Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Tried Nothing Personal. Enjoyed it for about an hour. Then it went on for another hour and a half and I wanted to kill myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Do you guys think anything would be missed if you just skipped the Feast of Odin occupations entirely? I don't like them.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Lorini posted:

Do you guys think anything would be missed if you just skipped the Feast of Odin occupations entirely? I don't like them.

I suspect I would not have gotten the more than a dozen plays out of it so far without them.

They're a nice bit of flavor, I guess. Some of them feel slightly​ too powerful.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

CommonShore posted:

To hear your first-turn logic was interesting. I had initially decided that to go with the Guru->Radio opening but then you went first and chose Trainer, so I went for a Recruiting Girl strategy instead, because I was worried that it would become a race to the 1x, which you would win.

I personally don't think Guru --> Radio works in 2p really because you lose too many milestones and can get starved out of selling stuff while almost always losing CFO bonus. The only reason Plane first "works" is because you can make sure to get at least one marketing milestone when you throw the plane down, and the first plane milestone is very helpful for the rest of the game.

With that said, I'm getting more and more skeptical that a trainer opening in 2p ever works really. I looked back at the game and my huge blunder of not realizing you had a plane ready to go, and even if I had got a cart operator right then (which would have extended cart operator range enough for me to get drinks), I feel like you would have been able to just out-recruit/train me even with my hamburger radio and hamburger chef.

One way to look at it is:

In 2-player, if you open with trainer, your benefit is a $15 discount on salaries.

If you open with RG vs. a trainer opening, you get two free management trainees, you get two RGs online early (which snowballs), and you get guaranteed uncontested $15/turn--at least--from selling one item every turn. It's different in 3-5 player because opening RG vs. a trainer doesn't mean that you just get uncontested sales while your opponent techs up. The trainer player needs to rely on opponents price warring and interfering with each other.

The last thing is that when you go RG opening vs. a trainer, you are more or less guaranteed "first to pay $20 in salaries," which is like getting a mini-guru. Against any non-guru opening, you will have a significant training advantage late game vs. anyone who did a trainer opening.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Pixel Tactica and Battlecon are both great 2 player games. The Megaman Pixel Tactics sets are out now as well with some great themeatic powers and a pretty simple set compared to the main line games. Really enjoying it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Lorini posted:

It's a spice, just one that's not carefully balanced. They make some normally subpar 3-4 actions better. If I was still into Feast I would create a customized deck or some kind of Ticket to Ride open pool system.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Entering hour 2 of this game of Joking Hazard. Send help

There are very few things worse than the "Let's just play Party Games alllll night" crowd.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Bottom Liner posted:

Pixel Tactica and Battlecon are both great 2 player games. The Megaman Pixel Tactics sets are out now as well with some great themeatic powers and a pretty simple set compared to the main line games. Really enjoying it.

Mega Man Pixel Tactics is really good.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

angel opportunity posted:

I personally don't think Guru --> Radio works in 2p really because you lose too many milestones and can get starved out of selling stuff while almost always losing CFO bonus. The only reason Plane first "works" is because you can make sure to get at least one marketing milestone when you throw the plane down, and the first plane milestone is very helpful for the rest of the game.

With that said, I'm getting more and more skeptical that a trainer opening in 2p ever works really. I looked back at the game and my huge blunder of not realizing you had a plane ready to go, and even if I had got a cart operator right then (which would have extended cart operator range enough for me to get drinks), I feel like you would have been able to just out-recruit/train me even with my hamburger radio and hamburger chef.

One way to look at it is:

In 2-player, if you open with trainer, your benefit is a $15 discount on salaries.

If you open with RG vs. a trainer opening, you get two free management trainees, you get two RGs online early (which snowballs), and you get guaranteed uncontested $15/turn--at least--from selling one item every turn. It's different in 3-5 player because opening RG vs. a trainer doesn't mean that you just get uncontested sales while your opponent techs up. The trainer player needs to rely on opponents price warring and interfering with each other.

