Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/centregoals/status/1786490570837315795

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i want nothing more than PSV losing today

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nawilo_420 posted:

i want nothing more than PSV losing today

we did our best

psv 'fans' only sing when they're winning lmao, what a loving embarrassment

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
was following the relegation play-off primarily because troy parrott is on loan at excelsior but holy moly

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, between that and the utter collapse of Roda JC, this was a good one. Also, some insane drama behind the scenes at NAC. Mind you, the playoffs for the final Conference League ticket were also suitably insane, with an appropriate amount of stupid poo poo by supporters on both sides as well.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Get hosed Excelsior

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Nuclear Spoon posted:

was following the relegation play-off primarily because troy parrott is on loan at excelsior but holy moly

I thought his loan to Excelsior was going to be a proper binning off but it looks like he might actually get sold for some money now instead of leaving on a free like most spurs youth products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
The promotion/relegation playoffs for this season gave me more joy than anything in the main competition beyond our 0-4 and 6-0 victories over Ajax, and Ajax being eliminated from the cup by an amateur club. To wit:

Roda JC - after the 95th minute equaliser by FC Groningen in the second to last round of the regular competition, they lost their final match against FC Groningen, when a draw would have been enough to guarantee them promotion. They then proceeded to completely implode in the first round of the promotion/relegation playoffs, losing 8-1 aggregate to NAC across the two legs.

ADO Den Haag - barely made it past De Graafschap in the first round of playoffs, going against Excelsior in the next round. They lost the first leg at home 2-1, which meant that they still had a chance when visiting Excelsior. Unfortunately they completely collapsed in the second leg, and were down 4-0 by the 40th minute. With all hope for promotion lost, the visiting fans proceeded to throw enough fireworks onto the pitch to leave molten patches on the artificial grass.

Excelsior - got a player sent off early in the fourth leg, and proceeded to lose 6-2. Four goals down, they decided to go all in on offence on the return game. They managed to claw their way to a 4-0 lead, which would have sent them into overtime at least, only for NAC to score 4-1 out of a counter and completely kill Excelsior's hopes, causing them to lose 7-6 aggregate.

Bonus mention for the finals of the playoffs for the ticket to the second preliminary round of the Conference League. FC Utrecht - Go Ahead Eagles, with Utrecht up 1-0. The home crowd was already gearing up to storm the pitch when an Utrecht player was sent off in the 87th minute. They voiced their displeasure by firing fireworks into the visitors' stands, causing the referee to shut down the match for fifteen minutes. When play resumed, Go Ahead Eagles tried to press their advantage, which resulted in an own goal in injury time, sending the game into overtime. They were already gearing up for the penalty shootout when Go Ahead managed to score 2-1, leaving FC Utrecht to drown their sorrows in brawling with the police outside the stadium.