Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Seems like a natural synergy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Chapter 59 is out. It focuses on Mayu, I think. Haven't read it yet.

http://www.mangahere.co/manga/gekkan_shoujo_nozaki_kun/v01/c059/

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Huh. That was the weakest chapter I can recall. One decent joke ridden too hard.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Just marathoned the anime today, and then read through the manga. Not regretting anything, it's just great.
That last episode. I was "ah man, they are doing the fireworks muting the confession crap. wait .. YES YES YES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
The characters were all great, but Seo is simply the best and Waka has the willpower of a lemming. But still, she's one of those people that are fun to watch from a distance and loving exhausting to deal with in person. :p

Really looking forward to the "Waka, I AM Lorelei!" moment.

Kellanved fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 29, 2014

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism
Is the whole "giving mythological/fairytale nicknames to people who excel at extra curricular activities" an actual thing that happens in Japanese high schools or is that just a manga contrivance? Granted, I only went to one high school but I never once heard someone say "Oh, that guy is Joe Smith, otherwise known as the Lightning Wing Hermes of the track and field team". Pretty sure someone would get punched in the throat for saying something like that in real life.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Huh. That was the weakest chapter I can recall. One decent joke ridden too hard.

Ehh, I still really liked it. im mayumayu got a giggle out of me.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

organism posted:

Is the whole "giving mythological/fairytale nicknames to people who excel at extra curricular activities" an actual thing that happens in Japanese high schools or is that just a manga contrivance? Granted, I only went to one high school but I never once heard someone say "Oh, that guy is Joe Smith, otherwise known as the Lightning Wing Hermes of the track and field team". Pretty sure someone would get punched in the throat for saying something like that in real life.

When my dad was in college he played Ultimate Frisbee with young men nicknamed "God" and "Buddha," so, maybe?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

StandardVC10 posted:

When my dad was in college he played Ultimate Frisbee with young men nicknamed "God" and "Buddha," so, maybe?

Is your dad actually a character in Saint Young Men?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally caught up on the anime and the translated chapters of the manga as well. What a fantastic, heartwarming, hilarious series. Was the fate of Okada (the boy that Seo put on the truck that drove away) ever revealed? :ohdear:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

JosephWongKS posted:

Finally caught up on the anime and the translated chapters of the manga as well. What a fantastic, heartwarming, hilarious series. Was the fate of Okada (the boy that Seo put on the truck that drove away) ever revealed? :ohdear:

According to some author Q&A bit, the truck evidently brought Okada to a strawberry farm and he came back with strawberries for Seo. :3:

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

graybook posted:

According to some author Q&A bit, the truck evidently brought Okada to a strawberry farm and he came back with strawberries for Seo. :3:

So that was the story of the first time Seo got a gift from a boy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Caught up with the latest chapter. Amusing to see the joke of no girls being on the Internet; they're all dudes pretending to be girls. And Mikorin continues to find new ways to forever be the biggest loser :allears:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mikorin is not a loser, he is my husband.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

The Devil Tesla posted:

Mikorin is not a loser, he is my husband wife.

let's get real here.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006
A Happy New Year's illustration from our favorite mangaka's twitter! It's the year of the sheep.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oh my god that's horrifying.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Number 1 in all of Korea. http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/19-1/korean-anime-fans-pick-their-favorite-characters

And Japan. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-01-01/at-x-viewers-rate-monthly-girls-nozaki-kun-as-the-top-anime-of-2014/.82798

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Imagine i posted an emptyquote with an embed of that one Keri Hilson song here - you know the one - in lieu of a real response here.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
What the hell is Mahouka doing on that list.

I mean I know WHY, but still

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Am I reading this wrong or did motherfuckin Oreki from Hyouka beat each and every moe girl last year?
:emot-koreanflagwithcryingkimchi:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's probably a case where the dude vote gets split among all these anime girls and the lady vote has to go somewhere. But yea, that's still loving the best.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Compendium posted:

What the hell is Mahouka doing on that list.

I mean I know WHY, but still

Reminding people that imouto-moe will never die. :suicide:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
while i'm happy for sakura, the little sister from ngnl beat mikorin so that poll is bullshit.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

This is a good sign, right? I don't know much about the anime industry's business decisions but I'm hoping this means this show was actually popular in a way that means "people are reading the manga" and "people are buying the Blu-Rays" and not just nerds are stuffing internet polls.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Inflammatory posted:

while i'm happy for sakura, the little sister from ngnl beat mikorin so that poll is bullshit.

There's no justice in a world where Mikorin doesn't win the "prettiest waifu in all of Korea" award.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Red Bones posted:

There's no justice in a world where Mikorin doesn't win the "prettiest waifu in all of Korea" award.

Koreans are known for their poo poo taste in waifus

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I was watching Nozaki-kun on Crunchyroll this evening but now Crunchyroll appears to be down and it's preventing me from watching more Nozaki-kun. Honestly the anger I feel right now is so great that I am shaking from it.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Ytlaya posted:

So I was watching Nozaki-kun on Crunchyroll this evening but now Crunchyroll appears to be down and it's preventing me from watching more Nozaki-kun. Honestly the anger I feel right now is so great that I am shaking from it.

It's on Hulu too, so you might as well go there.

http://www.hulu.com/monthly-girls-nozakikun

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

This is a great series, I loved it. All of the characters are seriously great.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://reader.roseliascans.com/read/gekkan_shoujo_nozakikun/en/6/60/page/1

It is a good one.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

A really drat good one.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Kashima and Hori are the best.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Between this chapter and the one where they visited Nozaki's house Chiyo is a stone's throw away from complete insanity :allears:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I can't get over that little image of Hori x Nozaki. The bow just seals the deal.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
What fervor!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

DoubleDonut posted:

What fervor!

I love that she has to jump. I like that the manga doesn't gloss over the character's crazy height difference. It's endlessly amusing to me.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm embarrassed by how happy page 14 made me. :3:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Chiyo is actually the craziest. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Chiyo is gunning for that best best character spot with all her insane might.