The last thing is that when you go RG opening vs. a trainer, you are more or less guaranteed "first to pay $20 in salaries," which is like getting a mini-guru. Against any non-guru opening, you will have a significant training advantage late game vs. anyone who did a trainer opening.

Hmm good call on that. My logic was that because of board position you were going to be completely incapable of competing with me on beer production, even if you had gotten literally every related milestone.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I was gonna balance the taking the three or four columns with stuff instead of cards. Maybe animals? A sheep for three and a cow for four? I feel the animals are underused anyway.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Animals are really good???

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucG5EwX72hI

I checked and the audio doesn't cut out this time. I also fixed the weird resolution issue so it doesn't look as lovely. This was a game against Commonshore that I played tonight.

I'm moving on Friday to another state so I won't have too many up, but I do want to try to keep doing these.

Turn 0: I like the opening spot.

Turn 1: If your opponent mirrors you with a trainer, if you get a Recruiting Girl next you won't actually be able to train!

Turn 2: Might as well go second, as your opponent's RG means you'll have more slots next turn (especially as you will re-train the Campaign Manager).

Turn 4: I like what you did over the the billboard choice, because First Airplane is really nice. My other consideration would be making the 4 burger demand and only filling one this turn, but selling 3 for $45 is probably better - almost halfway to $100! Getting a waitress for $50 + $50 is probably too optimistic, doing that you might want the 4-demand ad for 2 turns as well. e: I thought I had another choice here too but lost it.

Turn 5: My instinct would be to claim the pizza marketing here, as your opponent will get it and that way your radio is less predictable. #12 is 3 away from him, not 5 (South-East-South). Note that your opponent _is_ threatening the Burger Chef, as he gets a free Cook from the milestone.

Turn 6: So play the Management Trainee for the extra slot, losing the Chef would be awful. Any consideration of Waitress over Pricing Manager? ... I completely overlooked his airplane too, whoops. Maybe that means you needed to go second, concede the Chef, and use the small radio and pick up a drinks/pizza producer as needed. At least your opponent didn't get the luxury manager that turn (over New Business) for the $228 or so sale (well, he can't make _every_ sale but still should be able to lock up CFO/CEO)! He also picks up the First to $20 salary for multi-training, that can be something to watch for.

Turn 7: It's the airplane positioning messing with the display. Management Trainee will give an extra slot, as the bank is breaking this turn. I still like the Errand Boy more though.

Turn 8: Yeah, his burger production has lagged a bit - not sure where he should have fixed it, though doing it early would have allowed some to be stored for now. You're still going to run out of burgers and beers before the garden houses, though - so maybe 2 Errand Boys is enough, and there's nothing you can do at this point :( ?

Turn 9: You make the turn order choice after seeing what people send to work, so I'm not sure why the debate about his possible Waitress - his Luxury Manager will prevent all ties anyway.

Interesting game, thanks for posting it!

rchandra fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 23, 2017

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

rchandra posted:

Interesting game, thanks for posting it!

Thanks, I put this post-game analysis into the video description which answers some questions I think:

quote:

-Several times throughout the game I calculate distance incorrectly on that overpass.

-Turn 5 is a disaster. You hear me say "Oh he got a brand manager," and then I completely tunnel vision on the pricing manager. I don't know how I overlooked this, but this was the game losing move. If I had actually paid attention and realized what was happening, I could have immediately hired and trained an errand boy to cart operator. This would have given me the cart operator milestone and allowed me to reasonably meet the drink demand he would throw down. Because I don't do this, I need TRUCK DRIVERS just to get three beer per turn (since I missed first errand boy played).

