll be fine once the battle's over. I'm just laughing at the idea that Jeanist couldn't just stitch it back together with what he had of Bakugo's body like Doflamingo - no, he needed someone to volunteer to fit inside Bakugo's heart to do it. It's such a pointless effort to make it seem like this is a bigger deal than it is.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Hell, if true, Star Trek: The Next Generation did this better.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
No loving way

I’m floored, this is incredible

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Delphisage posted:

Yeah yeah, no real consequences in battle shonen, Edgeshot'll be fine once the battle's over. I'm just laughing at the idea that Jeanist couldn't just stitch it back together with what he had of Bakugo's body like Doflamingo - no, he needed someone to volunteer to fit inside Bakugo's heart to do it. It's such a pointless effort to make it seem like this is a bigger deal than it is.

Edgeshot just in there pushing on the jearts walls, hoping desperately he's pumping at the right speed.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Woozie66 posted:

Edgeshot just in there pushing on the jearts walls, hoping desperately he's pumping at the right speed.

I desperately want Bakugo to come out of this with a jeart :allears:

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
King Explosion Murder God Best Jeartist

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bakugo's jeart is actually 98% denim

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Forever cursing my little sister for introducing me to this manga last year so I can relive Bleach all over again

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Tampa Bae posted:

Forever cursing my little sister for introducing me to this manga last year so I can relive Bleach all over again

This post is giving me strong deja vu of jumping in on watching Heroes... in the latter part of Season 2, a-yoops. I was in for a real bad ride.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I was bored this afternoon (and was anticipating the scanlation) so I speed-reread the Dark Deku arc through to present day. Honestly I don't think the manga's pacing has changed at all, it's still the same breakneck pacing it's always been since the early days. I didn't get the sense Hori was trying to rush through to the end (other than Star Might, anyway -- that one felt weirdly forced in).

Super Shigaraki just sucks as a villain and as a fight. Once we get past him quality should pick back up again.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think the manga will end once we're past Shigaraki, so, I guess that's not wrong

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Nah, the real end villain will be regular AFO, who will regain the power of the original Quirk by claiming he IS All For One. Or just taking Shiggy's Quirks for himself again.

Still hoping he just poofs out of existence because he can't control Rewind though.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Final fight is AFO vs a rewound All Might. Everyone else is defeated. This renders all previous plot pointless.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

FireWorksWell posted:

Nah, the real end villain will be regular AFO, who will regain the power of the original Quirk by claiming he IS All For One. Or just taking Shiggy's Quirks for himself again.

Still hoping he just poofs out of existence because he can't control Rewind though.

Other Spoilers from the upcoming chapter He explicitly says he can’t properly control rewind and will soon be erased because of it. But also that it does not matter cause he already considers his original body disposable because he already passed everything over to Tomura. So for the short time he has left in his prime he intends to kill as many heroes as he can before he dies.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Who's to say the OFA quirk is only exclusive to ingesting the DNA of the previous owner. Maybe Deku pulls a giant hairball out of his pocket and inherits every one of his classmate and professor's quirks all at once and we just get an all-out quirk battle between Shiggy and Deku that ends up in a double page inked entirely in black saying only "One for All and All For One"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

MonsterEnvy posted:

Other Spoilers from the upcoming chapter He explicitly says he can’t properly control rewind and will soon be erased because of it. But also that it does not matter cause he already considers his original body disposable because he already passed everything over to Tomura. So for the short time he has left in his prime he intends to kill as many heroes as he can before he dies.

That's exactly the kind of thing that I expect from him.