Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

What the crap????

Ugh, it's gonna be Sam's kid or something.

The original creator always talked about Sam's daughter leaping to find her dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

With Awkwafina as Samantha "Sam" Beckett Jr.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is there any way to view Sepinwall's articles these days without a subscription? A few months ago you were able to.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PriorMarcus posted:

Is there any way to view Sepinwall's articles these days without a subscription? A few months ago you were able to.

I google the headline and go to the news tab and the version you click through to from there doesn’t have ads. Hasn’t failed me so far.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I absolutely love this stupid intro. It's the perfectly stoic faces. :geno: I wonder how many takes that took.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/nynDxkGWnh4

oh my GOD the marketing for this season is INSANE

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

swickles posted:

Opening credits are amazing.

I underestimated how true this was

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Has anyone watched A Discovery of Witches? Worth getting in to?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

swickles posted:

Opening credits are amazing.

The greatest thing I've ever seen in my life

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Peacemaker is good. John Cena is killing it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if they meant for it to match up but this week's Legends of Tomorrow did a John Cena joke.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

I saw part of the first season, and personally it did nothing for me.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

S2 of The Great might be favorite episode I've seen from a show (technically) from 2021. It kept on me on the verge of what I always worried what the show might turn out to be, just nothing really changing, livened with sex jokes and witty reparte.

But gently caress things MATTERED. Things had WEIGHT. Things CHANGED. I loved that, I loved how it ended, gently caress, its just good TV.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Shageletic posted:

S2 of The Great might be favorite episode I've seen from a show (technically) from 2021. It kept on me on the verge of what I always worried what the show might turn out to be, just nothing really changing, livened with sex jokes and witty reparte.

But gently caress things MATTERED. Things had WEIGHT. Things CHANGED. I loved that, I loved how it ended, gently caress, its just good TV.

Yeah, so much of the second season was concerned with, like, change vs stasis, full measures vs half measures, that I was worried the show would go full sitcom and choose stasis. But it didn't, and the show's much better for it. Really good stuff, probably my favourite show of the year.

Also it was just renewed, which makes me so loving happy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Peacemaker is good. John Cena is killing it.

Even though I didn't like the show I must admit John Cena is quite good. As far as wrestlers turned actors go he's probably the best we've seen. He may not have the coolness of The Rock but I think he's a much better actor at this point. Even if a lot of the comedy from the show didn't work for me Cena probably handled it the best. And on top of that he's got a lot more going on with the non-verbal acting acting as well. Plus as evidenced by this episode he's not afraid to look completely ridiculous if that's what's called for.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, so much of the second season was concerned with, like, change vs stasis, full measures vs half measures, that I was worried the show would go full sitcom and choose stasis. But it didn't, and the show's much better for it. Really good stuff, probably my favourite show of the year.

Also it was just renewed, which makes me so loving happy.

Cool!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I didn't see Suicide Squad but I was interested in Peacemaker for Cena, but am staying for Robert Patrick and Eagley

the soundtrack surprised me with Y&T in there

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

"Dr. Sam Beckett returned home."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

X-O posted:

Even though I didn't like the show I must admit John Cena is quite good. As far as wrestlers turned actors go he's probably the best we've seen. He may not have the coolness of The Rock but I think he's a much better actor at this point. Even if a lot of the comedy from the show didn't work for me Cena probably handled it the best. And on top of that he's got a lot more going on with the non-verbal acting acting as well. Plus as evidenced by this episode he's not afraid to look completely ridiculous if that's what's called for.

He's got great comedic chops but because he's a big stronk guy he was wasted for years trying to be an action star.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

He's got great comedic chops but because he's a big stronk guy he was wasted for years trying to be an action star.

We watched that silly Wedding Friends flick and he is a drat delight in it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What about Bautista

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't watched Peacemaker yet but I'd be surprised if it put Cena over Bautista, yeah. Cena's still kind of playing himself most of the time, Bautista legitimately has something of a bright future ahead of him as a character actor with his comedic timing and range.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not gonna count Cena out but Bautista really is incredible.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Open Source Idiom posted:

I saw part of the first season, and personally it did nothing for me.

Thanks.

I'm trying to get thru Search Party. On the third episode of the first season. All these people are the worst and not even in a good way.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

jacksonchan posted:

The Fox shows really do a disservice to Ramsey. His British stuff portrays him as an actual human being instead of the swearing dude Fox makes him out to be. the low rent reality TV production quality of the Fox shows don't help. That being said the new show is decent, it's a mish-mash of reality competition show ideas, but at least Ramsey gets to be nurturing instead of mean and sweary. There is an episode of Bourdain's first show Cook's Tour filmed at one of Ramsey's restaurants when he was still a working chef and it's interesting to see him in that setting.

It's super weird, I came over to the US from the UK back in 2002 so watching the evolution of Ramsay in both places has been unique to say the least. I'll still tune in to Hell's Kitchen if I'm bored while in hospital or something. It's a surprisingly binge-able show in those circumstances where you want something distracting but not something that requires concentration.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

What about Bautista

I think he's the overall better actor but Cena is funnier.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Escobarbarian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nynDxkGWnh4

oh my GOD the marketing for this season is INSANE

Holy poo poo I can't loving wait, it's been far too long.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

Thanks.

I'm trying to get thru Search Party. On the third episode of the first season. All these people are the worst and not even in a good way.

It's a great show that progressively gets better. Even the second half of season 1 is better than the first half.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hughmoris posted:

Thanks.

Really stick with it. It's one of the best shows. It's the first time I can remember that, after I went through the series finale, I immediately went back to episode one to go through all of it. Hell, it's the only show I ever bothered to post a thread for.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

cant cook creole bream posted:

I absolutely love this stupid intro. It's the perfectly stoic faces. :geno: I wonder how many takes that took.

Is that loving Steel Panther doing the intro song for a major studio show? If you told me this would be happening 8 years ago I would have slapped you in the face. I haven't looked up if it's them or not but Steel Panther would be perfect for this show. I still occasionally get Oklahoma Girl or Eatin Ain't Cheatin stuck in my head from time to time. I'm the worst.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's a Norwegian band called Wig Wam released in 2010.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Ok then, never mind, carry on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Until I watched Peacemaker I was convinced that Vigilante was a character I made up from a half-remembered comic I found at a friend's house once. But there he was, doing a dance number with John Cena in the year 2022. :shepspends:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Thanks.

That’s a feature, not a bug.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Jerusalem posted:

Until I watched Peacemaker I was convinced that Vigilante was a character I made up from a half-remembered comic I found at a friend's house once. But there he was, doing a dance number with John Cena in the year 2022. :shepspends:

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I remember Vigilante from some super old comics compilation I got from one of my brother's friends. Only thing I remember about it is that he met Batman at some point and at the end, he kills himself. Wouldn't be surprised if they include the spoiled part in this show.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 14, 2022

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I like Peacemaker so far, but episode 2 had some major pacing problems.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

Thanks.

Lol that's what happened to me. I quit the show but I'll give it another shot....eventually since everyone here raves about it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s basically a show about millennial narcissism causing worse and worse things to happen. And also wildly funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hughmoris posted:

My co-worker who loves witches and vampires and witches romancing vampires was obsessed with season 1 and bored by season 2. After watching the season 3 premiere she's all in again and scrambling to rewatch all the older episodes this weekend.