-I generally panic a bit about my opponent grabbing pricing managers. It can really hurt to miss that milestone, and falling behind in a price war when you have fewer recruiting girls than your opponent can sometimes become an insurmountable disadvantage. Either way, he pretty much had me in a tight spot on turn 5. Even if I had realized exactly what he was going for, there is no super clear good answer. The cart operator feels strong to me, and there's an argument to be made that I should have skipped the pricing manager and just got another recruiting girl at that point.

-On Turn 6, I tunnel vision so hard on the burger cook thing that I STILL don't notice he has an airplane. If I had spotted this, I still probably would have wanted to go first, but I at least could have started getting drink production this turn rather than a full turn later.

You definitely caught some more misplays, especially toward the end. Toward the end though I was 99% I had lost, my brain was turning to mush, and I did dumb stuff like not look at who he sent to work before choosing turn order.

Next time I play I'm going to make a big habit of looking at EVERY hire my opponent does and saying out loud what I think each hire is meant to do. This would have helped me catch the brand manager. Sometimes the names of "Campaign Manager, Brand Manager, Brand Director" blur together for me, I wish they were just called "Billboard dude, Mailbox dude..." etc. Seeing "Airplane Dude" on screen would have probably broken me out of my tunnel vision.

angel opportunity fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 23, 2017

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Lorini posted:

I was gonna balance the taking the three or four columns with stuff instead of cards. Maybe animals? A sheep for three and a cow for four? I feel the animals are underused anyway.

Animals would be way too good for this.

I think the occupation system is ultimately a mess and doesn't work. I don't think the balance and design in AffO is tight enough in general, so house-ruling how occupation cards work is inherently very difficult. I feel like you need to go through the deck and build your own occupation deck and combine it with some kind of offer and/or drafting system. When I think about doing that, I just shrug and decide that it's not really my job to fix the game. I mostly play AffO at this point as kind of a chill, solitareish worker placement game that doesn't feel horribly dry like a lot of other WPs tend to. The occupation deck just kind of sucks, and it's pretty rare for me to make much use of occupations beyond incidentally wanting to take a 4-viking action anyway and having a "why not play this for some points" card to throw down.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

food court bailiff posted:

Have you played the red or yellow sets? I just got the base Megaman one, but Protoman is rad and I assume the other sets increase in complexity like vanilla PT.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Windows 10 Terra Mystica app is now available. Same $10.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Animals would be way too good for this.

I think the occupation system is ultimately a mess and doesn't work. I don't think the balance and design in AffO is tight enough in general, so house-ruling how occupation cards work is inherently very difficult. I feel like you need to go through the deck and build your own occupation deck and combine it with some kind of offer and/or drafting system. When I think about doing that, I just shrug and decide that it's not really my job to fix the game. I mostly play AffO at this point as kind of a chill, solitareish worker placement game that doesn't feel horribly dry like a lot of other WPs tend to. The occupation deck just kind of sucks, and it's pretty rare for me to make much use of occupations beyond incidentally wanting to take a 4-viking action anyway and having a "why not play this for some points" card to throw down.

I agree with you completely but I have a friend who loves the game. So I was trying to fix it where I didn't hate the game :(

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
The small card offer, selecting from a starting card lineup, and mixing in the cumulative silver bonus sounds interesting. House rule the game however you like to make it work for you but to me it's super different from how we play.

I personally find that hunting for combos via cards is too high risk and ultimately not viable, but I'm probably biased because combo-building doesn't really gel with me in general so I haven't really dug much into it. In our games the cards tend to me opportunistic side things. Building combos & 6 or more cards in a single game sounds like a totally different game.

It's just not a card hunting combo-building game to me, but I can see that if you dig chasing that side of things then the card variance and uncontrolled mix of low-utility-high-VP to high-but-specific-utility-but-low-VP cards would mostly just be frustrating.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Wonder if it's as buggy as the iOS version.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

The problem with the game rules as written is that even a medium-power occupation card can be a trap that isn't worth doing.

