Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Give a man his own holiday and it goes straight to his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If we're sending a college coach to gladhand the aliens, I definitely want it to be Mack Brown.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

If we're sending a college coach to gladhand the aliens, I definitely want it to be Mack Brown.

We’ve had a good run, let’s just send Dan Mullen so the vaporization is quick.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Deion Sanders, Nick Saban, and the Aflac Duck.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I mean

It's gotta be Da Coach O

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Raku posted:

I mean

It's gotta be Da Coach O

He’s one of the alien sleeper agents

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Coach O goes to plead for the aliens to stop blowing up the cities of earth and hits on the queen. Or cooks them up in a nice gumbo if they're crustacean-like.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Captain, we are being hailed."

"Open a channel, Mr. Worf."

(viewscreen on)

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1182158474815430656?s=20&t=RsKFd0AqvNpip_34y0v7Pg

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

D.N. Nation posted:

"Captain, we are being hailed."

"Open a channel, Mr. Worf."

(viewscreen on)

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1182158474815430656?s=20&t=RsKFd0AqvNpip_34y0v7Pg

After viewing a glowing pentagram appeared in my living room and now all these demons are hanging out.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Laurence Fishburne in Event Horizon watching the video and saying "we're leaving" but the footage is Nebraska football.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1570104776267792385?s=21&t=_hVfcGVT8qECUKCO1LHZrg

Red River schools moving next year?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whether they do or not keeping the option open seems to make some sense and put pressure on them to go ahead and get on with things?

Also you don't get a home and home non-con game with 8 years in between when it's obvious they'll be in the conference by then, so that's probably part of it. Maybe most of it.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

The news is moving fast today.
https://twitter.com/OU_Football/status/1570111410276913152

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Whether they do or not keeping the option open seems to make some sense and put pressure on them to go ahead and get on with things?

Also you don't get a home and home non-con game with 8 years in between when it's obvious they'll be in the conference by then, so that's probably part of it. Maybe most of it.

Yeah cancelling ‘31 is of course whatever but cancelling OU and UGA’s marquee non-con less than a year out seems dramatic if they aren’t expecting to have OU join by then.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Judgy Fucker posted:

Yeah cancelling ‘31 is of course whatever but cancelling OU and UGA’s marquee non-con less than a year out seems dramatic if they aren’t expecting to have OU join by then.

I would've expected similar news with Texas non-con in Tuscaloosa next year if this was the case? maybe still forthcoming.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

We gone

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I believe in the Washington Huskies

Same :hmmyes:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Was looking forward to Brock Vandagriff @ OU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

Was looking forward to Brock Vandagriff @ OU

You may still get it! It’ll just be a conference game :)

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Neil Armbong posted:

I would've expected similar news with Texas non-con in Tuscaloosa next year if this was the case? maybe still forthcoming.

After settling down and actually thinking, you make a good point. It’s probably more likely the move is after ‘23 if there’s no change to Texas-Bama, which seems likely since I don’t know why the SEC would announce changes only to the OU games if they intended the same for Texas.

Since OU announced the SMU replacement immediately I’m guessing OU contacted the SEC with concerns about fulfilling the contracts with Georgia and Tennessee and they worked together to announce this. Texas wouldn’t have a concern in finishing the Bama series next year.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ctowersajc/status/1570119240602075136

FWIW, home slates in the Kirby Smart era:

2016: Nicholls State, #11 Tennessee, Vanderbilt, #8 Auburn, Louisiana, Georgia Tech
2017: Appalachian State, Samford, #17 Mississippi State, Missouri, South Carolina, Kentucky
2018: Austin Peay, MTSU, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, #24 Auburn, UMass, Georgia Tech
2019: Murray State, Arkansas State, #7 Notre Dame, South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, Texas A&M
2020: #7 Auburn, #14 Tennessee, Mississippi State
2021: UAB, South Carolina, #8 Arkansas, #11 Kentucky, Missouri, Charleston Southern
2022: Samford, Kent State, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Georgia Tech
2023: UT Martin, Ball State (replacing Oklahoma), UAB, Kentucky, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina

Look at this garbage. Good grief. When the most intriguing team on there is Notre Dame doing their always-lose-to-the-elite schtick and the second one is...probably Arkansas?, you're not giving the home folks particularly interesting football.

