Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

Has anyone said shitlaren yet this season?

Nice av you got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, really our engine (who doesnt have any problem with the rest of the team who are using it) is burning the back of our car (thing that its totally on us).

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's almost like it's the first time they've run with this engine and there are some minor teething problems

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

It's almost like it's the first time they've run with this engine and there are some minor teething problems

It's almost like everyone else does everything possible to ensure that doesn't happen in the modern era.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Just lol at all you idiots who don't think this is all part of McLaren's elaborate sandbagging theatre. I for one look forward to Fernando Alonso's maiden F1 win for McLaren in Melbourne.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Size zero part II.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I fear for sending LC's daughter to the crime and trash infested hellhole of Woking.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Here's a fun fact about mechanics, the fourth time you assemble a car from scratch the hydraulic leaks and electrical issues magically disappear.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I fear for sending LC's daughter to the Ron Dennis tomb that its the Mclaren Technology Centre

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If only McLaren had access to some sort of hydraulic system tester or a nearby auto parts store where they could assemble the $50 in parts necessary to build their own and test to see if their hydraulic system leaked

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So the engine burning the engine cover is a hydraulic failure? Last week in cold conditions they where having the same problem.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

All their good parts probably got stolen by roving gangs of youths who terrorize Woking day and night.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

They have access to a race track, tests are going swimmingly. Finding all the problems. Gonna be rock solid this season.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's really funny that McLaren keep failing more than some other teams, but parts breaking in testing when you're testing them is sort of normal.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

All their good parts probably got stolen by roving gangs of youths who terrorize Woking day and night.

They're called chavs.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dudley posted:

What about a smell of burning carbon?

I'm sure Alonso is fuming and calling people a cabrón

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

track day bro! posted:

I'm sure Alonso is fuming and calling people a cabrón

:golfclap:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mclaren doesnt have a excuse this year IMO.

Ferrari neither.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

DoctorGonzo posted:

Mclaren doesnt have a excuse this year IMO.

Ferrari neither.

Their excuse is that they don't have Lewis Hamilton, the best driver on the planet, driving their cars.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

Their excuse is that they don't have Lewis Hamilton, the best driver on the planet, driving their cars.

Second best. Are Stroll is the best.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
All the people giving McLaren a hard time need to back off. There's an extra 6.7 million tubes of toothpaste out there that show just what McLaren are capable of achieving.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

McLaren is bad

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

McLaren is bad

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

All the people giving McLaren a hard time need to wack off. There's an extra 6.7 million tubes of toothpaste out there that show just what McLaren are capable of achieving.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Why would I whack off to a McLaren

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Norns posted:

Why would I whack off to a McLaren

Fernando Alonso is driving it slowly, and shirtless.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

Fernando Alonso is driving it slowly, and shirtless.

I didn't realize the overheating problems were that bad

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Posting without comment:
https://i.imgur.com/5zvAC3V.mp4

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wow, Richard Mille have a new McLaren-branded watch

Wow! It looks like total dogshit!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It costs $200,000. Lmao.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That's appalling.

EDIT: Is this what Ron meant by brand synergy?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Thanks everyone :)

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I fear for sending LC's daughter to the crime and trash infested hellhole of Woking.

There is a new Mclaren technology centre in the good and correct North of England that isn’t designed for an OCD Bond villain. Thankfully.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It costs $200,000. Lmao.

What a deal.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Where is Decoy Brown?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I shouldn't talk because Ferrari are sponsored by Hublot, but Richard Mille may be the one watch company with less taste than Hublot.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My dog's shits look better than that watch.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My god drat cheap-rear end Casio looks better than that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't understand the hyper rich and why their watches have to look like that. I guess it's mostly athletes buying those but still. If I was hyper rich I'd just get a Patek Phillipe calendar or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There is very much a horseshoe effect when it comes to the ultra poor and ultra rich and their love of gaudy looking poo poo.