Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
These were all taken with a Droid X2 (and if you see someone named "donrufie" add you on instagram, it was me...)

I really like the sort of facebook/twitter for photos feeling that instagram has simply because I enjoy seeing into other people's lives. I mean, some IT guy from Ireland or a kid living in some country in eastern Europe. It's just cool to me. But there is a lot of camwhoring out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Yeah I hate how a lot of the top photos are just some self-shot of a blonde in a mirror and it's like

"Going out for the night! #hot #sexy #iphoneography #iphotos #pictureoftheday #potd #girls #pics #funny #out #for #the #night

503 likes"

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

the posted:

Yeah I hate how a lot of the top photos are just some self-shot of a blonde in a mirror and it's like

"Going out for the night! #hot #sexy #iphoneography #iphotos #pictureoftheday #potd #girls #pics #funny #out #for #the #night

503 likes"

Me too, why don't more people appreciate my legitimate artistic attempts? It's not fair- at all!

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This is out now...

http://itunes.apple.com/app/645-pro/id518235205?mt=8

People have been complaining of their phones overheating and excessive battery drain so I'm waiting for an update before trying it out. All camera apps seem fairly harsh on the iPhone battery, I'm still hoping that somebody makes one with a button that suspends metering and the viewfinder so that I can walk around with a camera app that is open and ready to go but isn't actively killing my battery.

I'm guessing not a lot of people walk around with a camera app at the ready or it would be a more prevalent (or existent) feature.

Untitled by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

My workflow was Hipstamatic, Blender, Big Lens, Scratchcam and Lo-Mob. I take a lot of photos of figures and dolls at antique stores/thrift shops/flea markets with my phone for stuff like this.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Well, joined Instagram as Weszor. I look forward to seeing lots of other amazing Goon photos! It's weird, really. I don't like filters or a lot of post-processing on pictures taken with my big rig, but when you can let that go and accept that Instagram is all about just that, it makes taking photos a lot of fun. Choosing which filter you want for a specific photo to change the tone adds a new layer I didn't think I would enjoy. This... this must be what those crazy HDR-obssesed photographers feel like, and I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but it's fun when you're having trouble coming up with "serious" photos or just don't have the time to get out an SLR.

IMG_20120420_202313 by Wes_Smith, on Flickr

IMG_20120420_165221 by Wes_Smith, on Flickr

IMG_20120419_234745 by Wes_Smith, on Flickr

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Kisses For Sale by I Never Asked For This, on Flickr

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Untitled by SeANMcBAY, on Flickr

Added everyone on Instagram.

mdtyson
Jul 21, 2008
This was taken with Camera+ outside of Ground Kontrol in Portland, OR.

Untitled by drewsiah, on Flickr

I'm also on Instagram @drewsiah

krackmonkey
Mar 28, 2003

when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro...

Across by Trip Sixes, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Waiting for the Metro....

Metro (GifVid) by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Shot with GifVid2

On the Metro...

Metro (Slitscan) by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Shot with ScanCamera.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Haha. Nice. It's like a perpetual commuter's nightmare of the train psyching you out. You're going to be on time.....Oh no you're not!

For the iPhone folks out there, how have you been finding 645 Pro so far? Have you been finding any noticeable difference in image quality between the JPG or TIFF files and the images from any other camera program?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

HPL posted:

For the iPhone folks out there, how have you been finding 645 Pro so far? Have you been finding any noticeable difference in image quality between the JPG or TIFF files and the images from any other camera program?

Here's a comparison between 645 and standard camera output: https://www.box.com/s/0fcadd186ee04ec363b4

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Here's a comparison between 645 and standard camera output: https://www.box.com/s/0fcadd186ee04ec363b4

Nice. I was wondering if there was much difference between TIFF and JPEG. Looks like the TIFFs are crappy enough that it's largely the same as the JPEG version. Defnitely looks better than the stock camera app as well.

hypersleep
Sep 17, 2011

iPhone 4. Yes I live in trashy town full of trashy people.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Shot with GifVid2

I really shouldn't quote this because it's making me a little nauseous but that's neat.

krackmonkey posted:

Across by Trip Sixes, on Flickr

I've been trying to guess what I'm looking at. I like it, is it a pedestrian walkway?

More slitscan experimentations:

And a dollhead smashup:

Intergalactic Cowpoke by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

Taken with the 6x7 app and run through Blender, Big Lens, Scratchcam and finally Infinicam. All done on the iPad except a little spot on the neck that I had to fix in Photoshop. I'm not going anywhere with these, just doodling for fun.

krackmonkey
Mar 28, 2003

ThisQuietReverie posted:

I've been trying to guess what I'm looking at. I like it, is it a pedestrian walkway?

yep, it's a walkway over some train tracks by the beach, as shot through the car windshield in the rain.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Flickstackr is free today

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zentrenched
Jun 7, 2005

It's all noise to me.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

If my metro does this when I head into town later I'm blaming you. :stare:

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Hipstamatic

Plane by Ropes4u, on Flickr

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Ropes4u posted:

Hipstamatic

Plane by Ropes4u, on Flickr

:catstare:

Same plane, 15 days earlier:

It's a small, goon infested world.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

She is a beautiful plane, I need to get inside..

