Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Just a few minutes into Empire and Chad Vader gets off a couple of good ones:

When Luke's tauntaun appears:

"This was Jim Breur's screen debut."

In the base when C-3PO and R2-D2 are walking down a tunnel:

"Here come the longtime companion bots."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Yay, we got a mention!

When R2-D2 is trying to open the door on Cloud City, Kevin is making jokes that he's surfing the internet:

"Just gotta swing by Something Awful here."

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 1, 2014

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

"Your Chance to Live" (short wherein an apparent zombiefied Peter Weller espouses distrust of technology) is great.

Narrator: "Without electricity, there would be no electrical fires."
Mike: "Without cancer, there would be fewer cancer-related deaths."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Best joke from Your Chance to Live was "I'm Stan Moff Tarkin."

The new short "You and Your Family" is pretty great. It has family situations and plays them out in various ways. One of them involves the son coming home late and one of the options is to RUN AWAY FROM HOME when confronted by the father for being out late.

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 1, 2014

Cooter Libby
Jul 30, 2004

by angerbot
The Twilight fandom is nutty as heck, but I don't see what everybody says is so bad about the movie. It was hilarious on its own, so I'm looking forward to the commentary.

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.
Aaaaaaaand it's out. Watching now. God they're talking a lot. Can barely hear the dialogue (not that that matters much).

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/twilight

About Bella's daddy:
"His unfortunate catchphrase is: Nobody forks with the chief of police."

sam.freak fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 21, 2009

Swanky
Nov 23, 2004
Watch out! He has a book!
I just made my first Rifftrax Dual Audio .AVI with...Twilight.

The entire process wasn't too bad, except that the "Auto-Duck" feature of the new audacity (which lowers the volume of the movie track whenever the Riff guys are speaking) which took about an hour and a half. It was very easy to find and silence the disembodio queues (though I missed a few at the beginning)...

Besides importing and processing, it takes around 10 minutes. And if the movie isn't horrible, you can just add more audio tracks on the AVI MUX dialogue.

This one is pretty good. The song Kevin Murphy sings while the vampire guy is playing the piano was probably my favorite part.

poconnor
Aug 14, 2007
Anyone been listening to the iriffs on their website? And if so, do you have favorites?

I started checking some of them out a few weeks ago--with hesitation, just because it always kind of seemed like all of them were bound to be completely amateurish and not possibly be as good as Mike & Co. The ones I've listened to so far, however, have been surprisingly funny and well-written. I particularly like the stuff from the Quiptracks people (Godzilla) and Hor-riff-ic Productions (the first 2 Friday the 13ths, Sleepaway Camp, My Bloody Valentine).

I don't know how many more I'm willing to try out without any feedback, though, so I'm hoping to get some recommendations if you got 'em.

apathetic poster
May 8, 2002

by T. Finn
I am so god drat happy that MST3K is continuing in one form or another. It's like all is right with the world.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I'm catching up on them randomly, about to watch Jaws.

Has Mike died from his all-bacon diet yet? Has he proved to the 'chans that he's hardcore?

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Swanky posted:

This one is pretty good. The song Kevin Murphy sings while the vampire guy is playing the piano was probably my favorite part.

This, this, forever this. I think this was my favorite-ist part of the Riff. If for no other reason, watch for this song...

Line?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

exponentory posted:

"Sure they argue alot, but the sex is great"

"Then I'll see you in hell!"
"LEEEEEROY JENNNNKINS!"

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
The piano song was great, but the Benny Hill thing in the woods cracked me up.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The RiffTrax shorts DVD arrived yesterday and it's pretty cool. I like how their Song Fu entries from QuickStopEntertainment are the menu background music, though it would be nice if they were their own entry as well.

The 3D short is kinda gimmicky, but "Shake Hands With Danger" is such a dark, hilarious short that it makes up for it.

Bill as the baby in "Drugs Are Like That" gets funnier every time, I swear.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

The 3D short is kinda gimmicky, but "Shake Hands With Danger" is such a dark, hilarious short that it makes up for it.

I'm still kind of pissed off that they haven't released that yet for download. I mean, I've already purchased every single Riffshort and I really don't want to purchase a DVD of stuff I already have just for the one short.

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord

poconnor posted:

Anyone been listening to the iriffs on their website? And if so, do you have favorites?

