Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Off-tank was literally the dream position because you were just a dps with a tank queue time.

Exactly. And if you were competent, (and a warrior) , you'd do legitimate DPS numbers too.

In other news, grouping today has been a blast. 5 minute roulette queues for DPS, and average competence is way, way higher than normal.

Still have to see how I'll juggle levelling multiple jobs... definately going PLD, SAM, DNC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Harrow posted:

Haha I looked at the Gunbreaker quest list and the level 80 quest is Gunblades of the Patriots

:ocelot:

I only played long enough to get to the title splash in msq before heading back to work. Giving Wedge a voice was a mistake.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Thundarr posted:

:ocelot:

I only played long enough to get to the title splash in msq before heading back to work. Giving Wedge a voice was a mistake.

Definately seems shadowbringers has increased the 'Oi, wots all this then' level.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Also, let me glamour Feo Ul onto Lily, Yoshi.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
A game of "High or Low". Finally a Final Fantasy mini game up to my mental aptitude.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Friendship with Au Ra ended, now Viera is my new best friend.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Also I like how I'm not even out of the level 70 quests (finished the second of the split zones, partway through the first), and two NPCs have already been brutally murdered.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh my god some of these viera combat voices are ghastly

Voice 7 sounds soooo baaaad

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I like voice 4 a lot!

I also like my bun a lot in general

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I’m increasingly upset at the lack of pvp-style button consolidation for BLM, because having to place three or four more powers that I actually want to use regularly is forcing me to put at least a couple in awkward hotkey locations that used to house marginal or once in a blue moon stuff. It’s still manageable but I might end up having to scramble up the logic of all my ability assignments, and that’s gonna gently caress with my muscle memory!

I also tried a few roulettes as white mage which put me into level 60ish dungeons and found that, because regen and medica 2 got shorter durations, it still felt like I was spinning a number of plates and just barely keeping everything important refreshed despite the fact that I’d lost aero 3. It’s just that a higher proportion of my gcds were going to HoTs rather than DoTs. The lily mechanic is much improved, too, although the basic “heal now to nuke later” concept remains unchanged.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
So apparently you can change sound devices after launching the game and have it actually recognized. Very excited. I don't know how many times I've had to reload the game to change from speakers to headphones and back.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Oh my god some of these viera combat voices are ghastly

Voice 7 sounds soooo baaaad
yeah, oof

I was thinking of paying :10bux: to switch my voice (voice 2) but after listening to them I'm not sure any of them are any better. :( especially as Dancer she yells a lot, with every dance step and finisher. It's just a stream of "unf! unf! unf!"

still beyond psyched that I can finally play as a big bun tho

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

funkymonks posted:

So apparently you can change sound devices after launching the game and have it actually recognized. Very excited. I don't know how many times I've had to reload the game to change from speakers to headphones and back.

unironic game of the year now

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Saigyouji posted:

Also I like how I'm not even out of the level 70 quests (finished the second of the split zones, partway through the first), and two NPCs have already been brutally murdered.

The Alisae one went like :kheldragar: and had me like :stonk:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

one of our friends switched to a rabbit and now they don't get to wear (aesthetically) 90% of the hats in the game so the rest of us have been glamouring to a different hat every time we're able to lol

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Your Computer posted:

yeah, oof

I was thinking of paying :10bux: to switch my voice (voice 2) but after listening to them I'm not sure any of them are any better. :( especially as Dancer she yells a lot, with every dance step and finisher. It's just a stream of "unf! unf! unf!"

I've never tried, but I would think it is not hard to just find and edit the sound files for $0.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Oh no Feo Ul's voice makes my heart flutter. I'm such a dumb idiot for a thick brogue. :suicide:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Stuck at work for about the next 4 hours, is it good so far? Can't wait to get home, the hype is real

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Fenrir posted:

Stuck at work for about the next 4 hours, is it good so far? Can't wait to get home, the hype is real

*leans in and whispers*

it's so gooooooooooooooooooood

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Fenrir posted:

Yep! Servers are holding up well, too

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Your Computer posted:

yeah, oof

Voice 2 is the most anime voice but its supririsingly not annoying to hear because her grunts aren't that long. Voice 5 sounds perfect to me, she has angry short grunts and her emotes still sound good and not into Beef Woman category. Voice 3 is good if you are into beefwoman voices though

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

isk posted:

Yep! Servers are holding up well, too

Good to hear after what people told me about Raubahn in SB.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Voice 2 is the most anime voice but its supririsingly not annoying to hear because her grunts aren't that long. Voice 5 sounds perfect to me, she has angry short grunts and her emotes still sound good and not into Beef Woman category. Voice 3 is good if you are into beefwoman voices though
I'll check those out, thanks

I agree about voice 2, the actual grunts aren't bad but some of them sound way too anime for my character and I want something a bit... stronger.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Having been around for all of SB launch and having played earlier this morning before work, I can say that fortunately this is the total opposite of Raubahn Ex. What I played was incredibly smooth.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

The only real hiccup I've seen so far is animation lag in particularly congested areas like the Crystarium, which is forgivable when the servers are being hammered by hundreds of thousands of people.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
What's the early thoughts on dancer? My fear is it might be a bit too simple and straightforward like RDM.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

BrightWing posted:

What's the early thoughts on dancer? My fear is it might be a bit too simple and straightforward like RDM.

From everything I've seen, it's just BRD with extra steps.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

drat The Light don't gently caress around

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BrightWing posted:

as someone who loves how easy rdm is, I'm also enjoying dancer

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I had a much more larger personal reaction when I ran into a FFXI lizard mob.

shas
Jul 27, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

drat The Light don't gently caress around

not a lot of happy times going on so far

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

shas posted:

not a lot of happy times going on so far

But there is finally a legit strip club in the game

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Impressions after ~5 hours or so...

- Viera are great, my only mistake was I made my eyes a little too vibrant. But the animations and how gear fits are all awesome. I’m on voice...12 I think? One of the later ones, I thought it had a good balance of sounding assertive but still feminine.
- It is amazing spamming PLDs new AoE combo without worrying about TO in fates, so cool!
- They have gotten so much better at the MSQ in both story and formatting. It feels fairly close to a single player campaign this time around and I’m more interested in what’s going on than I’ve ever been.

I haven’t messed with a ton else yet, but I’ve had a great experience so far.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I'm okay with the WHM and AST changes, but I really really wish they had kept Energy Drain on Scholar, even if it was purely an off GCD nuke with no mana restore. Ast has cards and WHM has assize/haste buff/afflatus misery, so SCH just feels extremely loving bare bones for no reason in comparison.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Can someone confirm if the Sable Death Mask (From ARR beast tribe alliance quest) works on hrothgar and looks good?

Seems to be the deciding factor of someone thinking of switching.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Fenrir posted:

Good to hear after what people told me about Raubahn in SB.

Raubahn was legendary also because he starts flexing probably in the first 20 minutes of the expansion.

Like, there was literally nothing to even do besides level the two new jobs in old content

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SettingSun posted:

A designated off tank class would be awful. Who wants to play second fiddle out of anything but necessity?

Plenty. I would. More dps time and less worrying about my cool downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

When you get to the first make sure to talk to the skywatcher for a weather forecast.