Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Amell and his wife had their first child the other day. Guess how they celebrated? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hcreight posted:

Amell and his wife had their first child the other day. Guess how they celebrated? :3:

I hope it was on Amellsday.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Deadpool posted:

Come on dude. It's in the OP. We're trying to set a good example in this thread for the those that can't control themselves in that other bad thread.

My bad. :blush:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

I hope it was on Amellsday.

If Arrow was on TV it had to be.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this? posted:

If Arrow was on TV it had to be.

That's not Arrow. It's The Tomorrow People. And I thought it repeated on Fridays, but I guess that was just the premiere.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The baby was born on Tuesday I think.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the baby was born on Amellsday? Little legend.

edit... saw tuesday^... err close enough

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
2nd episode, still enjoying the show! I hope Oliver can get some sort of mask because it would look more rad than make-up. Of course, it removes a lot of emoting but hey.

I want to say that writing-wise, the show is pretty well balanced. You do not get that type of show without Smallville, which was often horribly balanced (here are the stories of two of the most important people in this fictional world! also another teenage girl!) but everything that happens here works.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

hcreight posted:

Awww.

Amellsdays = best days.

His "uniform" has a mask, he just doesn't wear it. To be honest, I prefer him without mask. Makes it easier to read his face and it is a superhero show, if Superman could disguise himself successfully as Clark Kent, then Olly can work with just the make-up. But it would be cool to see him wearing the mask on occasion, when they can find good reasons for him to do so. It acting as a gas mask or something?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He sprays his face with green paint but I don't think that really counts as a "mask".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He doesn't wear a mask because nobody is supposed to get close enough to see his face in the first place.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The spray paint actually makes a better mask, you don't have to spirit gum something to your face and worry about it fall off.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hollis posted:

The spray paint actually makes a better mask, you don't have to spirit gum something to your face and worry about it fall off.

Mystery man with your mystery smile

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Phylodox posted:

I thought Man of Steel was pretty awesome. :shrug:

Seconded. I thought it was a great take on a more 'realistic' Superman story (relatively, of course).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I seriously doubt we'll see any sort of tie in what so ever.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Hollis posted:

I seriously doubt we'll see any sort of tie in what so ever.

Good. What with Man of Steel being loving garbage and them talking about rebooting Batman less than a year after the Nolan trilogy wrapped up, DC is handling this crossover stuff exactly the wrong way. I don't want Arrow to get dragged down like that.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

Deadpool posted:

That's not Arrow. It's The Tomorrow People. And I thought it repeated on Fridays, but I guess that was just the premiere.

It's really cute that Amell is pointing to his real-life cousin.

You can just imagine what he says to his baby

:allears:

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Pringles_School posted:

It's really cute that Amell is pointing to his real-life cousin.

I thought they were brothers?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

KilGrey posted:

I thought they were brothers?

Look at the Amellsday video again, they clearly state that their dads were brothers, they are indeed "only" cousins.

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

It always weirds me out when I see actors playing adult characters that are younger than I am. Emily Bett Rickards was born in 1991.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Yannick_B posted:

(here are the stories of two of the most important people in this fictional world! also another teenage girl!)

The "other teenage girl" was definitely the best character out of those three, so I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Klungar posted:

The "other teenage girl" was definitely the best character out of those three, so I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here.

Lana Lang? She was terrible.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Patrovsky posted:

It always weirds me out when I see actors playing adult characters that are younger than I am. Emily Bett Rickards was born in 1991.

Her and Willa Holland are the same age. They're probably the youngest two main cast actresses on a major network show actually.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hollis posted:

I don't think their incorporating Arrow into the DC film universe. WB is working with multiple networks. It's not like ABC where Disney owns ABC so it has no problem cross pollinating so to speak.

You do know what the "W" in "CW" stands for, right? Unless you meant "DC" in which case the only other network I can think of that shows their content is Cartoon Network, and that's just strictly animated stuff. Even then I'm pretty sure those fall under the WB banner as well, just not on WB's station.

raditts fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 20, 2013

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Yannick_B posted:

Lana Lang? She was terrible.

I assumed he was talking about Clark Kent and Lana Lang and Chloe Sullivan v:shobon:v

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Patrovsky posted:

God dammit I'm loving old.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Klungar posted:

I assumed he was talking about Clark Kent and Lana Lang and Chloe Sullivan v:shobon:v

Chloe was great! (and totally the model for Felicity on Arrow) but she was better than Lana because
her stories went along with Clark's--solving plots and superhero stuff (Allison Mack was also one
of the show's best actors, which helped a lot).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I always thought Chloe was one of the worst parts of Smallville. Not as bad as Lana, but still pretty terrible.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Yannick_B posted:

Chloe was great! (and totally the model for Felicity on Arrow) but she was better than Lana because
her stories went along with Clark's--solving plots and superhero stuff (Allison Mack was also one
of the show's best actors, which helped a lot).

Oh, I agree! My point was the random teenage character they made up for the show was better than the two lead characters from the comics the show was based around! Just like Felicity is a much better character than Laurel.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Coq au Nandos posted:

Good. What with Man of Steel being loving garbage and them talking about rebooting Batman less than a year after the Nolan trilogy wrapped up, DC is handling this crossover stuff exactly the wrong way. I don't want Arrow to get dragged down like that.

If Arrow shared a universe with Man Of Steel, there wouldn't have been any FEMA in this week's episode, it would've been all in Metropolis!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Patrovsky posted:

I guess this makes me a dirty old man :quagmire:

(I have 11 years on her what the gently caress)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I guess this makes me a dirty old man :quagmire:

(I have 11 years on her what the gently caress)

Glee is another show that has people in their 20s and even early 30s portraying high school characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felicity was pretty annoying throughout all of season 1. She's been better so far.

Chloe was always terrible.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
The only tie to Man of Steel or Smallville I'd be up for is bringing on Michael Rosenbaum or John Glover as business rivals/enemies for Ollie. The Luthors were the best part of the show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Felicity was pretty annoying throughout all of season 1. She's been better so far.

Chloe was always terrible.

It's still pretty much the dream geek girl trope similar to Kaylee from Firefly.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

XboxPants posted:

The only tie to Man of Steel or Smallville I'd be up for is bringing on Michael Rosenbaum or John Glover as business rivals/enemies for Ollie. The Luthors were the best part of the show.

I still want them to acknowledge that Queen Mansion is totally Luthor Mansion by having Michael Rosenbaum just hanging out in the background in a couple of scenes.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

etalian posted:

It's still pretty much the dream geek girl trope similar to Kaylee from Firefly.

One thing that they've done well how they changed the relationship between "geek girl" and the hero, though. Chloe was constantly pining for Clark in a teen drama plot thread that would never be able to go anywhere. With Felicity, they're practically mocking that trope. (unless she eventually does fall for him so lets all hope that never happens)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

etalian posted:

Glee is another show that has people in their 20s and even early 30s portraying high school characters.

Pretty sure it's actually rarer to have real teenagers playing high school-aged characters. In That 70s Show, only Mila Kunis was about the same age as her character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And that's because she lied to the casting director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Real teenagers are a hassle to deal with because depending on their age there are certain rules and regulations as to how many hours they can work. Also you deal with the still maturing factor where a teenager can look normal as a kid but get kind of freaky looking as an adult, see Haley Joel Osment.

• Locked thread