Say you get one of the stronger starting occupations, and you prioritize getting it into play early. Usually whatever you have to do to rush it into play is strictly worse than just ignoring it and putting it (or often just another card that just gives points) down later. Playing solitaire and multiplayer, every single time I've tried to actually play to an occupation card I got, it bit me in the rear end and ended up being a bad play. I should have just ignored it more or less until I needed to do a 4-viking action anyway, and then I should have put down a card that did next to nothing but gave me points rather than anything that ramps my engine or gives me an ability I would want to try to play to.

So basically you draw through several occupation cards in a game, most are garbage and not worth playing, and a 4-viking action sees you throwing some random cards into play for negligible advantage.

Many cards you draw are literally unplayable as they will require certain pre-reqs that you don't meet. Even early in the game it's never worth trying to meet them to play the card later, and late game it is 100% never worth it so the card is just dead.

If I had a friend (or if my wife) wanted to play this game all the time, I would probably create a deck of like 50 cards that are all reasonably strong. I'd probably do some kind of drafting for a starting occupation, and the starting occupation would immediately be active (you wouldn't have to "play" it). This could give you some kind of early game path that didn't require you to go way out of the way just to activate. I'd put the rest of the cards on some kind of offer that refreshes after cards are taken.

It's possible this would create issues, but drafting and offers are usually a decent way to self balance, and it would be hard to have a system worse than the way the rules are written.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah we always play with starting occupation already in play, it makes way more sense that way.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Tekopo was asking about High Treason! The Trial of Louis Riel and I have some early impressions.

On first play it reminds me a lot of 1960: The Making of the President in that there's a lot of turning gears with a mathy scoring system that makes it difficult to tell how well or poor you're doing. Like 1960, and a lot of post-Twilight Struggle CDG's, you're playing cards for actions (ops) or events to sway influence tracks. There's some interesting card play here in that assaulting a single track too many times results in "beating a dead horse" and locks the track off for normal play. All the information is also hidden so there's a bit of a bluffing mechanism where you want to know enough information to play off your opponent but without them knowing exactly what you're trying to influence. Think of it in TS scoring paranoia: my opponent is playing a lot of ops into Africa but does he hold the scoring card or does he think that I hold the scoring card?

It's difficult to judge a CDG on the first play given that you need insight on all the cards to play effectively. I'm a little confused at the target audience of the game, though. It's too large to be a compact game -- and I hold 13 Days as being the most brilliant of the compact 2-player games -- and the process you go through is so chaotic that it's hard to judge the final outcome making your actions feel a bit arbitrary. Again, I have to compare it to 1960 where final scoring was both surprising and frustrating. Maybe things will become clearer once I dive deeper but as a "40 minute" 2 player game it's competing with the space of quick fillers and meatier games.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jedit posted:

Doomtown Reloaded made its Harrowed pull. Pine Box Entertainment will be continuing releases.

It will be the UFS of LCGs, a walking corpse doomed to wander this blasted earth

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lorini posted:

Well, during game design the occupation deck wasn't finalized yet, so all occupations were worth three points.

Picking and choosing might be too good there, but if you just played occupation cards face-down for three points no matter what I don't think things would be too far off.

Or: instead of playing an occupation card you can discard it for 2 silver.

Or: the card offer I talked about earlier. I don't think you should combine that with the above unless you're skilled enough to spite-draft and are also a fan of it?

Part of it is that occupation cards kind of fall off a cliff as of about round 5 or so, since a larger portion of occupations are likely to be useful once or never after that point. But I also think that might be kind of deliberate? Like, to stop the game from feeling like it's about who has the best development plan there's this random factor that legitimately will sometimes hand somebody the win just by luck?

Serotoning
Sep 14, 2010

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
HANG 'EM HIGH

We're fighting human animals and we act accordingly

food court bailiff posted:

I'm deciding between one of the Mega Man PT sets vs. Pixel Tactics 1 as my first foray into the series. Megaman as an IP is kinda take-it-or-leave-it for me, but I like the simplicity/transparency of the effects. I've heard bad things about the card quality in the Megaman Editions though. What should I go for?