I really like the ones from Josh Way (Fun With Shorts). He's got a lot of his older riffs on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=romeorhino&view=videos

so you could try some of those out for free before purchasing some of his newer iriffs.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I saw they are having a deal if you buy the three DVD's with the three riffer versions of Night of the Living Dead, Reefer Madness, and Little Shop of Horrors. I had wanted to pick up Night of the Living Dead, but are the other two worth it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Satsuki posted:

I saw they are having a deal if you buy the three DVD's with the three riffer versions of Night of the Living Dead, Reefer Madness, and Little Shop of Horrors. I had wanted to pick up Night of the Living Dead, but are the other two worth it?

Reefer Madness is good and I would say on par with MST3K.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

I just saw the Star Wars Holiday Special riff and it is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen. They are absolutely merciless on every single aspect of it, especially Bea Arthur in general and Chewbacca's family, and the lame '70s commercials.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I watched Point Break last night. It had its moments but the movie is just way too loving long and thus the whole thing dragged.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

CrumFUNist! posted:

I just saw the Star Wars Holiday Special riff and it is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen. They are absolutely merciless on every single aspect of it, especially Bea Arthur in general and Chewbacca's family, and the lame '70s commercials.

I think Star Wars Holiday Special is the pinnacle of the Rifftrax- the source material is so bad that anything put on top of it can't help but be good. And I still find myself quoting some of the jokes from the commercials. "Schiffer is 'buy Tobor' spelled backwards." "It'll be fun for approximately 3.7 seconds!"

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
So I watched Twilight.

There really are no words.

line.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

I belive the words are "Omh gongbomh 30 years".

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
So, what's the deal with Shnoppy? Is it from one of the shorts they did or something I just don't get the reference.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

Premeditated Toast posted:

So, what's the deal with Shnoppy? Is it from one of the shorts they did or something I just don't get the reference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schnappi

It is horrible.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
Ah no wonder, I was spelling it wrong. Also, I watched the riff of A New Hope the other night, great job again guys!

edit: just heard the Schnappi song, sweet mother of mercy

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Captain Charisma posted:

So I watched Twilight.

There really are no words.

line.

line.

line.

Also the Benny Hill part killed me.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Just watched that last night. Twilight would have been utterly unwatchable otherwise.

I tried the Star Wars Holiday Special but the source material was just so weird I couldn't get into it.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I was browsing the trivia section on IMDB for Twilight. Now I thought the movie looked cheap but holy poo poo.

quote:

When the 'evil vampires' make their first appearance, actors Cam Gigandet, Rachelle Lefevre and Edi Gathegi are all wearing little slippers painted like bare feet.

Kristen Stewart wore hair pieces so they didn't have to waste time doing her hair, and therefore had more time to shoot.

The dress Kristen Stewart wears in the prom scene was only twenty dollars. The suit Robert Pattinson wore was the most expensive item of clothing from the entire shoot.

There's lots of other infuriating/hilarious tidbits in there.

quote:

In the first biology classroom scene, Edward Cullen is clearly shown with white wings, an indirect hint about his angelic beauty as written in the book.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Ten minutes in and I have come to the conclusion that this is one of the stupidest moves ever made.

E: are the books anywhere as bad as this movie?

Extra edit: Just finished and this movie is just as bad as The Happening. Excellent riff.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 26, 2009

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Watched Twilight with the Trax on Saturday and it's now my favorite Riff, with Transformers and The Matrix Reloaded tied for 2nd.

Yancee
Dec 30, 2002
If anybody is interested, a live rifftrax is happening at 3pm (PST). Only $.10

http://www.rifftrax.com/live/25787

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I can't add it to my cart :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain Charisma posted:

I can't add it to my cart :smith:

I could and did.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Yancee posted:

If anybody is interested, a live rifftrax is happening at 3pm (PST). Only $.10

http://www.rifftrax.com/live/25787

10 cents? Count me in, and who knows, maybe I might get that signed 300 poster this time.

Any idea as to what's being riffed?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They say its a short that they haven't put up yet.

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?
The Twilight rifftrax just barely made up for the sheer unwatchable mess that was that film.

I almost feel like without the rifftrax, it would have just been two hours of the characters staring at each other in an angst-ridden manner, amongst messy pointless quick-cuts.

Loved the song though, and the 'line' bits had me in hysterics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Don't forget people running around really fast and baseball!

I also cracked up when that one vampire came into the house and the guys just kept going "HARPO!" whenever it would cut to him.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 28, 2009

• Locked thread