Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blue Star Error posted:

The weirdest part in this hypothetical is that doors, lightbulbs, and beds are less of a priority to his imaginary wife than a washing machine.

it's always sad when they prioritise their hobbies over essentials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

So basically it's the dril treet about candles except it's Spurs and a new stadium?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

COYS! Let's go babee!

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

The Kingfish posted:

COYS! Let's go babee!

Lloente, you're a loving enigma.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
How much did Chelsea spend to buyback David Luiz?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

How much did Chelsea spend to buyback David Luiz?

Less than what they sold him to PSG for.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Sorry, bud, the answer I was looking for was actually £34 million.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its funny imo that burnley signed joe hart and started him and were certain for relegation and dropped him and suddenly started winning again and will probably stay up now

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

its funny imo that burnley signed joe hart and started him and were certain for relegation and dropped him and suddenly started winning again and will probably stay up now

I am constantly suprised at how much worse he makes teams, whilst people keep picking him.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Say what you want about Pep, but he knew that Joe Hart was poo poo from day one and the outrage caused by trying to get rid of him is so funny in retrospect.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
was there a time when joe hart was good? i feel like he was well regarded at some point

if so what the hell even happened there

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

bewbies posted:

was there a time when joe hart was good? i feel like he was well regarded at some point

He played for England.

It's only downhill from there.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

It was because he was the first England keeper in years that seemed to be at least vaguely competent (and confident) after years of dross. People got over excited and believed he was the second coming of Seaman.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Lemon posted:

the second coming of Seaman.

heh

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
As a Man City fan I was happy with Hart until the luster came off with his ridiculous performance in the Euro penalty shootout vs. Italy in 2012 where he pulled stupid loving faces, jumped around, smashed the crossbar and failed to get anywhere near stopping a single loving penalty

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I went off Joe Hart after he moaned about how he didn't make the England squad for the World Cup.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Butterfly Valley posted:

As a Man City fan I was happy with Hart until the luster came off with his ridiculous performance in the Euro penalty shootout vs. Italy in 2012 where he pulled stupid loving faces, jumped around, smashed the crossbar and failed to get anywhere near stopping a single loving penalty

I forgot about that.

That was hilarious.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I never liked him because, get ready for this, his surname rhymes with fart

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
he also got humiliatingly panenked by pirlo in that shootout

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pirlo playing against England was great, because he completely clowned them but every England fan developed a crush on him.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

RideTheSpiral posted:

he also got humiliatingly panenked by pirlo in that shootout

Pulled the idiot grin right off Hart's face.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

I forgot about that.

That was hilarious.

He was so mad after Pirlo hit the bar in the world cup too

Also this

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
What's so great is that Pirlo's face didn't move but you could see the contempt rising to a crescendo as Hart turned to watch the ball go in the net

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXFWmpB-cPQ

"he was making funny movements"

hire this man to be your scout

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That slowed-down part at the end :discourse:

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

bewbies posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXFWmpB-cPQ

"he was making funny movements"

hire this man to be your scout

It meant erratic, the translation is trying to ham it up.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Cannon_Fodder posted:

It meant erratic, the translation is trying to ham it up.

"strange gestures" is what he said literally.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i think all of those accurately describe the situation

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1091292577800900609

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
And one of them definitely was not van der Meyde.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/tottenham-shirt-numbers-2018-2019-15765376

quote:

However, Vincent Janssen remains without a squad number after the no.9 shirt was stripped from him back in August which is the biggest hint that he has no future in north London.

Fuckin' rough, Vic. Anyone got context on why Vincent has been completely blacklisted? Poch just laughs when he's brought up.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Cannon_Fodder posted:

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/tottenham-shirt-numbers-2018-2019-15765376

Fuckin' rough, Vic. Anyone got context on why Vincent has been completely blacklisted? Poch just laughs when he's brought up.

He just seems to think he is way below the level. Also seems to hint a bit at him not being professional enough, so maybe he doesn't train well.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

gtkor posted:

He just seems to think he is way below the level. Also seems to hint a bit at him not being professional enough, so maybe he doesn't train well.

He's now been registered with Tottenham's Premier League squad for the rest of the season.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

He's now been registered with Tottenham's Premier League squad for the rest of the season.

Like a new signing

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

I mean why not, I half expect to see injuries to both Son and Llorente while filming a crossbar challenge for SpursTV at this point

Poch went on a bit of a rant during the presser today. Will be fun to hear the narrative change to he is cracking up.

gtkor fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 1, 2019

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/01/west-ham-supporters-board-member-resigns-over-controversial-posts-nik-tucker

Racist West Ham fan. Sounds about right.

quote:

West Ham United’s controversial official supporters’ board has lost one of its members after the representative for away season ticket holders resigned following accusations of antisemitism, homophobia and racism.

Nik Tucker agreed to step down after posts on his website, Crossed Hammers, were brought to the attention of Kick It Out, football’s anti-discrimination charity, last month. Kick It Out contacted West Ham about the posts, which portrayed orthodox Jews as Tottenham fans, aimed homophobic slurs at Brighton & Hove Albion and used racist language to caption a photo of two Asian Liverpool supporters.

A page on the Crossed Hammers site offering information for West Ham fans about away games against Tottenham showed a photograph featuring a large gathering of orthodox Jews and was captioned: “Shite Hart Lane will be a sell out this season with half-price season ticket discounts”. Another showing orthodox Jews looking in containers that appear to be bins was captioned: “Spurs! The Scousers of London!”

Homophobic language was used to caption a photo of a Brighton fan, and the website described Liverpool as “Bin Dippers” and Cardiff City as “sheep shaggers”. Some of the posts have been deleted.

Just a bit of banter, lads.

quote:

“Unfortunately I have had to part company with the Official West Ham United Supporters’ Board by ‘cough’ mutual consent,” Tucker wrote on the Crossed Hammers Facebook page this week. “I suppose my face and humour just doesn’t fit. Thanks for those who put me there with your recommendations but I suppose we are just dinosaur fans who the club would like to be extinct.”

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Gomez is probably going to need surgery again and we still don't have a fit right back for gently caress's sake.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fellaini's gonna be a giant in the Chinese Superleague

https://twitter.com/MrPlinkett/status/1091475945201065984

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

bewbies posted:

No he was always loving bad. They dropped Kasper Schmeichel for him lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

EvilHawk posted:

Gomez is probably going to need surgery again and we still don't have a fit right back for gently caress's sake.

Ey, calm down, calm down.