Serotoning fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 24, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Card quality seems the same between my PT1 and Megaman sets. Megaman set is definitely a bit simpler, but PT1 has good variety and fun strategies to find. I look forward to sleeving and mixing them.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Mojo Jojo posted:

3 hours is on the longside for a game of the quiet year. The rules specify that generally discussions and descriptions all need to very curt. In my experience it's a bit of ultimately unsatisfying fun to fill an hour

I think the key issue is that you always draw all the cards outside of the last season. So all that varies is the order (and which of the two options you take). For me it just needed a little more depth to pin compelling stories too

But it's a few dollars as I remember, so give it a shot

I have a huge board game collection, but I don't think I've played a single story telling game besides a few roudns of Once Upon a Time over 10 years ago.

A Quiet Year sounds cool as hell, but I've seen a lot of similar complaints to yours, and have gotten the overall impression that it falls short for most people. For someone who thinks the ideas behind a Quiet Year sound rad, but would rather go with a more well received story telling game, what are some good options?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Megasabin posted:

I have a huge board game collection, but I don't think I've played a single story telling game besides a few roudns of Once Upon a Time over 10 years ago.

A Quiet Year sounds cool as hell, but I've seen a lot of similar complaints to yours, and have gotten the overall impression that it falls short for most people. For someone who thinks the ideas behind a Quiet Year sound rad, but would rather go with a more well received story telling game, what are some good options?

Microscope is an outline-creation game with some scening in it. It traces a chronology, letting people jump around in time following themes.

Kingdom is a more linear game by the same creator, following characters through a kingdom in crisis where players swap between the power to make decisions, the power for forecast their effects, and the power to understand how close the man in the street is to waving torches and pitchforks around.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

AFFO: Playing occupations face down for three points sounds fantastic, and adding in the discard for 2 silver even better. Thanks!

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Played Yokohama for the first time tonight. I am sure we missed some points and possibly a couple rules, but it's a nice worker placement game with some player interaction. You can block an opponent and if you build a storeroom / warehouse it costs them money to score on that place.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Ropes4u posted:

Played Yokohama for the first time tonight. I am sure we missed some points and possibly a couple rules, but it's a nice worker placement game with some player interaction. You can block an opponent and if you build a storeroom / warehouse it costs them money to score on that place.

My copy arrived last night and I'm excited to try it out later this week.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Scyther posted:

There are very few things worse than the "Let's just play Party Games alllll night" crowd.

Yesterday I bailed on a boardgaming session because I heard they were going to play Arkham Horror the boardgame, which I passionately hate. One game took 7 hours. I think I would have died from terminal boredom.

Glazius posted:

Well, during game design the occupation deck wasn't finalized yet, so all occupations were worth three points.

This should be a variant in the rulebook. I think it makes the strictly better as taking a 4 col action late in the game becomes relatively stronger and you might actually do it more often.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Clank! won mensa select? :psyduck: I mean nobody really cares about mensa select as a board game award or mensa in general but what the heck?

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

I just played Inis today (first time for all 3 of us) and really enjoyed it. I won at the last possible moment by playing a Manannan's Horses after everyone else had used up their actions, which secured me a 2nd win condition and the tie-breaking Brenn spot. I was the only player with no deeds, so they didn't expect me to be able to catch them.

We had one question/concern about Geis etiquette: do you need to play it immediately after the action is played, or can you wait to see how the action is resolved? For instance, if someone plays an attack, you would want to see who they're attacking before deciding to Geis it. But could you wait until after the entire clash was resolved? Another example: if someone plays Exploration, can you Geis after the Brenn chooses the spot? After the tile is drawn?

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

CaptainRightful posted:

I just played Inis today (first time for all 3 of us) and really enjoyed it. I won at the last possible moment by playing a Manannan's Horses after everyone else had used up their actions, which secured me a 2nd win condition and the tie-breaking Brenn spot. I was the only player with no deeds, so they didn't expect me to be able to catch them.