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.
I've been finding that one problem with 645 Pro is that it won't boost the ISO until the shutter speed reaches 1/15 even in bright light which is not a good thing when you're taking photos of moving things. Am I doing something wrong here?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

PowerCam and large ApeturePro are currently free in the app store.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.
I don't even pretend to be smart enough to understand what sort of bleak sorcery makes the Scan Camera render vehicles moving backwards from observable physics and traffic laws but it's funny.

Slitscan Highway [the crash] by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

I bought The "Amazing Type-Writer" app yesterday because it looked like something I would enjoy the aesthetics of and playing around with it turned out to be even more fun than I had imagined. You can export your ramblings to the camera roll as an image so I tried to figure out how to use it with photos. I grabbed four random shots from my camera roll and tried to write a little story around it.

I am super happy with the results and am looking forward to doing more. Used Hipstamatic, Scan Camera, Blender, The Amazing Type-Writer, Pocket Labeler, Frame Magic, Simply B&W, and Filterstorm:

Life Must Go On by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Reminds me, did a couple of slitscan pics from my favourite bar...

slitscan_road1 by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

slitscan_road2 by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

Plus one inside... Spot the ghost :o:

slitscan_hauntedbar by NoneMoreNegative, on Flickr

efcso
Sep 11, 2001

I'm watching you!
These are a couple of snaps taken with my Nokia N8 as-is.

Frontal change moving through near sunset.

I was driving down a disused fire trail and stumbled upon this abandoned house in the middle of nowhere.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm using Hipstamatic way too much. Definitely going to try some slit-scanning soon.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 13, 2012

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

krackmonkey
Mar 28, 2003

ThisQuietReverie posted:

I don't even pretend to be smart enough to understand what sort of bleak sorcery makes the Scan Camera render vehicles moving backwards from observable physics and traffic laws but it's funny.

Slitscan Highway [the crash] by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

I bought The "Amazing Type-Writer" app yesterday because it looked like something I would enjoy the aesthetics of and playing around with it turned out to be even more fun than I had imagined. You can export your ramblings to the camera roll as an image so I tried to figure out how to use it with photos. I grabbed four random shots from my camera roll and tried to write a little story around it.

I am super happy with the results and am looking forward to doing more. Used Hipstamatic, Scan Camera, Blender, The Amazing Type-Writer, Pocket Labeler, Frame Magic, Simply B&W, and Filterstorm:

Life Must Go On by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

I see we both had a similar favorite bit on Liquid Television, eh? AWESOME

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

krackmonkey posted:

I see we both had a similar favorite bit on Liquid Television, eh? AWESOME

You read it in that voice, that's my secret gift to you :ninja:

Liquid Television was hugely influential on me in high school.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Thug Life by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

(crop from an anti DWI billboard)

Anything But That by ThisQuietReverie, on Flickr

(Collage generated from Apple's built-in 'Origami' screensaver that randomly combines photos from your photo album)

These have been run through the "InstaCRT" app. You can take a photo with the default camera or load from your photo library. It then sends your photo to an FTP server in Sweden where it sits in a queue and then is displayed on a 1 inch CRT that was formally the viewfinder in an 80s VHS camcorder. A Canon 7D takes a photo of your projected image and it is sent back to you via the app. 2 bucks on the app store.

Also, all the Hipstamatic paks are available for purchase this weekend.

ThisQuietReverie fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 29, 2012

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Any particular hipstamatic pack I need....

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Ropes4u posted:

Any particular hipstamatic pack I need....

I use the Tejas lens with Cano Cafenol film for color and the Americana lens with Claunch 72 film for monochrome. Lucifer, Melodie and Helga Viking are also useful lenses to have.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Bought the two retro packs might pick up the Portland, Soho, and America pack after I take some shots on my nightly dog walk

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Been abusing my instagram.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

ThisQuietReverie posted:

These have been run through the "InstaCRT" app.

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Strangely cool, isn't it?

I forgot to mention that it takes between 25 seconds and 19 minutes to get your photo back (shortest and longest I've had to wait). It's usually about 5-8 minutes and you can do other stuff and it will notify you in the background when your image arrives. Also, if your photo comes back brownish instead of blue it's because somebody turned on the light in the room where the camera and screen are. Hopefully the InstaCRT folks make some coin and can get other projects and setups going.

I think the whole thing is neat. I wish I had a better grasp of electronics, the Salvation Army thrift store up the street regularly has little portable black and white televisions on the cheap that would be fun to use as projectors. I've had good success with projecting images on computer monitors and taking pinhole photos of the screen.

Rambowjo
May 27, 2008

:cop: let it go dude, hail satan
I went to do some pictures the other day, but as I arrived, I found my camera had no battery charge. That's the bad thing about DSLRs, the battery running out kind of sneaks up on you. I decided to try my cellphone instead, and I managed to get some half decent pictures. They were nothing like what I had planned, cell phones are kind of hard to work with I feel.

This is quite heavily photoshopped as well, but it's sort of what I had in mind for one of the pictures.
Sort of wish I had a better phone, this HTC Hero is certainly showing its age. The sharpness in some of the photos above is absolutely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Snapseed is currently free in the app store