I say 1) stop the overt body bag games; and 2) move WLOCP to home-and-home, dagnabbit

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Schools can have one bodybag game, as a treat.

e: I'd put the blame on the Kickoff Classic plague that has infested college football. The list of acceptable neutral site games in the regular season should be counted on one hand.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Somewhere Outside the US is the entire acceptable list

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sash! posted:

New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Dallas, and Somewhere Outside the US is the entire acceptable list

I was thinking more of Philadelphia, Dallas, Jacksonville, and two rotating 'weird' venues.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

I've never seen that. Jesus christ thats so late and cheap. Also...how bout that loving block.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
https://twitter.com/UCLAFootball/status/1569415623972909056?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/olemissfb/status/1570171420709388289?s=21&t=cU7bH-S81T-NfI6iA7EPcw

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Wait, I don’t get it? Why are they confessing?

They aren’t confessing.

They’re bragging.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I like to think Ole Miss saw the tweet and immediately named 20 transfer student starters to surpass UCLA.

Sometimes I take the opposite look though. Don't come here out of high school, we will replace you with a transfer.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

For the middle Ole Miss player, is the football photoshopped in? Why didn't he just pose with a real football? Everything about those images is just weird AF. It would be like KSU in the 90s bragging about how they use more jucos than any other team.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

regulargonzalez posted:

For the middle Ole Miss player, is the football photoshopped in? Why didn't he just pose with a real football? Everything about those images is just weird AF. It would be like KSU in the 90s bragging about how they use more jucos than any other team.

drat that is quite a custom title my man

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

wernox posted:

https://twitter.com/HurrdatSports/status/1569725205886472193

Late to practice, delegated recruiting calls, frustrated assistants, "didn't do the things he was supposed to do"

supposedly a good deal of indiscreet philandering as well

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Declan MacManus posted:

there was also https://brobible.com/sports/article/minnesota-football-fleck-val-martin-culture/ this which is not as bad as i remembered but it seems like fleck churns through guys
Appreciate these!

What I've read (and seen) over the years has probably just left me inured to all this poo poo across college athletics but I don't see anything there in either that would give a school pause in hiring? It's unfortunate, in that all of that ought to be on the severe end of the coaching misconduct scale, when instead I have no issue believing the U saying they investigated and found nothing out of policy because all of the acts sit pretty soundly in boilerplate athletics policy :sigh:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i'd just be surprised, given that Bad Things have leaked about PJ Fleck for two straight offseasons, if there wouldn't be an issue somewhere less friendly to rah rah overcoaching bullshit than minnesota

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Seaniqua posted:

drat that is quite a custom title my man

I got it when I dared to suggest that if one wanted Hulu without ads, one should pay for the ad-free tier of Hulu.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

regulargonzalez posted:

I got it when I dared to suggest that if one wanted Hulu without ads, one should pay for the ad-free tier of Hulu.

The ad-free tier of Hulu still has ads.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

regulargonzalez posted:

Talking politics has been the death of a custom title or two for me. $10 to strawman someone seems like a weird flex but people do it.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The ad-free tier of Hulu still has ads.

Ok

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LLCoolJD posted:

Talking politics has been the death of a custom title or two for me.

I got one with a man's rear end in rainbow hot pants once and I didn't understand why - I almost never leave TFF anymore - and it was June anyway so why the hell not

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lane Kiffin leading Sloppy Seconds U is very apt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lane Kiffin leading Sloppy Seconds U is very apt

It appears UCLA finally deleted theirs

http://amp.awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/chip-kelly-ucla-transfer-u-tweet-mistake.html