We had one question/concern about Geis etiquette: do you need to play it immediately after the action is played, or can you wait to see how the action is resolved? For instance, if someone plays an attack, you would want to see who they're attacking before deciding to Geis it. But could you wait until after the entire clash was resolved? Another example: if someone plays Exploration, can you Geis after the Brenn chooses the spot? After the tile is drawn?

The way we've played Geis is you use it when the card is played, maybe after the target is chosen, but definitely before any hard decisions are made. So before the tile is drawn for Exploration, and absolutely before a clash is begun. There's some fudge room with waiting until a clash is decided if it's going to happen or not, but once it has started we typically call that way too late.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lorini posted:

AFFO: Playing occupations face down for three points sounds fantastic, and adding in the discard for 2 silver even better. Thanks!

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

This should be a variant in the rulebook. I think it makes the strictly better as taking a 4 col action late in the game becomes relatively stronger and you might actually do it more often.

To be clear, I'm proposing two variants in addition to the occupation offer I detailed earlier. They shouldn't be combined, though maybe you could work V2 into the offer? Anyhow.

VARIANT 1: All occupations are worth 3 points and nothing else. Don't even look at the cards, just draw and play them facedown.

VARIANT 2: Occupations are drawn as normal but, when you have the chance to play an occupation, you can instead discard it and take 2 silver.

OCCUPATION OFFER: 1 + decks (so at least 2) starters dealt to people, pick one to keep. Deal out the same number of cards into an offer; when you draw an occupation, after you look at it you can place it into the offer and take one of the cards there. If a card stays in the offer for a full round, put a silver on it during the exploration boards phase; turn new cards sideways to keep track of what was recently added.

And I've come up with this one as well, but haven't gotten the chance to playtest it yet.

WEAPONS VARIANT: You can discard any two weapons that wouldn't otherwise help with a roll in order to get an additional reroll. You are still bound by the results of the reroll.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Glazius posted:

To be clear, I'm proposing two variants in addition to the occupation offer I detailed earlier. They shouldn't be combined, though maybe you could work V2 into the offer? Anyhow.

VARIANT 1: All occupations are worth 3 points and nothing else. Don't even look at the cards, just draw and play them facedown.

VARIANT 2: Occupations are drawn as normal but, when you have the chance to play an occupation, you can instead discard it and take 2 silver.

OCCUPATION OFFER: 1 + decks (so at least 2) starters dealt to people, pick one to keep. Deal out the same number of cards into an offer; when you draw an occupation, after you look at it you can place it into the offer and take one of the cards there. If a card stays in the offer for a full round, put a silver on it during the exploration boards phase; turn new cards sideways to keep track of what was recently added.

And I've come up with this one as well, but haven't gotten the chance to playtest it yet.

WEAPONS VARIANT: You can discard any two weapons that wouldn't otherwise help with a roll in order to get an additional reroll. You are still bound by the results of the reroll.

I was going to suggest this

Variant 3: You can either play Occupation as normal, or play it face down. Face down occupations are worth 3 VP.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I've watched a couple online reviews, and it seems okay, but I'd like to ask the goonmind. Has anyone played the Dark Souls board game yet? Is it any good?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I played it briefly at Salute 2016 here in London and wasn't overtly impressed. This is despite liking Guild Ball by the same company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Gutter Owl posted:

Codex is one of my favorite games of the past year, and one of my go-to 2-player games.

It's also, at a conservative estimate, $155 for all the cards, before taxes. (That's assuming you purchase the individual boxes and not the Deluxe set.) And unlike BattleCON, where you can get a lot of game out of one box alone, Codex kinda begs for a complete set in order to really shine.
Clicking the link seems to show that the binders for the other colours are now available (previously only present in the deluxe edition). Which I've promptly bought :suicide: